PDA

View Full Version : 5-10-09 JSU STADIUM PICS

JSU02
May 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.jsufan.com/Paul%20Snow/5-10-09/index.html

http://www.jsufan.com/Paul%20Snow/5-10-09/images/_dsc6855.jpg

TexasTerror
May 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Who cares about the stadium? The issue is whether or not you guys are going to be eligible for the postseason this year...? Weren't you appealing your APR?

GaSouthern
May 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I care, that thing is going to be sweet!

Redbirdz
May 10th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I care too. This will be one of the best venues in FCS. Jax State could win its APR appeal also. It has demonstrated a great deal of progress.

BearsCountry
May 11th, 2009, 01:56 AM
SoCon made a big mistake, they took the wrong Alabama school.

andy7171
May 11th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Who cares about the stadium? The issue is whether or not you guys are going to be eligible for the postseason this year...? Weren't you appealing your APR?

xconfusedx really? xconfusedx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

TexasTerror
May 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
xconfusedx really? xconfusedx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

What's the point of having a great stadium, if the postseason is not an option? Isn't having a nice stadium about making way for potential postseason games and helping the efforts in recruiting the players to put you there...?

I keep seeing threads about JSU's stadium - but nothing about their APR or more particularly, their football team... xconfusedx

andy7171
May 11th, 2009, 08:41 AM
What's the point of having a great stadium, if the postseason is not an option? Isn't having a nice stadium about making way for potential postseason games and helping the efforts in recruiting the players to put you there...?

I keep seeing threads about JSU's stadium - but nothing about their APR or more particularly, their football team... xconfusedx

Oh wait, I thought I read JMU

:o

I didn't mean to laught at JSU.

I would think, bigger stadium means bigger payday. If they can fill the larger venue, why not?

SandMountainDemon
May 11th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Oh wait, I thought I read JMU

:o

I didn't mean to laught at JSU.

I would think, bigger stadium means bigger payday. If they can fill the larger venue, why not?

Problem being, they cannot fill the venue that they have now.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 11th, 2009, 10:11 AM

Oh, so is the NCAA banning them from the postseason perpetually? xrolleyesx

andy7171
May 11th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Problem being, they cannot fill the venue that they have now.

So why expand? Or is this rehabbing of an old facility, plus expansion.

SandMountainDemon
May 11th, 2009, 11:11 AM
A little bit of both. Stadium expansion for the eventual move up to FBS and rehabbing The Snow with the addition of a new pressbox (absolutely no air conditioning in the current one and limited seating/space), luxury boxes, and a 400 bed dorm.

The dorm has been a much needed addition to campus as the existing dorms are in desperate need of renovations, and in some cases demolition.

jsugamecocks1
May 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
THE University has been put under a GAG order by the NCAA until the appeal is decided so we as students have no idea what is going on

NOW personally I think why should the team get a new stadium when obviously they dont go to class and do their part to be student athletes. Notice the word student is first i will be the first to say i love football but not at the expense of education isnt that what college is about. These players who most likely arent going to make it in the NFL or playing football for a living they need the Education so they arent flipping burgers for the rest of their life. Also obviously Coach Crow doesnt care if his players go to class or not and that is a shame. That is my rant about that they should be banned in my mind then maybe they will go to class and feel like they have to earn the right to the playoffs. If they win the appeal nothing will change it just says to the players you dont have to go to class they university will step in and take care of it you are just here for football. That is to me the message that is being sent from them appealing that grades dont matter just ball.

jaxstatealum
May 11th, 2009, 01:28 PM

So true... xnodx

mrklean
May 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM

you are so right.xthumbsupx

Redbirdz
May 11th, 2009, 03:23 PM
It will not open until 2010 season against Chattanooga.

Cocky
May 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM
The SOCON may have thought JSU was looking at FBS. If JSU had joined the SOCON then pursued FBS this would have caused a lot of work for nothing.

