PDA

View Full Version : KBS Stadium Construction Update Photos

AppMan
May 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37919891@N04/

ASUG8
May 2nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Nice pics - I see they finally got the "A" up.

What's up with the walkway on the West side? Just curious what they're modifying.

Skjellyfetti
May 2nd, 2009, 07:17 AM

What's up with the walkway on the West side? Just curious what they're modifying.

Looks like maybe just aesthetic landscaping or something. Not really sure, though.

ASUG8
May 2nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
That's already a choke point, and it looks like they're making it more narrow.

Saint3333
May 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
The inside of that building will be even more impressive than the exterior.

Looking forward to seeing in person against McNeese.

KiddBrewer
May 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
That's already a choke point, and it looks like they're making it more narrow.

yea i think they did that because they also made the walk-way underneath the stands more narrow because of the new building....maybe they are trying to keep from having all the people bottled up at the top trying to get under the stands.......

i believe they are also doing some work in that area putting in a septic system or something underneath part of the walkway for the new building, from what i could tell by walking by.

psc2445
May 4th, 2009, 06:44 PM
looking sharp

AppMan
May 4th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Could possibly be a handicapped walkway in the middle and perhaps walkway for students to the far right. Just a guess considering the student gate used to be on the far right of the West entrance.

JDC325
May 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37919891@N04/

Just one question the bathrooms will have actual toilets right not just buckets right?......;)

In all seriousness looks nice. I it good to see a school make things happen instead of make excuses like our leadership does.

kirkblitz
May 7th, 2009, 01:40 AM
how much for a seat in the box? 10k?

Touchdown Yosef
May 7th, 2009, 08:02 AM
how much for a seat in the box? 10k?

Something like that but it also requires a multi year commitment.

biggie
May 7th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Seems like it take $10k to get parking in the stadium lot, can't imagine how much one of these boxes are.

KiddBrewer
May 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Seems like it take $10k to get parking in the stadium lot, can't imagine how much one of these boxes are.

7.89 million......give or takexrolleyesx

MaroonDoom
May 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Looking good. Those old restrooms were quite funking.

ASUG8
May 7th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Looking good. Those old restrooms were quite funking.

The area behind them was a hazmat zone - they were always over capacity, so many people (present company included) used the grass a number of times.

T-Dog
May 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Interesting update

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/DSCN1219.jpg

Looks like the new team entrance.

DLS
May 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Interesting update

SCHWING

kirkblitz
May 23rd, 2009, 02:16 AM
this will never be a football stadium until the track is gone xcoffeex

ASUG8
May 23rd, 2009, 07:22 AM

Riiiiiggggghhhht -
45-28, beach chickens

jmufan999
May 23rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
i'm sure you guys are planning on getting rid of the track eventually. you can do that anytime.

anyway, that's probably the nicest looking press box i've ever seen in an FCS stadium. that should really give recruiting a nice boost.

thmst30
May 23rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Interesting update

I'd love for that to be an underground tunnel leading to the new locker rooms. I would rather them run out like they do now, instead of strolling down the hill and then running out like a high school team.

EDIT: From what I've heard they are absolutely not doing a tunnel due to $, and the team will walk down the slope. I really just don't like that. App. St. football has always run out of some sort of tunnel/cover and onto the field. I've never been a fan of having a team walk out in front of everyone and then try to take the field, it kills all excitement just watching them mosey on out of the locker room before taking the field.

T-Dog
May 23rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
i'm sure you guys are planning on getting rid of the track eventually. you can do that anytime.

Find us some unused flat ground around Boone and we'll talk turkey. xrulesx

Touchdown Yosef
May 23rd, 2009, 09:13 AM

anyway, that's probably the nicest looking press box i've ever seen in an FCS stadium. that should really give recruiting a nice boost.

As much as we would all love to see that happen and I would love to see it happen more than anything else they would do to that stadium, its just not feasible.

