PDA

View Full Version : W&M sets home game times.

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2009, 11:40 AM
9/12 CCSU 7pm
9/26 Delaware 7pm
10/24 James Madison 12pm
11/7 Towson 1:30pm
11/14 UNH 1:30pm

andy7171
May 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hey SF, I thought you said it was a night game with us?

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
They had considered playing both Towson and UNH at night, but decided against both. Not sure the reasoning, and the 1:30 starts are new for us. We'd always started day games at 1:00, unless they were TV.

WrenFGun
May 19th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I'm strongly considering attending that W&M/UNH game. I don't think there's any doubt that there will be playoff implications on the line there.

Wildcat80
May 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Perfect! Did not want a night game. Nice cool fall day to watch two top teams go at it for a playoff spot. Time for us Cats to get it done down south.

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I'm strongly considering attending that W&M/UNH game. I don't think there's any doubt that there will be playoff implications on the line there.

I share your thoughts on the significance of that game. If you decide to come, pm me so I can give some guidance, and we can hook up pre game. Hopefully UNHAlum_in_CT can make it too.

89Hen
May 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I'm bummed that we don't open at W&M like we did last time down there. Was a very nice long weekend. Probably won't be able to make it this year. :(

Tribe4SF
May 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm bummed that we don't open at W&M like we did last time down there. Was a very nice long weekend. Probably won't be able to make it this year. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. I was going to introduce you to my troublemaking friend, and watch the two of you incite everyone around you.:D

JMU Newbill
May 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Early kickoff against JMU eh? That's ok, only a 45 minute commute for me from Richmond. I can still be there by 7AM to tailgate!

GOODY26
May 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
TRIBE4SF, NICE HOME SCHEDULE, LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN NORFOLK

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 21st, 2009, 08:20 AM
I share your thoughts on the significance of that game. If you decide to come, pm me so I can give some guidance, and we can hook up pre game. Hopefully UNHAlum_in_CT can make it too.

I'll be trying my absolute best!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx

Ivytalk
May 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
I'm glad the UD game is at night: cool breeze, under the lights at Zable.xnodx We can drive down early that day and still have plenty of time to tailgate and fraternize before the game.

chrisattsu
May 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
Can someone explain to me the purpose of playing a Noon game (aside from maybe TV)?

89Hen
May 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Can someone explain to me the purpose of playing a Noon game (aside from maybe TV)?
Keep drinking down a little. xnodx

GannonFan
May 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM

It does also get quite cold later in the Fall in the North. Probably why you don't see Maine with starting times of 8PM in November. When the high for the day is 30 deg F, that's plenty cold enough. xpeacex

Tribe4SF
May 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
I'm glad the UD game is at night: cool breeze, under the lights at Zable.xnodx We can drive down early that day and still have plenty of time to tailgate and fraternize before the game.

Are you coming for the game?

tribe_pride
May 21st, 2009, 01:08 PM

I am assuming this is a TV game. I think that is when most of the W&M tv games have been in the past.

Tribe4SF
May 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM
JMU is a TV game. MASN

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 21st, 2009, 08:42 PM

Keep drinking down a little. xnodx

Yep, UNH didn't have a Noon start until there were alcohol issues back in the 90's. After a short lived tailgating alcohol ban ended, games were started at Noon. The idea being there would be less time to drink before kick-off. It worked in a way since students don't get out of bed much before kick-off. xrolleyesx For us old farts, it's simply tailgating time and beer is consumed regardless of the kick-off time. :p xrotatehx xlolx

Today with the spread offenses and much more passing, the games after October have to start at Noon to ensure enough daylight especially with the potential for OT. In 2005, the playoff game vs. UNI was started at 11:00 to ensure TV would have enough light to broadcast. I think it was the same season when UNH and Maine had a high scoring affair in the season finale that lasted over four hours. It was getting pretty dark at Cowell Stadium that afternoon!

WrenFGun
May 21st, 2009, 09:10 PM
Yep, UNH didn't have a Noon start until there were alcohol issues back in the 90's. After a short lived tailgating alcohol ban ended, games were started at Noon. The idea being there would be less time to drink before kick-off. It worked in a way since students don't get out of bed much before kick-off. xrolleyesx For us old farts, it's simply tailgating time and beer is consumed regardless of the kick-off time. :p xrotatehx xlolx

Today with the spread offenses and much more passing, the games after October have to start at Noon to ensure enough daylight especially with the potential for OT. In 2005, the playoff game vs. UNI was started at 11:00 to ensure TV would have enough light to broadcast. I think it was the same season when UNH and Maine had a high scoring affair in the season finale that lasted over four hours. It was getting pretty dark at Cowell Stadium that afternoon!

I was frozen to the seat during that UNI game.

Ivytalk
May 21st, 2009, 09:30 PM
Are you coming for the game?

I certainly intend to! I'll PM you when things firm up.xthumbsupx

93henfan
May 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
I certainly intend to! I'll PM you when things firm up.xthumbsupx

That's what she said.

Monarch History
May 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Tribe4SF, I'm planning on coming to the November 14th game with UNH and possibly the October 24th game with JMU if I don't go to see our game at Savannah State. Let me know if you are planning to attend any Monarch games this year. I owe you a Tailgate. xbowx

Tribe4SF
May 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Tribe4SF, I'm planning on coming to the November 14th game with UNH and possibly the October 24th game with JMU if I don't go to see our game at Savannah State. Let me know if you are planning to attend any Monarch games this year. I owe you a Tailgate. xbowx

I'm planning to come for either the Campbell or Georgetown games. If you make it for the JMU game, that's our fishfry, which is off the hook! Croaker and catfish fillets, rockfish chunks, oysters and scallops, along with a killer crab-and-corn chowder.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 22nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
I'm planning to come for either the Campbell or Georgetown games. If you make it for the JMU game, that's our fishfry, which is off the hook! Croaker and catfish fillets, rockfish chunks, oysters and scallops, along with a killer crab-and-corn chowder.

Damn! I may have to skip our Homecoming game against Umass for that! xthumbsupx (If I get the invite, of course)

Tribe4SF
May 22nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Damn! I may have to skip our Homecoming game against Umass for that! xthumbsupx (If I get the invite, of course)

Always welcome!

Monarch History
May 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM

If you can get a ticket or I can get an extra for either of those games, let me know and you are welcome to join us.xnodx

purplepeopleeaterv2
May 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Early kickoff against JMU eh? That's ok, only a 45 minute commute for me from Richmond. I can still be there by 7AM to tailgate!

Hopefully it won't be as cold as last time xoopsx