AppMan
May 11th, 2009, 11:04 PM
The SOCON may have thought JSU was looking at FBS. If JSU had joined the SOCON then pursued FBS this would have caused a lot of work for nothing.

Nope, the private schools had to have another member. Of the 9 football playing conference members 5 have enrollments of less than 5500 students, 2 in the 10,000 range, and 2 with over 16,000 students. The last 3 football members to be added were Wofford, Elon, and Samford. It is obvious to see where the SoCon's future is and it isn't with the large public institutions.

Cocky
May 12th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Nope, the private schools had to have another member. Of the 9 football playing conference members 5 have enrollments of less than 5500 students, 2 in the 10,000 range, and 2 with over 16,000 students. The last 3 football members to be added were Wofford, Elon, and Samford. It is obvious to see where the SoCon's future is and it isn't with the large public institutions.

App St and Ga Southern maybe following JSU into the land of the FBS. There just aren't very many public FCS schools in the Southeast.

gophoenix
May 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM

xrolleyesx

Typical effing idiocy from you. So typical. It's always about size to people like you. Also, to note, Elon has an enrollment over 5500 now. So try again to squeeze the numbers to prove your point. And in actuality, the App website states enrollment below 16,000 (GSU above).

And it isn't a public vs private (only to people like you with some chip on your shoulder about Marshall and ECU). There wasn't 1 vote of against Elon, Wofford or Samford. And so far, all of the "private" schools you have a problem with. 1 funds football more than App and the other 2 put forth more funding than all the other public schools.

You know, with APR problems at Jacksonville State and the criminal activity of players at Coastal (with the NCAA sanctions last decade)... you can see why public those public schools weren't considered. And considering the last scholarship football teams in D-I to drop football were public schools, you can see football is more stable at the private schools with money.

The truth is, people like AppMan aren't going to be happy ever.

xbawlingx xbawlingx private schools xbawlingx xbawlingx SoCon xbawlingx xbawlingx private schools xbawlingxxbawlingx

The same whining by you for nearly 12 years now. Give it a rest. It's not true, it's never been true. Give it up.

Saint3333
May 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Pot meet kettle...

appsfan
May 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
xrolleyesx

Typical effing idiocy from you. So typical. It's always about size to people like you. Also, to note, Elon has an enrollment over 5500 now. So try again to squeeze the numbers to prove your point. And in actuality, the App website states enrollment below 16,000 (GSU above).
And it isn't a public vs private (only to people like you with some chip on your shoulder about Marshall and ECU). There wasn't 1 vote of against Elon, Wofford or Samford. And so far, all of the "private" schools you have a problem with. 1 funds football more than App and the other 2 put forth more funding than all the other public schools.

You know, with APR problems at Jacksonville State and the criminal activity of players at Coastal (with the NCAA sanctions last decade)... you can see why public those public schools weren't considered. And considering the last scholarship football teams in D-I to drop football were public schools, you can see football is more stable at the private schools with money.

xbawlingx xbawlingx private schools xbawlingx xbawlingx SoCon xbawlingx xbawlingx private schools xbawlingxxbawlingx

The same whining by you for nearly 12 years now. Give it a rest. It's not true, it's never been true. Give it up.

Actually the Appalachian website states a fall enrollment of 16,610:
Fast Facts
data source: Fact Book from the office of Institutional Research and Planning

Enrollment, Fall 2008
16,610 total 14,561 undergraduate
2,049 graduate
53% females
47% males
7% ethnic minorities
15,185 in state
1,425 out of state
States most represented: North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina
Freshman Admissions, Fall 2008
15,057 applications
2,781 enrolled
1163 SAT average
3.87 GPA average

Personally, I don't care much whether a school is private or public as long as they are a good fit for the conference...

appsfan
May 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
BTW, the JSU additions look good.

BearsCountry
May 13th, 2009, 12:55 AM

I would assume the move to FBS for you guys is the mess that the OVC is and wanting to play Troy. I think the SoCon would have put you in almost the perfect situation besides the Troy part.