For those that don't know a sizable creek runs right under the field and we literally cannot dig down. Plus beneath that field is solid granite. The money it would take to dig down would literally pay for another matching press box on the east side, a new field house with more seats in the south end zone, and still have a few bucks left over for the rest of the athletic complexes. Might as well get used to it b/c we are literally stuck with it until some billionaire dies and leaves the football program 500mill and earmarks what its for.

Sir William
May 23rd, 2009, 09:41 AM

With three consecutive national championship trophies on display, do you really think anyone who matters is paying attention to the track?

Honestly?

I'll bet you nine dollars to a nickle that when a recruit visits, he doesn't walk away saying, "Well, those national championship trophies were real pretty and shiny, and that new press box is impressive, but I'm not sure I really could play for the Mountaineers...b/c of that track. It's just not a 'real' football stadium, yet."

Ridiculous.

JMUDuke2002
May 23rd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Find us some unused flat ground around Boone and we'll talk turkey. xrulesx

I don't mean to quibble, but ASU isn't the only school that lacks a lot of flat land. JMU managed to build a track by grading and flattening a hillside. It can be done. They just have to have the will to do it. Otherwise, the stadium looks fantastic. The pressbox bests anything in FCS right now, and rivals many FBS facilities.

T-Dog
May 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM
It can be done. They just have to have the will to do it.

http://www.isr.umd.edu/~erobert4/images/education/app_state.jpg

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles4598.jpg

Start looking. xcoffeex

AppMan
May 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
There is plenty of flat land near the new soccer stadium. If its good enough to put the soccer teams out there why not the track squad.

Appstate29
May 23rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
There is plenty of flat land near the new soccer stadium. If its good enough to put the soccer teams out there why not the track squad.

maybe they are doing one thing at a time, finishing up the press box, and then worrying about the track. I can't remember, but in the 2020 master plan, weren't they planning to put academic buildings around State Farm, or it might have been the broyhill.

appfan2008
May 23rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
the stadium looks great

Saint3333
May 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM

Thanks 999, if you are impressed by the exterior you should see the interior. 10,000 sq. ft weight room, Hydrotherapy with underwater treadmill and state of the art whirlpools, 120 seat viewing room, breakout viewing rooms for position meetings, student athlete only computer lab with study hall, and the players lounge with flat screens everywhere. Imagine an 18 year old touring this thing. Some FBS teams don't have something like this to offer recruits.

I got to walk around last weekend, I believe the media will throughly enjoy their accomodations as well, the view is amazing. For TV game the lights are 20% higher grade (distance and brightness) than ESPN requires for HD broadcasting and ASU has worked with them so all they have to do in bring their cameras and broadcasting truck and plug up on the 7th floor, all the wiring is ready to go.

As you can tell this is very exciting for the ASU faithful.

Skjellyfetti
May 23rd, 2009, 05:14 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_2115962_stop-being-jealous.html

thmst30
May 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks 999, if you are impressed by the exterior you should see the interior. 10,000 sq. ft weight room, Hydrotherapy with underwater treadmill and state of the art whirlpools, 120 seat viewing room, breakout viewing rooms for position meetings, student athlete only computer lab with study hall, and the players lounge with flat screens everywhere. Imagine an 18 year old touring this thing. Some FBS teams don't have something like this to offer recruits.

I got to walk around last weekend, I believe the media will throughly enjoy their accomodations as well, the view is amazing. For TV game the lights are 20% higher grade (distance and brightness) than ESPN requires for HD broadcasting and ASU has worked with them so all they have to do in bring their cameras and broadcasting truck and plug up on the 7th floor, all the wiring is ready to go.

As you can tell this is very exciting for the ASU faithful.
Nice post, I didn't know all those extra little details. I'm still blown away by the progress we have made in just 4-5 years. Absolutely stunning.:D

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM
seriously its a nice stadium but i still stand by it cant be a complete football stadium until it has no track, the local HS FB stadiums have a track...

