PDA

View Full Version : National Champion Prediction

Hacker
December 1st, 2005, 03:04 PM
Now I know most people on here will vote for fheir team if they are still in the playoff, but if you had to pick a team other than your own who would it be?

Blue Hen Nation
December 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM
I'd have to go with New Hampshire

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Texas State :rolleyes:

Hacker
December 1st, 2005, 03:09 PM
Texas State :rolleyes:

I can't say that I'm mad with that prediction! :hurray: :hurray:

AppGuy04
December 1st, 2005, 03:14 PM
UNH

AppFootballAlum
December 1st, 2005, 03:17 PM
UNH or Texas St

colgate13
December 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM
U...

N...

H...

SunCoastBlueHen
December 1st, 2005, 03:24 PM
Judging by first round performance, I would have to make the two A-10 teams the favorites. Many on this board will say that these victories were not overly impressive because they played obviously inferior competition. I don't think this is true. Many would agree that this year's Hampton team was better than last year's squad that gave W&M all that they could handle and that the Patriot League's relative strength was well represented by a nice performance by Lafayette. These weren't cheap victories. UNH and Richmond are just playing really good football right now.

bandl
December 1st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Rowan!!!!

AppGuy04
December 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM
Rowan!!!!

GVSU

bandl
December 1st, 2005, 03:31 PM
GVSU

Grand Valley State, right? Aren't they DII? I don't know much about DIII or DII...just being a smartass!!!

DIII playoff schedule
Date Home Away
Dec. 3 Wesley Bridgewater (Va.) 12:00 pm
Dec. 3 Mount Union Capital 12:00 pm
Dec. 3 Delaware Valley Rowan 12:00 pm
Dec. 3 Linfield UW-Whitewater 3:00 pm

AppGuy04
December 1st, 2005, 03:33 PM
Grand Valley State, right? Aren't they DII? I don't know much about DIII or DII...just being a smartass!!!

DIII playoff schedule
Date Home Away

yes D2, they have won 3 of the last 4 NC's, or maybe its 2 of the last 3, i don't remember, but they are in the final 4 this year on their way to another one

Mount Union will roll!

bandl
December 1st, 2005, 03:35 PM
yes D2, they have won 3 of the last 4 NC's, or maybe its 2 of the last 3, i don't remember, but they are in the final 4 this year on their way to another one

Mount Union will roll!

They were on Saturday early afternoon, if I remember correctly. Played Valdosta State I THink?

Where ARE all these schools??? Seriously...I don't know.
BVSU
Valdosta
Rowan
Union

AppGuy04
December 1st, 2005, 03:39 PM
They were on Saturday early afternoon, if I remember correctly. Played Valdosta State I THink?

Where ARE all these schools??? Seriously...I don't know.
BVSU
Valdosta
Rowan
Union

GVSU- Allendale, Mi- near Grand Rapids
Valdosta- Valdosta, GA
Rowan- Glassboro, NJ
Mount Union- Alliance, Ohio

89Hen
December 1st, 2005, 03:43 PM
I've got it narrowed down to 8 teams. I'm kinda busy at work, but the end of the weekend I should be able to cut that number in half.

rcny46
December 1st, 2005, 03:48 PM
Appalachian St.-they were my choice from the beginning and I'm still going with them.

TigerFan17
December 1st, 2005, 04:07 PM
Either UNH or San Diego.

igo4uni
December 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM
How about SIU??

They are a good team and have as good a chance as anyone, imo.

peace

igo4uni

blukeys
December 1st, 2005, 04:25 PM
I'll take Richmond in the final over Texas State. :D :D

SpiderMo
December 1st, 2005, 04:41 PM
UNH it is.

crunifan
December 1st, 2005, 04:55 PM
If I can't pick UNI I would have to say SIU.

But my head is thinking Appalachain State.

swaghook
December 1st, 2005, 05:35 PM
Cal Poly

FargoBison
December 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
App State is the team I think will win it all but the team I am pulling for is Cal Poly.

