PDA

View Full Version : Standing Room Only???

TXST_CAT
December 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
For those in the know what are the NCAA rules regarding standing room only during playoffs? We are hearing that the NCAA is not going to allow our AD to set up additional seating in the stadium and will not permit SRO tickets to be sold. Suposedly the burms we have are not considered available seating according to NCAA standards. Comments?? :confused:

Cocky
December 2nd, 2005, 08:58 AM
Is it a sell-out?

FlyBoy8
December 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
I don't know the rules, but if I were TSU and this was true, I'd sell as many SRO tickets as I felt were safe.

blackfordpu
December 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
For those in the know what are the NCAA rules regarding standing room only during playoffs? We are hearing that the NCAA is not going to allow our AD to set up additional seating in the stadium and will not permit SRO tickets to be sold. Suposedly the burms we have are not considered available seating according to NCAA standards. Comments?? :confused:

I don't see how TSU-SM could sell SRO ticktes. The only place to stand and see the game, as well as not blocking exits (fire hazard), is on that balcony of the building at the end of the field.

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM

just another difference between the regular season and the playoffs :bang:

mainejeff
December 2nd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Since when has the NCAA turned down more money?.....Oh, wait.....the NCAA money has already been guaranteed by the host schools. Nevermind :rolleyes: .

No wonder there are so many programs in the red. The NCAA sucks.

FU97
December 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Since when has the NCAA turned down more money?.....Oh, wait.....the NCAA money has already been guaranteed by the host schools. Nevermind :rolleyes: .

No wonder there are so many programs in the red. The NCAA sucks.

Any money taken in over the guarantee is split between the host and the NCAA.

JohnStOnge
December 2nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
I'll be thrilled if Texas State has to worry about that. It'd be great for I-AA to have the ESPN2 game this week played in a full stadium with lost of crowd intensity.

ButlerGSU
December 2nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
That is not true unless the NCAA has changed the rule in the past few years. Paulson only has 18,000 seats but we've had 22,000+ at playoff games before. A lot of our fans like to sit on the grass hills, even season ticket holders.

Bobcat94
December 2nd, 2005, 12:48 PM
I'll be thrilled if Texas State has to worry about that. It'd be great for I-AA to have the ESPN2 game this week played in a full stadium with lost of crowd intensity.

The SRO questions is becoming bigger and bigger. I can't wait for Saturday, and I can't wait to get back home to watch it again on DVR. TEXAS!!!! STATE!!!!! never sounded better.....

TXST_CAT
December 2nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
That is not true unless the NCAA has changed the rule in the past few years. Paulson only has 18,000 seats but we've had 22,000+ at playoff games before. A lot of our fans like to sit on the grass hills, even season ticket holders.

This seams to be the prob. Our stadium is built up our grass areas are flat and not part of "seating areas" latest word is the SRO is going to be between the stands and the END ZONE complex. It is to bad they don't allow for extra bleachers because 5000 more fans could have been admitted and that would have been an aditional $50,000 at $10 a ticket. So far it seams Bobcat Stadium will be a packed house and loud as hell. We still expect more than 15,000+ fans in the stands. If any SLC fans want to make the trip buy your ticket now!! They are almost sold out less than a 1000 RES. left. GA and SRO sold out. :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
This seams to be the prob. Our stadium is built up our grass areas are flat and not part of "seating areas" latest word is the SRO is going to be between the stands and the END ZONE complex. It is to bad they don't allow for extra bleachers because 5000 more fans could have been admitted and that would have been an aditional $50,000 at $10 a ticket. So far it seams Bobcat Stadium will be a packed house and loud as hell. We still expect more than 15,000+ fans in the stands. If any SLC fans want to make the trip buy your ticket now!! They are almost sold out less than a 1000 RES. left. GA and SRO sold out. :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

pictures?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 2nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
FWIW, UNH sold SRO tickets last week and is doing so again this week. Technically, they are selling general admission seats, but they printed and sold many more than the actual number of seats! I've never heard one word about NCAA intervention on this subject. I read about capping sales at 10K, but at least in the press it wasn't because of an NCAA edict.

