PDA

View Full Version : Fight Song Lyrics Discussion Thread

mizzoufan1
May 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
This is the thread to use when you want to discuss the Fight Songs I post.

If you know of a school's song that I post that is wrong or has minor changes, do that here as well please...I will make corrections when possible...

Enjoy the Banter!

mizzoufan1
May 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Today I have posted the Lyrics for the current Football playing membership of the Big Sky Conference.

Sometime during the week I will get to the Big South and maybe the CAA.

Oh, just to let you all know, I am doing this according to the 2009 Conference alignment.

mizzoufan1
May 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
The Big South Fight Songs are posted.

Hope to do the CAA later this week or next week at the latest

mizzoufan1
May 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Colonial Athletic Association Fight Songs are done...

Please post here with comment!

mizzoufan1
May 15th, 2009, 12:43 PM
The Great West Conference and Independents' Fight Songs are up! (at least the ones I know of...)

Up Next: Ivy League and MEAC

Ivytalk
May 15th, 2009, 01:55 PM
First, it's very un-PC to sing "Ten Thousand Men of Harvard" these days. It probably never was 10,000 men, anyway, unless you count the stands at a home Yale game. The whole College has about 6700 students, of which half are women. So, technically, it's "3350 men of Harvard," at best, if they even give a crap any more.:o

:p

ToTheLeft
May 15th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Ummm, where are these posted at?

ToTheLeft
May 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Liberty's fight song ahs changed some lyrics... it is now... and be true to the "Red White and Navy Blue"

We changed the official school color, and then changed the fight song :)

mizzoufan1
May 15th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ivy League Songs are now up:

Coming Soon: MEAC and MVFC

mizzoufan1
May 15th, 2009, 08:37 PM
First, it's very un-PC to sing "Ten Thousand Men of Harvard" these days. It probably never was 10,000 men, anyway, unless you count the stands at a home Yale game. The whole College has about 6700 students, of which half are women. So, technically, it's "3350 men of Harvard," at best, if they even give a crap any more.:o

:p

Is that cynicism coming from an Ivy Leaguer?!? I'm SHOCKED! :P

mizzoufan1
July 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
MEAC Fight Songs are up but very few of the MEAC's have lyrics attached (as far as I can discover).

Up Next: MVFC and Northeast Conferences

mizzoufan1
August 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM
A few notes here:

First, the St. Francis FIght Song may be wrong...I got it from an undisclosed source...but it is the best I can come up with.

Second, Wagner's songs look like a bunch of cheers...they are...they have no "formal" Fight Song that I can find.

Up Next: Ohio Valley and Patriot League Fight Songs...

mizzoufan1
August 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Now I am taking requests for former football Schools of FCS/D-1 AA.

Bring 'em on. I bet I have them....