PDA

View Full Version : I-AA playoff weather forecasts...

ChickenMan
December 2nd, 2005, 10:02 AM
UNI @ UNH... Sunny... High 35... winds 15-25 mph

SIU @ ASU... Showers... High 41... chance of percipitation 30%

Cal Poly @ TSU... mostly Sunny... High 84... winds 10-20 mph

Furman @ Richmond... light wintery mix... High... 49... 20% chance of percipitation

FlyBoy8
December 2nd, 2005, 10:05 AM

I predict UNH by the average wind speed during the game.

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 10:46 AM
The App game is gonna be nasty, cold and wet, and its always windy once the sun goes down, chills your bones :mad:

LacesOut
December 2nd, 2005, 10:48 AM

Beautiful. I'll wear my board shorts, flip flops, wife beater, and bring my sun glasses and suntan lotion. LOL

KiddBrewer
December 2nd, 2005, 11:03 AM
The App game is gonna be nasty, cold and wet, and its always windy once the sun goes down, chills your bones :mad:

oh its gonna be nasty alright, but i hope everybody still comes out regardless of the weather. we need a big crowd and hopefully the weather will fuel the crowd instead of bringing it down. maybe the showers can be snow showers and if its like it is up here right now (27 degrees) they will be. there should be a lot of :beerchug: going on before the game, so i expect the crowd will still be pumped. we'll see..........

SoCon48
December 2nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
I predict UNH by the average wind speed during the game.
:nod:

GannonFan
December 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
84 deg in San Marcos? Has Texas St played in any cold weather recently? Is this going to be an issue for them either in Durham next week or Chattanooga the week after (assuming all the required wins to make those games possible)?

Bobcat94
December 2nd, 2005, 01:28 PM
No they haven't other than a game a few weeks ago when it was oh 50 or so.

I'm bringin' the sunscreen this weekend......

By the way 10 to 20 wind is typical for this part of Texas. You gotta be able to hit that knockdown shot.......

CatFan22
December 2nd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Too bad TX St. couldn't come up to MSU and play us. There's at least 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's still snowing. It would have been an interesting playoff home game for us.

Cincy App
December 2nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
oh its gonna be nasty alright, but i hope everybody still comes out regardless of the weather. we need a big crowd and hopefully the weather will fuel the crowd instead of bringing it down. maybe the showers can be snow showers and if its like it is up here right now (27 degrees) they will be.

I hope ASU still has a sizeable crowd. While the weather might not be too unusual for Boone in December, it's not typical weather for most of its alumni or students when away from campus. The diehards will still be there but I wouldn't count on too many "casual" fans.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
Too bad TX St. couldn't come up to MSU and play us. There's at least 2 feet of snow on the ground and it's still snowing. It would have been an interesting playoff home game for us.

People in Durham still talk about how cold it was in Bozeman for that D-II playoff game back in 1976. If it left an impression on UNH folks, then it must have really been fricken cold!! xlolx My memory of some pictures was piles of snow on the sidelines too!!

TxState_GO_CATS!
December 2nd, 2005, 02:04 PM

Beautiful. I'll wear my board shorts, flip flops, wife beater, and bring my sun glasses and suntan lotion. LOL

...only in Texas is it 84 degrees in DECEMBER... :hyped:

GGASU
December 2nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
I hope ASU still has a sizeable crowd. While the weather might not be too unusual for Boone in December, it's not typical weather for most of its alumni or students when away from campus. The diehards will still be there but I wouldn't count on too many "casual" fans.

Looking at the available tickets, it looks like we will be very close to selling all the seats for tomorrow by gametime. 16,000 will be a good crowd for the weather forecast.

Last week on Friday there weren't any seats sold in 1A or 6A only about half the seats in those sections are available today.

CatFan22
December 2nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
It looks pretty close to this right now. This was picture was from the spring in Bozeman. As you can tell, the spring practices were cancelled that week.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/galleries/050418-practice_canceled_jensen/8.jpg

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Looking at the available tickets, it looks like we will be very close to selling all the seats for tomorrow by gametime. 16,000 will be a good crowd for the weather forecast.

Last week on Friday there weren't any seats sold in 1A or 6A only about half the seats in those sections are available today.

well, 3 of the 6 sections are season ticket holders, don't know if they get playoff tickets too or not

tralfangar
December 2nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
From what I understand, they just get first priority...after a certain time they are available to everyone. So if those sections are sold out...they are sold out, not just seats being held by season ticket holders.

Cincy App
December 2nd, 2005, 03:20 PM
well, 3 of the 6 sections are season ticket holders, don't know if they get playoff tickets too or not

Season ticket holders have until either Monday evening or Tuesday evening of game week to purchase their playoff tickets or else their "season ticket" seats are released to the general public. All seats not available on the online seating chart should be sold seats.

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
I'm an App St. alum and I'll be there at 10am to start some Tailgating at The Rock. A real football fan loves nasty, cold, wet weather.

skinny_uncle
December 3rd, 2005, 12:15 AM

SIU @ ASU... Showers... High 41... chance of percipitation 30%

Furman @ Richmond... light wintery mix... High... 49... 20% chance of percipitation

Salukis should feel right at home.
Carbondale forecast for Saturday:

Cloudy skies with a few showers later in the day. High 43F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

UNI is on vacation in balmy New Hampshire.
Cedar Falls forecast for Saturday:

Intermittent snow or snow showers becoming steadier late in the day. Cold. High 24F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%.

Folks in Texas may need Gatorade.

Richmond-How do you get a wintery mix at 49F?

SpiderMo
December 3rd, 2005, 01:02 AM
The game is at night. Most places have their high temperature during the day.

Tribe4SF
December 3rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Projected gametime temp in Richmond is 42, dropping to 32 at 9 pm. Only a 20% chance of precip during the game.

Grizo406
December 3rd, 2005, 01:17 AM
...only in Texas is it 84 degrees in DECEMBER... :hyped:

Neither my stove, or my micro-wave reaches 84 degrees in December.

That weather is way too hot to be looking for a Christmas tree, let alone win a playoff game. ;)

AppState
December 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM
Most places have their high temperature during the day.
Most places...

http://booneweather.com/boone/forecast.php

"Under overcast skies, a light wintry mix of sleet and rain will break out toward midday or early afternoon. Some light freezing rain is also possible. High temperatures will occur just before the precipitation starts, and the low for tonight will probably occur late this afternoon or evening, followed by rising nighttime temperatures."

Cloudy; Chance of light wintry mix from midday into the afternoon, changing to a chilly light rain as temps rise overnight; Light SW wind today increasing to 15-30 mph tonight with gusts over 40 mph up top