PDA

View Full Version : Rumor - Chambers might transfer from Washignton to I-AA

bunny
December 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
I think that this is a brand new rumor....

I just heard on local sports radio that Craig Chambers is planning on leaving the University of Washington to go play for a I-AA team - possibly Montana.

bunny
December 1st, 2005, 02:53 PM
Here's his bio...
http://gohuskies.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chambers_craig00.html

He'll be a junior next season - he's already used his redshirt.

The sports radio guy mentioned a connection to Hauck as the reason for suspecting that he'll go to Montana.

putter
December 1st, 2005, 02:58 PM
If the kid has speed, we could use him ASAP! Our receivers are big but not much speed was put on the field this year.

VictorG
December 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM
I read messages on the UW message boards and posters where saying he was their best receiver and he was their deep threat. If he was UW deep threat I'm betting there is some speed there! :)

If I read right he's 6' 3", 205 and also runs track or has run track at some point.

blur2005
December 1st, 2005, 10:37 PM
Why is he leaving? He's their top receiver. I can understand someone being stuck deep in the depth chart, but top dog on a I-A Pac-10 team? I know we all love I-AA, but would you transfer?

Ronbo
December 1st, 2005, 11:41 PM
I heard he and Ty Willingham hate each other.

PantherMan
December 2nd, 2005, 12:03 AM
I heard he and Ty Willingham hate each other.

If that is the case, it might be a good idea for him to transfer to Montana before he starts seeing more time on the bench then... :)

bunny
December 2nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
See the article in today's Seattle PI (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/huskies/250597_husk02.html). There's not much discussion of where Chambers might transfer, but there is more about his time at UW...

After redshirting in 2003, Chambers had to work his way out of then-coach Keith Gilbertson's doghouse. After being on the sideline the first six games, Chambers finally played and became the team's leading receiver with 19 catches for 408 yards and two touchdowns in five games.

Early this season, Chambers' mother Susan called KJR-AM to discuss -- on air -- her son's disappointment in his playing time. Coach Tyrone Willingham said the reason was others were practicing better than Chambers.

Wide receivers coach Eric Yarber said during the season that Chambers considers himself a "gamer," and indicated his practice habits weren't as sharp as the staff wanted.

eagle1
December 2nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Seems like this guy might have an attitude problem. I am not sure that I would be so quick to offer this guy even though he is very talented. Just my opinon. Go Eagles!!!