Just dig it up and lay some grass down if you cant put seats on it.

thmst30
May 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
seriously its a nice stadium but i still stand by it cant be a complete football stadium until it has no track, the local HS FB stadiums have a track...

I actually don't have too much problem with the track, BUT what I don't like at all is all the lines on our field. We have soccer and field hockey lines on top of the football lines. Now that we will have a separate soccer stadium and a separate field hockey stadium I would LOVE to get rid of all the extra junk and just have a clean football surface. I know that's a little arrogant to not want the other sports to play there, but I just hate the jumbled mess that it creates on the field. Also I want a logo at midfield. I know why they changed the A to face both sides, but put something at midfield. Speaking of the A's on the filed, they aren't even the actual A with Mountaineers written in them, they are just white A's. So in all of that, it's obvious I dislike pretty much everything art-wise on our field. It just seems high-schoolish to me, and was poorly designed.

T-Dog
May 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM

Find a new place for the Track and Field program and then we'll talk. It's not that big a deal. xrolleyesx

I actually don't have too much problem with the track, BUT what I don't like at all is all the lines on our field. We have soccer and field hockey lines on top of the football lines. Now that we will have a separate soccer stadium and a separate field hockey stadium I would LOVE to get rid of all the extra junk and just have a clean football surface. I know that's a little arrogant to not want the other sports to play there, but I just hate the jumbled mess that it creates on the field. Also I want a logo at midfield. I know why they changed the A to face both sides, but put something at midfield.

I've heard the next time they change the turf at least the soccer lines will be gone and the Block A at midfield will be looked into.

thmst30
May 24th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I've heard the next time they change the turf at least the soccer lines will be gone and the Block A at midfield will be looked into.
I'd love to be in the discussions for the next field, because I've always thought ours is too bland. The amateur look of the field takes away from the professional quality of everything else they have added these past few years.

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2009, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=T-Dog;1346961]Find a new place for the Track and Field program and then we'll talk. It's not that big a deal. xrolleyesx

if you wanted one, you could find one. xcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
May 24th, 2009, 05:49 PM

It may surprise you as a Coastal Carolina fan, but many football stadiums have a long history. Most stadiums were built as multipurpose facilities... Ohio State had a track until very recently (~10 years). Washington's Husky Stadium still has a track . Go to a University of Washington message board... tell them you are a Coastal Carolina fan... and then tell them you don't think they have a real football stadium. xlolx

Ohio State's and Washington's are considered among the best in the country.

The stadium was heavily renovated from 1999 to 2000 -- the press box was replaced, additional seating was installed above the existing upper deck and 81 luxury suites and 2,500 club seats were added. The track and field-specific Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium had been built by the university nearby, thus the track at Ohio Stadium was no longer needed. The track was removed and the field of play was lowered by 14.5 feet to add additional seating closer to the field. The temporary bleachers in the south end zone were replaced with permanent seating. However, the south end of the stadium remains partially open, thus allowing the stadium to maintain its noted Horseshoe configuration.
http://www.ohiostatefansite.net/stadium.asp

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/kurtenblog/DSC00427.jpg

http://www.huskyfan.com/stadium.jpg

I'm sure there are other examples as well.

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
yep i understand they are multipurpose but FB stadiums shouldnt be multi purpose. It puts the fans farther away and its just annoying. FB stadiums are for FB!

that stadium just looks like a big track stadium with some FB lines painted on it

AtlantaMountaineer
May 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM

It seemed to work just fine as a football stadium the last two times you guys paid a visit to Boone. xwhistlex

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2009, 07:54 PM
It seemed to work just fine as a football stadium the last two times you guys paid a visit to Boone. xwhistlex

i seem to recall the refs working fine for you as well last visit xcoffeex

Skjellyfetti
May 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
i seem to recall the refs working fine for you as well last visit xcoffeex

xlolx

I can almost understand bitching about the refs if it was a close game (and it's still a weak move)...