ASU Kep
December 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
I'm actually pleased to see that a lot of people are jumping off the App St. bandwagon. Two weeks ago damn near everybody was picking us and thats just not good.

If you take App outta the equation, I'd say the NC would come down to Texas State v. Richmond with Texas State squeeking out the win. I was impressed with them last Sat., to say the least.

ASU Kep
December 1st, 2005, 06:33 PM
App State is the team I think will win it all but the team I am pulling for is Cal Poly.

Damn!

grizband
December 1st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Cal Poly or UNH. I think people are underestimatin Cal Poly. That run game is awesome, and their defernse is stellar.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 1st, 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm picking Appalachian, and I've NEVER done that before, so I can't be blamed for the jinx....

Give 'em HELL APPS!!!
GO SOCON!!

Spider
December 1st, 2005, 06:53 PM
Spidahs..........

blukeys
December 1st, 2005, 06:58 PM
Spidahs..........

Ok I'm tired of the Rap influenced crap. ;) ;) I'm switching from Richmond to either UNH or Texas State!!!

UNHis#1
December 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM
Wildcats of UNH.........even though the D can sometimes be suspect the Offense has it in the bag, plus everyone has to come here and play us in the cold LMAO

FU97
December 1st, 2005, 07:15 PM
Wildcats of UNH.........even though the D can sometimes be suspect the Offense has it in the bag, plus everyone has to come here and play us in the cold LMAO

Not everyone.......

Grizo406
December 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM
By the way they are playing, one would have to think UNH, but I'm more partial to Cal Poly, Texas State, or UNI.

Tod
December 1st, 2005, 08:01 PM
By the way they are playing, one would have to think UNH, but I'm more partial to Cal Poly, Texas State, or UNI.

Ditto.

igo4uni
December 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM

Ahhhh...............I remember my first AGS post. :)

peace

igo4uni

blackfordpu
December 1st, 2005, 08:09 PM
UNH!!!!!!!!! :hurray:

APPST '93
December 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
UNH!

Mustang Man
December 1st, 2005, 08:22 PM
Mustangs!

igo4uni
December 1st, 2005, 08:23 PM
Mustangs!

Can't vote for your own team.

peace

igo4uni

ngineer
December 1st, 2005, 09:15 PM
App.State was my choice at the beginning and I still think they can do it, but I was mighty impressed with UNH on Saturday. I think a final with those two should generate enough electricity to light Chattanooga...

ronpayne
December 1st, 2005, 09:23 PM
I pick UNH (beating us by a field goal in the national championship - since I can't pick my own team :mad: )

AZGrizFan
December 1st, 2005, 09:24 PM

Mount Union will roll!

Using that logic, my money's on Caroll College again! :nod: :nod:

AZGrizFan
December 1st, 2005, 09:25 PM
I've got it narrowed down to 8 teams. I'm kinda busy at work, but the end of the weekend I should be able to cut that number in half.

GUMP!!! You're a god damned genius, Gump!! :bow: :bow: xlolx xlolx

ASU Kep
December 1st, 2005, 09:30 PM

Somebody wasn't paying very close attention to the RULES. :nono: :D

FUOneTime
December 1st, 2005, 10:21 PM
So it's who do you THINK will win, not who you want, huh? I guess I'd say Texas State then. But when we don't make it, I'm cheerin for the Appies.

Go SoCon!

Blue42
December 1st, 2005, 10:26 PM
Southern Illinois will sneak into Chatty and steal this thing in the dark of night while the rest of the country scratches their head and asks...

"What in the Saluki just happened?" :eek:

RB Whitlock and QB Sambursky are right there with anyone in the country. :nod:

Mountaineer
December 1st, 2005, 10:32 PM
If ASU or UNI can't win it I guess I'd like to see Furman bring one home for the ol SoCon :cool: or Richmond (it's a Southern thing). :beerchug:

blur2005
December 1st, 2005, 10:33 PM

DIII playoff schedule
Date Home Away

Go Bridgewater Eagles! I live five minutes from Bridgewater.