JSU Fan
December 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
As long as no safety issues are raised with setting up portable bleachers in the flat grassy areas, I'd tell the NCAA to go fly a kite over this deal if I were the AD at Texas State.

If extra tickets can be sold, and the NCAA gets their guaranteed cut, the boys from Indy should be freaking OVERJOYED that so much interest exists in the game.

The NCAA should make sure things are run properly and that their representatives in San Marcos have full access to the buffet table in the pressbox and let the schools put the games on like they have all year.

My take on the NCAA is this............ xazzx

Out.

Granite
December 2nd, 2005, 09:50 PM
FWIW, UNH sold SRO tickets last week and is doing so again this week. Technically, they are selling general admission seats, but they printed and sold many more than the actual number of seats! I've never heard one word about NCAA intervention on this subject. I read about capping sales at 10K, but at least in the press it wasn't because of an NCAA edict.
Interesting - I caught this about ticket sales/caps and SRO in today's Foster's Daily Democrat:

This week, the fact that more students will be on campus over the weekend preparing for final exams, and the added importance of the game, mean a larger crowd is expected for Saturday's game. However, Metcalf said that no cap has been placed on the number of tickets the school is planning to sell on game day.

-SNIP-

Sheehan said that standing room only tickets will be sold for Saturday's game, which is not normally done during the regular season. The track around the football field, however, will be off-limits to spectators.
UNH is selling SRO, and they are going to keep selling as long as folks are still buying.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051202/NEWS1102/112020013/-1/NEWS11

TXST_CAT
December 3rd, 2005, 02:43 AM
pictures?

Look for pics to follow the game @ bobcatfans.com

Grizo406
December 3rd, 2005, 04:31 AM
There are more than 23,000 seats open in Washington/Grizzly Stadium if anyone is looking for a place to sit, or is interested. If you are, bring a coat, and some gloves...it's cold!

dirtbag
December 3rd, 2005, 07:51 AM
There are more than 23,000 seats open in Washington/Grizzly Stadium if anyone is looking for a place to sit, or is interested. If you are, bring a coat, and some gloves...it's cold!

That sounds badass!!! DO you have a picture of it? Because I've never seen pictures of Washington/Grizzly Stadium...

:rolleyes:

McTailGator
December 3rd, 2005, 10:26 AM

McNeese has sold SRO tickets in the past. Delaware and Marshall in 1995 come to mind.

We never had to bring in bleachers because we can seat about 6,000 people on our grass burms in the endzones.

But I don't think the NCAA would have a problem with it.

TXST_CAT
December 3rd, 2005, 01:17 PM
Tickets are sold out! There are no more tickets being sold. Except for those who may have extras or scalpers. Looks to be a loud crowd at TXST! I BF.com has a post stating the Strutters(dance team) will be placed on temp bleachers and SRO will be between the EndZone complex and stands. Should look good on TV and there should be a new Att. Record at TXST! :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

TexasTerror
December 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Tickets are sold out! There are no more tickets being sold. Except for those who may have extras or scalpers. Looks to be a loud crowd at TXST! I BF.com has a post stating the Strutters(dance team) will be placed on temp bleachers and SRO will be between the EndZone complex and stands. Should look good on TV and there should be a new Att. Record at TXST! :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

You guys are making I-AA football look great and of course, this is TEXAS, the greatest football state in the UNION! :)

Now if you take care of your business, your AD is going to be scrambling! Your going to have loads of problems if UNI finishes it out here in the last few seconds...

TexasTerror
December 3rd, 2005, 01:29 PM

You guys are making I-AA football look great and of course, this is TEXAS, the greatest football state in the UNION! :)

Now if you take care of your business, your AD is going to be scrambling! Your going to have loads of problems if UNI finishes it out here in the last few seconds...

blackfordpu
December 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM

Why is that TT? Will UNI get the home game?

Grizo406
December 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Because I've never seen pictures of Washington/Grizzly Stadium...

:rolleyes:

If you haven't seen any pictures of the Mecca, and Cathedral of I-AA football, you've been living under a rock that has apparently served your needs very well, and I'd suggest staying there. ;)

Hansel
December 3rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
Why is that TT? Will UNI get the home game?
Tx St is seeded so absolutely not (if the cats win)