PDA

View Full Version : COMCAST Cable subscribers and ESPN GamePlan

Black and Gold Express
December 1st, 2005, 09:57 AM
A word of forewarning. If you want to order the games from Comcast Digital Cable, you will have to pay the full season's rate!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just got off the phone with multiple COmcast reps on this matter. Even though ESPN offers a weekly subscription for $20, Comcast does NOT! THe only payment plan they have in thier system is the full season $119 plan.

I had to give the service reps the official ESPN GamePlan website address to them, where it clearly states that it's offered on a weekly basis. THey said they'd pass it to their managers, but chances are it would not be implemented this year.

So... I will be buying the week's games on GamePlan online.

Just be warned. I used to be on Cox Cable, and they offered it week to week. This is strictly a Comcast thing.

DB_Atlantic10
December 1st, 2005, 11:48 AM
A word of forewarning. If you want to order the games from Comcast Digital Cable, you will have to pay the full season's rate!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just got off the phone with multiple COmcast reps on this matter. Even though ESPN offers a weekly subscription for $20, Comcast does NOT! THe only payment plan they have in thier system is the full season $119 plan.

I had to give the service reps the official ESPN GamePlan website address to them, where it clearly states that it's offered on a weekly basis. THey said they'd pass it to their managers, but chances are it would not be implemented this year.

So... I will be buying the week's games on GamePlan online.

Just be warned. I used to be on Cox Cable, and they offered it week to week. This is strictly a Comcast thing.

Connect your comp to the TV with your S-Video connection...... works just as good.... :hurray:

Appdad
December 1st, 2005, 12:03 PM
B&G,

Comcast picked up the rights and it will be broadcast on the CSS channel.
They also picked up the FUvs RU game.

So you can cancel your online order.

Black and Gold Express
December 1st, 2005, 12:43 PM
B&G,

Comcast picked up the rights and it will be broadcast on the CSS channel.
They also picked up the FUvs RU game.

So you can cancel your online order.

That would be good if I lived somewhere that broadcasts CSS... unfortunately I don't.

ButlerGSU
December 1st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Several of Georgia Southerns game were broadcast only through EagleVision (www.georgiasoutherneagles.com) which has instant reply and Nate calling the plays so its pretty good. I would hook my laptop to my TV and watch it like a normal game. Worked pretty well. I'll be watching the App State game in Athens on CSS. Go ASU!

Seven Would Be Nice
December 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
That would be good if I lived somewhere that broadcasts CSS... unfortunately I don't.

Most of our away games seemed to be carried on the CSS network and we have that same problem in statesboro.. always found it funny that we can't even watch our own away games :doh:

griz37
December 1st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Is the Cal Poly-Texas St. game the only one on the Espn family of networks this weekend?

Cincy App
December 1st, 2005, 07:50 PM
Is the Cal Poly-Texas St. game the only one on the Espn family of networks this weekend?

It depends. CP-TSU is the only game on the Deuce. The other 3 games are on ESPNU (along with Game Plan) although the UNH-UNI game is live on Game Plan but just tape delay on ESPNU. While ESPNU is part of the "family", it has limited viewership at this stage.

GGASU
December 1st, 2005, 08:03 PM

Save your money and go to a sports bar to watch. I've already called ahead to request the game. Both places I called said they would show the game.

igo4uni
December 1st, 2005, 08:13 PM
I have Directv and plan on getting the weekly gameplan option for $20. It will be an early kickoff for the UNI vs. UNH game here in Iowa: 10:00 am!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I better not drink too much on Friday night.

peace

igo4uni

APPST '93
December 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
Let's see...I won't have that problem because I'll be at the game.

:beerchug: :beerchug: :hurray: :hurray: :beerchug: :beerchug: