PDA

View Full Version : Game Times?

Cobblestone
May 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm not asking anyone to post a schedule but what are the general time frames for your games this season. Anybody have any night games?

Our games are all in the noon-1:00 PM timeframe. The one exception is UMASS which is at 3:30. Anybody on TV this season?

TexasTerror
May 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
There at TV games coming out every few days at this point...

SHSU starts the year playing at 6 p.m. when it's super hot and then it reverts to a 2 p.m. schedule late in the year. Homecoming is always at 2 p.m.

Southland TV could alter the schedule...

andy7171
May 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
We play Coastal Carolina at night, that'll be a beer soaked crowd.

Usually Towson schedules game at 3:30 early on and then 1:00 as the weather gets colder. Also the Morgan State game is usually a night game, but it's over there so I'm not sure.

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Game times are really messed up this year in Newark. Noon, 3:30, 6, 7... just about everything. Used to be 7pm in September and either Noon or 1 the rest of the year. xeyebrowx

bostonspider
May 19th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Richmond opens the season Sept. 5 at Duke at 7 p.m. Richmond's conference-opener at Delaware Sept. 12 is set at 3:30 p.m on The Comcast Network (TCN). and Nov. 21 game at home vs. William & Mary at 12 p.m is also on TCN (Final Spider home game at UR Stadium), while three games will air on Comcast SportsNet: Oct. 10 at James Madison (12 p.m.), Oct. 17 at Maine (12 p.m.) and Nov. 7 vs. Villanova (3:30 p.m.).

The kickoff for Richmond's three remaining home contests is 3 p.m. -- Hofstra (Sept. 19), VMI (Sept. 26) and Massachusetts (Oct. 24) - with road games at Towson (Oct. 31) and Georgetown (Nov. 14) kicking off at 1 p.m.

GAD
May 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Southern always plays at night kickoff is usually 7pm the last home game of the season is around 3pm and is poorly attended

Skjellyfetti
May 19th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Appalachian's game times haven't been released to my knowledge... but, I would really like to have a couple of night home games again.

Maybe Georgia Southern and/or Western Carolina?

TheValleyRaider
May 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Quite a mix for Colgate this year

4 night games! xeekx
The first 3 night games in the history of Andy Kerr Stadium: Monmouth, Stony Brook, Fordham
All kickoffs at 6:00 pm Eastern

The other night game is Thursday night at Princeton, 7:00 pm

The rest of the home schedule: Cornell, Lehigh, Bucknell
All 1:00 pm

The game at Lafayette is 1:00 pm

Times for games at Dartmouth and Holy Cross are not announced yet, but they should both be at 1:00 pm, I would think

T-Dog
May 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Appalachian's game times haven't been released to my knowledge... but, I would really like to have a couple of night home games again.

Maybe Georgia Southern and/or Western Carolina?

With a 3:30 kickoff after DST, half the game is a night game anyway. xsmiley_wix

I bet Homecoming (10/6 vs NCCU) will be a 2:30 kickoff as it has been the last three years. At least three home games will be 3:30 kickoffs. I hope we have another night game.

The El Cit game is a 1:00 pm kickoff and I hope that's the earliest game we have.

biggie
May 19th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Am getting tired of earlier homecoming games. Don't they know more tailgating for homecoming is needed?

Do hope for one night game though. Don't know what ratings were like for the Halloween game last year to maybe interest ESPN to come back for a night game/coverage. I think TV coverage is the only way get get another night game this year, except for playoffs hopefully.

Uncle Buck
May 19th, 2009, 02:11 PM
HU typically starts with a night game or two, then moves earlier as the season moves on.

My preference, 3:30 kickoff.

FargoBison
May 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Every game is at 6 p.m. but Homecoming which starts at 1 p.m.

I'm definitely glad NDSU does it this way, night games allow for a lot more tailgating.

UAalum72
May 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
No night games at Albany this year. September games are at 4:00, the rest at 1:00.

McNeese72
May 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Football is meant to be played at night in McNeese's Cowboy Stadium. If it is not a 7PM game, it doesn't feel natural and the fans don't like it. Plus, day games cut too much into the tailgating time.

Doc

Husky Alum
May 19th, 2009, 07:40 PM
NU game usually start at 1 early in the season, noon later.

However, our schedule is oftentimes altered by the Red Sox playoff schedule (Parsons is close to Fenway). This means that the Towson and W&M games could be moved at the last minute.

Homecoming typically starts later (2 or so) in order for fans to stick around for the hockey game after the football game.

We haven't announced our homecoming game yet, but I'm guessing it's W&M or Towson.

JoshUCA
May 19th, 2009, 07:40 PM
All UCA's home games start at 6 pm with the exceptio of the last one which starts at 1 pm. We are on TV two times at home so far...that is all that has been released so far.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
UNH games start at Noon.

According to the schedule on the UNH web site, the TV games are @Towson, @UMass, URI and Maine -- all on Comcast Sportsnet. Usually the Dartmouth game is televised by the Manchester, NH ABC affiliate.

GeauxMcNeese
May 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Football is meant to be played at night in McNeese's Cowboy Stadium. If it is not a 7PM game, it doesn't feel natural and the fans don't like it. Plus, day games cut too much into the tailgating time.

Doc

not to mention its 157 degrees with 98% humidity until about November.xeekx

gt_bison
May 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Every game is at 6 p.m. but Homecoming which starts at 1 p.m.

I'm definitely glad NDSU does it this way, night games allow for a lot more tailgating.

I'm not terribly confident that they're all going to stay as scheduled. I flew up for the WIU game (sad day) last year, and that game time moved a couple times between when I planned the trip and when the game happened. I do like the idea of them being later, because Georgia Tech usually plays at noon or 3:30, so I can usually make it home for most of a Bison game over the Internet that way.

McNeese72
May 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM
not to mention its 157 degrees with 98% humidity until about November.xeekx

Yep, and that is a good excuse to make a trip or two to the Frosty Factory across the street from the Westside Tailgating Area. ;)

Doc

jstclmet
May 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
UNH games start at Noon.

According to the schedule on the UNH web site, the TV games are @Towson, @UMass, URI and Maine -- all on Comcast Sportsnet. Usually the Dartmouth game is televised by the Manchester, NH ABC affiliate.

The UNH/Nova game will not be televised??? xeekx

Both teams should be ranked by the time they play.