But, complaining about the refs in a game where your team was thrashed?? xconfusedx
xdizzyx

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
xlolx

I can almost understand bitching about the refs if it was a close game (and it's still a weak move)...

But, complaining about the refs in a game where your team was thrashed?? xconfusedx
xdizzyx

if your refs hadn't taken the ball back when it was clearly fumbled by your team it would have been completely different game

xbawlingx

Saint3333
May 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
if your refs hadn't taken the ball back when it was clearly fumbled by your team it would have been completely different game

xbawlingx

Reliving the glory days, when you almost had a lead in the third quarter... Dude get over it - a three score win isn't due to the refs...

BTW a real FCS stadium should also seat more than 10,000 people.

kirkblitz
May 24th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Reliving the glory days, when you almost had a lead in the third quarter... Dude get over it - a three score win isn't due to the refs...

BTW a real FCS stadium should also seat more than 10,000 people.

stop makeing me cry, a almost lead over App state is a win in my book

our stadium will be seating 15k in short order think you very much xbawlingxxbawlingx

thmst30
May 25th, 2009, 03:39 AM
See, I want something like this for our field.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/appfieldconceptv2.png

Instead of this.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/JSBDBBCZHFOBKWB20080728204817.jpg

Thoughts?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/aerialconcept.png

kirkblitz
May 25th, 2009, 05:17 AM
There is no thinking needed, that is what you should have now. I dont know why you dont. Gj on that though xrotatehx

Saint3333
May 25th, 2009, 07:20 AM
No to the Yosef head, but big Block A at the 50 would be nice. The soccer lines will be gone when the turf is replaced.

AppStFan76
May 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM
No to the Yosef head, but big Block A at the 50 would be nice. The soccer lines will be gone when the turf is replaced.

Agreed!! Stick with the Block A!!

AppStFan76
May 25th, 2009, 08:25 AM

I think the grade of the hill was too steep to meet handicap access codes...?? Looks to me to be a wheelchair "ramp"... The "landing" areas would be there to let a person in a wheel chair rest and the "switch back" design would alow for a more gradual slope...

Thats what I thought when i saw it. I was in Boone a few weeks ago and went by to look around. I'll be back up this weekend, I'll try and go by and get a few pics, if there's anything different I'll post them.

thmst30
May 25th, 2009, 01:46 PM

Agreed!! Stick with the Block A!!
Lots of people wanting the block A instead. I did a version 2 above.

jonmac
May 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM
See, I want something like this for our field.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/appfieldconceptv2.png

Instead of this.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/JSBDBBCZHFOBKWB20080728204817.jpg

Thoughts?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/aerialconcept.png

Now THAT I can go with. You should email it to someone important at ASU.

Thundering_Herd
May 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Looks great, but, where's the still? OK, I'll try to be original next time! Wish an outdoor stadium could work in Fargo, but in November/Dec....you get the point.

Kirk... you related to MplsBison? It's there, it works, getting rid of it (the track) gives the ASU players less room to celebrate TDs against you, so relax

T-Dog
May 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I'd prefer the Yosef head instead of the written logo at the 25's and the block A to be bigger. IIRC, the old block A at midfield was pretty big.

https://www.yosefgear.com/images/Yosef%20Head%20Pic.jpg

kirkblitz
May 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Kirk... you related to MplsBison? It's there, it works, getting rid of it (the track) gives the ASU players less room to celebrate TDs against you, so relax

lol, grass is much better then a track. Seats even better then that. I've seen people fall on that track, grass would feel a lot better xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Skjellyfetti
May 25th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I think something like "3,333 feet" or just "3,333" at the 25's would be pretty cool.

DX Man
May 25th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I would do away with the SoCon logos. As someone mentioned on the MMB, I think that "Jerry Moore Field" would fill those spots well.