Cocky
May 13th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I would assume the move to FBS for you guys is the mess that the OVC is and wanting to play Troy. I think the SoCon would have put you in almost the perfect situation besides the Troy part.

The people at Troy are pushing our adminstration harder than our fans. You have to remember that Troy has less students (main campus) by about half than JSU and quite a bit less population in the area. The loss of the JSU game has basically eliminated Troy from the press in North Alabama.

gophoenix
May 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Pot meet kettle...

Yes, because all I do is whine over the public vs private situation that so many of your fans say is some vast conspiracy to bring down GSU and App. It is an utter crock of horse crap. xrolleyesx

BearsCountry
May 13th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The people at Troy are pushing our adminstration harder than our fans. You have to remember that Troy has less students (main campus) by about half than JSU and quite a bit less population in the area. The loss of the JSU game has basically eliminated Troy from the press in North Alabama.

Thats intresting on the Troy part. I know most of their enrollment is at their military base campuses. Thanks for the information.

AppMan
May 13th, 2009, 09:48 PM
xrolleyesx

I'll be very happy once we have the SoCon in our rear view mirror. Now, let me get to the business of correcting my colossal blunder on Elon's enrollment. According to their official website, Elon's fall enrollment reached "another milestone" with a hefty figure of 5,628. I humble myself before the court and beg its forgiveness and amend my earlier statement.

Of the 9 football playing conference members 5 have enrollments of less than 5650 students.

Feel better now? I can't believe you actually made a big deal out of 128 students? 128! Yea, I really squeezed the numbers to make my point didn't I? BTW, as was stated in an earlier post, ASU's fall enrollment was over 16,600, so how about a retraction and apology from you? It's the least you can do since I did the honorable thing and set things right. I'm waiting.........

AppMan
May 13th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Yes, because all I do is whine over the public vs private situation that so many of your fans say is some vast conspiracy to bring down GSU and App. It is an utter crock of horse crap. xrolleyesx

BTW, where in the world did you come up with this "vast conspiracy to bring down GSU and App" nonsense? I simply want ASU to be aligned with like minded schools of the same make up. It seems logical to think you guys would as well. How cool would it be for you guys to be in a league made up of The Citadel (I know it's actually a public institution), Davidson, Elon, Furman, Richmond, Samford, VMI, & William & Mary. Heck, you might even want to toss in GW & PC. IMO, that would be the perfect situation for you guys.

kirkblitz
May 14th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Looks like someone poo'ed on the bleachers?

Saint3333
May 14th, 2009, 07:26 PM

Roll your eyes... Same decision different day...

gophoenix
May 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
BTW, where in the world did you come up with this "vast conspiracy to bring down GSU and App" nonsense? I simply want ASU to be aligned with like minded schools of the same make up. It seems logical to think you guys would as well. How cool would it be for you guys to be in a league made up of The Citadel (I know it's actually a public institution), Davidson, Elon, Furman, Richmond, Samford, VMI, & William & Mary. Heck, you might even want to toss in GW & PC. IMO, that would be the perfect situation for you guys.

Your post was a complete conspiracy theory about wanting to please the private schools. There was nothing about you wanting "like minded schools" whatever that means. As far as I'm concerned Elon and App are like minded schools. Sponsor sports, fund well, try to be the best, graduate students. All SoCon schools have that in mind. Public/Private/Military; it really makes no difference. But you made no mention of an opinion that you want large public schools together in a conference.

The original:

That quote right there states that JSU wasn't pursued because the private schools had to have a new member and the direction is clear. When, in fact, it was GSU and UTC pushing for a new member, not any of the private schools. And it was two private schools that pushed against the first interested school (ie Coastal).

gophoenix
May 14th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Roll your eyes... Same decision different day...

Woohoo! Way to turn into a thread troll. Congratulation!!

