PDA

View Full Version : IUPUI and FCS

dungeonjoe
May 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I am coming back from a conference in Indianapolis and IUPUI (Indiana and Purdue university at indy). Nice school any word on an FCS program there?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
They are large - but 1) they don't have a venue and 2) they have an AD who seems unwilling to start up the sport there.

BearsCountry
May 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Commuter school I believe as well. Where are the XDSU's and Indiana State fans when you need them. :)

FargoBison
May 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM
No chance, they are lucky enough to draw over 1k for what has been a decent basketball program over the years, football probably wouldn't work at any level at Ooey-Pooey.

Sycamore51
May 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
These guys are correct. There will never be football at IUPUI. They have no athletic budget. Their gym is smaller than most high school gyms in the state and in Indiana if you're not going to put more resources than that into basketball, you sure as sin aren't going to put money into football.

Husky Alum
May 11th, 2009, 10:19 AM
And they have a hint of a problem with their APR.

I think their hoops program loses 3 scholy's this year.

Their coach (Ron Hunter) is the guy who coached barefoot to raise awareness for people in Africa without shoes.

While Hunter appears to be a humanitarian from that point of view, he's a bit of a jerk.

We played them in hoops this year, and he was yelling at our players when they were shooting free throws, acting pretty childish at the refs, and when I (as those posters who know me) can only do, asked him to sit down and coach the game and leave our players alone, he told me to "go f--k" myself.

DetroitFlyer
May 11th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Their coach (Ron Hunter) is the guy who coached barefoot to raise awareness for people in Africa without shoes.

While Hunter appears to be a humanitarian from that point of view, he's a bit of a jerk.

We played them in hoops this year, and he was yelling at our players when they were shooting free throws, acting pretty childish at the refs, and when I (as those posters who know me) can only do, asked him to sit down and coach the game and leave our players alone, he told me to "go f--k" myself.

Wow, sounds like a program with some troubles.... Dayton had a basketball player transfer there after the end of the season.... Sounds like that kid is in for a rude awakening....

RabidRabbit
May 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Commuter school I believe as well. Where are the XDSU's and Indiana State fans when you need them. :)

Largest undergrad school in the Summit, but can't attract fans to BB worth *****. Play in a HS quality arena. Haven't shown ANY inclination to move up with FB.

FargoBison
May 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM

That is Ron Hunter all right, the guy is intense on the sidelines, I think he yelled at everyone within 20 feet of court when he came to the BSA last December.

Franks Tanks
May 11th, 2009, 02:59 PM
The name of this school has always bothered me tremendously. Is it not the dumbest thing you have ever heard.

Indiana University and Purdue University at Indy.

So we have Indiana University and Purdue University which are independant of each other.

Yet we have a school in Indy that somehow combines programs and resources of both school and they call it IUPUI-- the whole thing is just insane.

FargoBison
May 11th, 2009, 03:13 PM
The name of this school has always bothered me tremendously. Is it not the dumbest thing you have ever heard.

So we have Indiana University and Purdue University which are independant of each other.

Yet we have a school in Indy that somehow combines programs and resources of both school and they call it IUPUI-- the whole thing is just insane.

What about Indiana University and Purdue University at Fort Wayne? IUPUFW, good thing they just go by IPFW.

From what I gather you can go there and get a degree from Purdue or Indiana. Not really a shock that either has an attendance problem and low budgets. I think the total athletic donations from alumni was $100,000 a year or so ago at IPFW.

Franks Tanks
May 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
What about Indiana University and Purdue University at Fort Wayne? IUPUFW, good thing they just go by IPFW.

From what I gather you can go there and get a degree from Purdue or Indiana. Not really a shock that either has an attendance problem and low budgets. I think the total athletic donations from alumni was $100,000 a year or so ago at IPFW.

I didnt know that, this has got to be the only state with such an arrangment.

purduecrum
June 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
I didnt know that, this has got to be the only state with such an arrangment.
Indiana has gone with regional campuses of the two flagship state schools that are administered to some degree out of the home campuses at Purdue and Indiana. How is this any different, or how should it be looked down upon when compared to the many directional schools in other states?

If anything, the regional campuses are likely to be leaner up top than other schools that come complete with a president and a small army of vice presidents all at over $150,000 annually.

IUPUI is going to have their share of basketball successes. Even when they pick from the leftovers in Indianapolis they are still in pretty good shape. Much like the football talent in Florida and Texas.

Dane96
June 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM

Wait....Husky Alum got told to shut his trap. And the Coach left the building without a full-on berating in response?

Your losing your touch-- the women in your life are taming you.xsmhx

xthumbsupxxlolx

phillyAPP
June 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM

Insane ???? AHHHHH ...... but that is part of the plan ! How many others were called insane before we called them ...... "genius" !!xthumbsupx