AppMan
May 26th, 2009, 06:03 AM
IMO, too much going on there. Lose everything but the Block A and writing in the endzones. I'm addmitted traditionalist and it looks to me like a pro soccer field with a bunch of advertisements. BTW, congratulations for outlining the white letters in gold against the black turf. It jumps off the black background and looks far better than the plain gold letters of two turfs ago or the current look. I attempted to get the former administration to go for that look the last two replacements. Hopefully the current folks in charge of such things will see your work and get the message. In this case seeing is believeing. Good work.

thmst30
May 26th, 2009, 06:17 AM
IMO, too much going on there. Lose everything but the Block A and writing in the endzones. I'm addmitted traditionalist and it looks to me like a pro soccer field with a bunch of advertisements. BTW, congratulations for outlining the white letters in gold against the black turf. It jumps off the black background and looks far better than the plain gold letters of two turfs ago or the current look. I attempted to get the former administration to go for that look the last two replacements. Hopefully the current folks in charge of such things will see your work and get the message. In this case seeing is believeing. Good work.
I agree that there is too much going on there. I should simplify it.xthumbsupx

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/appfieldconceptv3.png

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i163/thmst30/aerialconceptv3.png

Appinator
May 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM

I agree with everyone else, the first version had a little too much going, but this one is APPsolutely perfect. You need to send this to Cobb!

appfan2008
May 26th, 2009, 09:06 AM
would love to see the field named after the man who made it all possible

AppMan
May 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Richie Williams or Cory Lynch?

AppStFan76
May 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM

I dont think you will get by without the SoCon emblem on the field...

But I like it, hope we see this as a reality in the near future!xthumbsupx

Appfan_in_CAAland
May 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
that's probably the nicest looking press box i've ever seen in an FCS stadium.

Before long, KBS will be an FBS stadium. xnodx

DLS
May 27th, 2009, 01:34 PM

hopefully not until they get playoffs

AshevilleApp2
May 27th, 2009, 02:54 PM

I'll pass thanks.

AppMan
May 27th, 2009, 03:03 PM

It is well on its way and I'll be more than happy to pay for season tickets without the annual battle against the likes of NC Central, GW, Presbyterian, Jacksonville U, ect.

The Moody1
May 27th, 2009, 03:28 PM
It is well on its way and I'll be more than happy to pay for season tickets without the annual battle against the likes of NC Central, GW, Presbyterian, Jacksonville State, ect.

Amen. I have been following the Apps for almost 30 years now and I look forward to playing a much better regular season schedule. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

biggie
May 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
No thanks to a season that ends at nothing, I'll take playoffs.

Did get a discription of the 130+ lockers that will be built in the lockerrooms in the next couple weeks. Said they were very large and each with a routed block A on the bench in front of it. Sounds nice. Hope to get some pics from a friend who's doing some work up there.

Touchdown Yosef
May 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
would love to see the field named after the man who made it all possible

Scott Saterfield?

Skjellyfetti
May 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
It is well on its way and I'll be more than happy to pay for season tickets without the annual battle against the likes of NC Central, GW, Presbyterian, Jacksonville State, ect.

I'd rather see Georgia Southern, Furman, Wofford, etc. on our schedule than Troy, North Texas, Louisiana Monroe, etc.

I'm ok with moving to FBS if we could get in a decent conference and if FBS had a playoff of some sort.

AppMan
May 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Did get a discription of the 130+ lockers that will be built in the lockerrooms in the next couple weeks. Said they were very large and each with a routed block A on the bench in front of it. Sounds nice. Hope to get some pics from a friend who's doing some work up there.

Examples of the lockers have been on dislay in the Yosef Club Room fo a couple of years. The members of the Former Athletes Assn picked up the tab for most of them.

AppMan
May 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I'd rather see Georgia Southern, Furman, Wofford, etc. on our schedule than Troy, North Texas, Louisiana Monroe, etc.

I'm ok with moving to FBS if we could get in a decent conference and if FBS had a playoff of some sort.