Saint3333
May 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Resorting to personal insults so quickly, true colors come out.

GP you fight the same fight every month or so, it must be tiring, I'm sure readers here are.

Have a good day, this battle was been fought so many times, just let it go.

GaSouthern
May 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM

xnodx

jsualum97
May 15th, 2009, 11:08 AM
This thread started off showing the progress of the stadium project at JSU, and has turned into a civil war between the publics and privates in the SoCon.

Where did we go wrong?

gophoenix
May 15th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Resorting to personal insults so quickly, true colors come out.

GP you fight the same fight every month or so, it must be tiring, I'm sure readers here are.

Have a good day, this battle was been fought so many times, just let it go.

1) if you want to view it as a personal insult, that is clearly within your ability and freedom to do. You could have chosen not to post, but instead chose to add nothing to the conversation and only commented on me, the poster. In other words, it is the definition of a thread troll.

2) An idea for you. Instead of riding me about speaking the truth of the matter (which some of you seem to have a problem with), why don't you get on your own fans about proliferating a lie about the vast private school conspiracy and the SoCon? That is also within your power to do....

SandMountainDemon
May 15th, 2009, 03:57 PM
This thread started off showing the progress of the stadium project at JSU, and has turned into a civil war between the publics and privates in the SoCon.

Where did we go wrong?

Dang right....shouldn't that be in the FCS Smack forum?

Saint3333
May 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
You and Appman are adding nothing new to the conversation, not sure what the difference is in my post and yours. Both of you get over it. Agree with it/like it/don't Elon is here, so is Samford... I'm over it, as are most posters.

I have a definition for one. Insanity is doing things the same way and expecting a different result.

AppMan
May 16th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Saint, I love you man, but I’ll decide when it is time for me to get over something. I apologize to the Jax State folks for the detour, but my response was in support the assertion by Go Bears the SoCon took the wrong Alabama school. Unfortunately GP goes ballistic every time the obvious direction by the SoCon towards private schools is brought to light.

apaladin
May 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
First, the JSU pressbox looks great although it's a little like putting a cadillac on top of a VW. :). When they move to FBS isn't it going to be very difficult to expand that side? Maybe that side will stay small?

Second, When does student population have anything to do with a successful football program? Example: Furman, 3,000 plus (if we're counting grad students) has a national championship and a great program, Boston U 35,000 plus gave up football. Clempson, 16,000 has a NC and has a great program(hate to admit it) and many 50,000 plus universities haven't come close. BTW, isn't Richmond about the size of FU?

For all you ASU FBS advocates, the first couple of years will be great for you but after the newness wears off those Fla. Atlantic, Middle Tennessee home games are going to become pretty boring, but then again maybe competing for a bowl game that will pit you against a 7-4 MAC team will be exciting. :D

SU DOG
May 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
First off, congrats to JSU for their renovations. The pictures show what will obviously be a first-class facility. I have many friends and relatives who are Gamecock alumni, and they are rightfully PROUD.
As for as the SoCon taking the wrong Alabama school, however, I am appalled at this argument resurfacing. Everyone is certainly free to offer an opinion. It is kinda strange, however, to see who is beating this dead-horse. With all due respect, JSU Athletics has MANY MANY problems to solve. I know this for sure!!! The fact that JSU is talking moving up should have put the damper on this discussion long ago.
A year ago I was reading this Board and seeing this statement about the wrong school going to the SoCon. I was also reading how these SAME people were saying( and they were serious) that it would be 3-4 years before Samford would win a SoCon football game. xlolx

apaladin
May 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I was also reading how these SAME people were saying( and they were serious) that it would be 3-4 years before Samford would win a SoCon football game. xlolx[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you have to forgive us for thinking you would be another Elon. xsmiley_wix

Redbirdz
May 19th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Apaladin, the side with the cadillac (press box, suites) is in for a double deck all the way up to the fourth floor. It won't be little. This will come together by the opening home game of 2010.