UNH or Appy

blur2005
December 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
I don't think anyone caught this, so I'm going to belatedly laugh at it. Good one.

ButlerGSU
December 1st, 2005, 10:52 PM
ASU has the best overall team. With Richie being a senior 2005 is their best shot.

texcap
December 1st, 2005, 11:06 PM
I pick UNH (beating us by a field goal in the national championship - since I can't pick my own team :mad: )

It's a good thing you didn't pick ASU by a field goal with the Mountaineers kicking game! :)

Grizo406
December 2nd, 2005, 01:33 AM
GUMP!!! You're a god damned genius, Gump!! :bow: :bow: xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx

wildcat_fan
December 2nd, 2005, 06:33 AM
Appy

OL FU
December 2nd, 2005, 07:14 AM
Yankee Conference Champs for so many years.

UNH

89Hen
December 2nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
GUMP!!! You're a god damned genius, Gump!!
Officially, I guess I should stick with AppSt since that's who I picked in both of the pools to win it all.

Certainly, I'll be rooting for Richmond and UNH but I wouldn't mind seeing UNI since they've been around for so long and I can completely empathize. I'd say the same about AppSt, but I just hear too many of their fans talking about I-A and I-A games being more important to them and that they'd rather play at a I-A than host a weaker team. It's just so contradictory to my preference and the Hens' preference. Texas State... too new to the playoffs as is CalPoly. FU... they already have their championship. SIU... I just can't root for them for some reason, I think it's because of losing as the #1 in the first round last year... they made a lot of us look foolish who voted them #1.

AppGuy04
December 2nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Officially, I guess I should stick with AppSt since that's who I picked in both of the pools to win it all.

Certainly, I'll be rooting for Richmond and UNH but I wouldn't mind seeing UNI since they've been around for so long and I can completely empathize. I'd say the same about AppSt, but I just hear too many of their fans talking about I-A and I-A games being more important to them and that they'd rather play at a I-A than host a weaker team. It's just so contradictory to my preference and the Hens' preference. Texas State... too new to the playoffs as is CalPoly. FU... they already have their championship. SIU... I just can't root for them for some reason, I think it's because of losing as the #1 in the first round last year... they made a lot of us look foolish who voted them #1.
This year I think we went a little overboard with the schedule, but that was my neccessity, not because we wanted to

but in hindsight.................with the expansion they are planning, it was not a bad idea, and it didn't come back to bite us, so phew :twocents:

Tribe4SF
December 2nd, 2005, 08:30 AM
I think Cal Poly is the real sleeper. If they have to go to UNH, though, I think the combination of three long road trips and cold weather will catch up with them.

UNH.

DB_Atlantic10
December 2nd, 2005, 09:39 AM
I've thought App St. for a while now.... but an A-10 3 peat would be nice....

YSUinsider
December 2nd, 2005, 10:31 AM
I predicted Appalachian State over Texas State

Granite
December 2nd, 2005, 10:32 AM
I've thought App St. for a while now.... but an A-10 3 peat would be nice....

My thoughts exactly - my head picks App State to win the NC, but I'd be rooting for Richmond (its an A-10 thing).

All of this is prefaced by the fact that we aren't allowed to pick our own teams, of course! :)

LacesOut
December 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
I think I picked App State. I can't remember though.

But an A-10 South team winning for the third year in a row would be awfully awfully sweet.

yosef2002
December 2nd, 2005, 12:03 PM
It's a good thing you didn't pick ASU by a field goal with the Mountaineers kicking game! :)

Ever since the Furman game this year I have been preparing myself and anyone that will listen, that I thought our kicking game would cost us the National Championship this year. I have a feeling he is going to miss an extra point or a short FG in either the Semi's or the National Championship that will prove to be the difference in the game.