Although I'm not enamored with the thought of playing N Texas and UL Monroe (simply from a distance standpoint) I still think it is an upgrade from a lot of what we get on a annual basis. If the FBS had a playoff it is unlikely anyone outside the 6 BCS leagues will be a part of it. Probably the most one could hope for is a 8 team playoff. Six conference champions and two at large selections. Perhaps we would see the return of the 1-A & 1-AA classifications except this time 1-AA would consist of CUSA, The Mtn West, MAC, WAC, SunBelt, and a new Eastern Seaboard Conference.

T-Dog
July 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I'm recycling this thread. New updates.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/3747907116_25cde08e28.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/3747912016_9350d806f2.jpg?v=0

AppMan
July 23rd, 2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I'm recycling this thread. New updates.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2552/3747907116_25cde08e28.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/3747912016_9350d806f2.jpg?v=0

Hey! I took those yesterday! At least give me some props! :>)

AppMan
July 23rd, 2009, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE=biggie;1348449]No thanks to a season that ends at nothing, I'll take playoffs.

For all but 16 teams in the FCS the season does end in nothing. In FBS at least 60+ teams go to bowls. I know, I know....all but one are meaningless..... sheesh.........

biggie
July 23rd, 2009, 08:04 AM

For all but 16 teams in the FCS the season does end in nothing. In FBS at least 60+ teams go to bowls. I know, I know....all but one are meaningless..... sheesh.........
Making the playoffs means something, maybe not that much to some, but a whole lot to some schools/teams.

SideLine Shooter
July 23rd, 2009, 08:11 AM

xbawlingx

Somebody Smokin Something.xlolxxlolx

SideLine Shooter
July 23rd, 2009, 08:18 AM

Tell me something. When are the beach chickens going to get a football stadium? Conway H.S. stadium is bigger than Coastal Correctional Stadium.

phoenix3
July 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
I know I'm late getting in on this conversation, but for those that are wanting a tunnel for the player entrance, it looks like you've pretty much got one. An awning or canopy would complete the tunnel based on the way it looks on pics #6 & #7 from 7-14-09.

The stadium looks great. Kind of pi$$e$ me off. Until now I felt Elon's Stadium was, aesthetically, the nicest stadium. Pressbox is outstanding.

Bam
July 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Looking good AppMan. It appears you may be running out of room on that hill?

biggie
July 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
I know I'm late getting in on this conversation, but for those that are wanting a tunnel for the player entrance, it looks like you've pretty much got one. An awning or canopy would complete the tunnel based on the way it looks on pics #6 & #7 from 7-14-09.
Yes the tunnel was a surprise addition that most didn't know about until it had been started. And made all well again for those who love seeing the team 'hide' until running out.

CrackerRiley
July 23rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Chancellor Peacock told me they were handing over the keys to the place August 24th.

appstate38
July 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hey! I took those yesterday! At least give me some props! :>)

Hey Nice pics..... Looking forward to the Apps making their entrance "down the Hill"

KiddBrewer
July 23rd, 2009, 04:51 PM
so is there gonna be a cover over the last part of that "tunnel" or what?

Saint3333
July 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
Doesn't appear so as the columns and walls are now capped. I like the open air entrance, as the players file down into the "tunnel" the crowds will get louder and louder until they run out. Sept. 12th can't get here fast enough.

ASU
July 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM

You Want To Know Why We Don't Take The Track Out?

ASU
July 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Are You Sure You Really Want to KNOW?

Mountaineer
July 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Great pics AppMan. xrotatehx

Drove by today to get a glimpse. It's an amazing site seeing the stands and complex towering up over Stadium Drive.

ASU
July 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Are You Sure You Really Want to KNOW?

Our New Recruits Are So Fast They Have To Have The Extra Room To Slow Down !

james_lawfirm
July 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM

Whoa. FTR, I like the track. Or, more precisely, I like the distance between the nearest seats and the field. I've been to too many stadiums where I can't see plays along the sidelines (like Elons) because the seats are too close.

DX Man
July 23rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
Awesome pics. Thank you!