NOV 6TH APPY STATE*
NOV 13TH AT WESTERN CAROLINA*
NOV 20TH AT FURMAN*

BOLD = HOME GAMES
* = SOCON GAMES

blueballs
April 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
9/11 at Navy...

... I really look foward to that trip as I am sure the Academy will do something special to commemorate the date, and I think GSU will be real strong in 2010 as well.

RabidRabbit
April 30th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Is GSU going to NDSU in '11 then?

Going to be a great game between Jacks & Eagles this year in Brookings! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

89Hen
April 30th, 2009, 01:50 PM
SEPT 4TH SAVANNAH STATE
SEPT 11TH AT NAVY
SEPT 18TH AT CCU
Five home games is very surprising to me. Got to be disappointed with that. :(

DLS
April 30th, 2009, 02:04 PM
but those are the home games you would want.

GaSouthern
April 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM

Yeah if we could add Furman then it would be a perfect home setup. We are nothing like we were when we set the two longest home winning streaks in the nation though so i'm not sure it would help us any, Chris Hatcher seems to coach better on the road?!?:o

GSUhooligan
April 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, we have those games on the road this year. I'd rather split up the Appy, FU, Wofford, Elon block.

FargoBison
April 30th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Is GSU going to NDSU in '11 then?

Going to be a great game between Jacks & Eagles this year in Brookings! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Gobison says that GSU will up here on 9/17/2011.

JMU Newbill
April 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Have fun beating App State

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM

We only have 5 home games in 2009, too (well, regular season games, that is).

DLS
April 30th, 2009, 03:04 PM
hold up, we play gsu at the rock this year. ya'll only have 4 home games?

GannonFan
April 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Gee, GSU going to play Navy. How weird will that be to see GSU get beat by a team that runs the offense that GSU perfected for so many years? It would be like seeing UD lose to a Wing-T team.

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 03:21 PM
hold up, we play gsu at the rock this year. ya'll only have 4 home games?

We play Albany, Western Carolina, Chattanooga, Furman and The (hey, Citdog, where are you) Citadel at home this year, so no, it's 5.

RabidRabbit
April 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM
5 home games will be the norm within FCS when the FCS team has a FBS game too.

Here's a xbeerchugxxbeerchugx to a team that makes tough OOC home/home arrangements, and then honors them.

Good luck in '10 Eagles (and '09, except for a tight loss in Brookings xsmiley_wix )

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Here's a xbeerchugxxbeerchugx to a team that makes tough OOC home/home arrangements, and then honors them.

Good luck in '10 Eagles (and '09, except for a tight loss in Brookings xsmiley_wix )

Thanks, sure wish I could make the trip to Brookings, but unfortunately that's one of two that it looks like I'll miss this year. Good luck to you guys too, except of course.................

89Hen
April 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM
GSU is not the norm. They are more like UD, Montana, AppSt... where home attendance is good enough that they should bring the other two OOC's to Statesboro in most years.

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
GSU is not the norm. They are more like UD, Montana, AppSt... where home attendance is good enough that they should bring the other two OOC's to Statesboro in most years.

Problem with that is when we have already scheduled a home and home and then fill in an FBS, like this year when we go to South Dakota State then just within the last few months signed the game at North Carolina. I personally can't remember a time that we backed out of returning a game that was already committed.

straightshooter
April 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
The GSU/CCU game provides really good regional interest. This time, the scheduling has CCU getting the first of the home and home games. Expect the next GSU/CCU contest to be in Statesboro. Had the Eagles gotten a home game with CCU for the first contest, they'd have six home games. That will likely happen in 2011.

89Hen
April 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I personally can't remember a time that we backed out of returning a game that was already committed.
OL, I'm really trying not to comment. :pxsmiley_wix

89Hen
April 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Problem with that is when we have already scheduled a home and home and then fill in an FBS, like this year when we go to South Dakota State then just within the last few months signed the game at North Carolina.
No doubt it happens, but it sounds like it's becoming more frequent at GSU.

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM

By the way, I was remiss in not thanking you for the comment about GSU not being the norm, so xthumbsupx

OL FU
April 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
OL, I'm really trying not to comment. :pxsmiley_wix

Well you didn't do a very good job of it:pxmadx:D

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Well, based on '08 we play better when we're away these days anyway (or at least we win more:))

DLS
April 30th, 2009, 04:03 PM
We play Albany, Western Carolina, Chattanooga, Furman and The (hey, Citdog, where are you) Citadel at home this year, so no, it's 5.

oh, sorry got confused. the list said bolded were home games.

hippy@GSU
April 30th, 2009, 06:21 PM
oh, sorry got confused. the list said bolded were home games.

Im not exactly sure what your seeing but here we go...

You may be looking at the schedule as if it were for 2009. This would make GSU be in Boone in October.

The thread reads that it is the 2010 season. Next year. Making the Apps come to Statesboro.

Was that the problem?

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Yeah it sort of is, but that is what you get scheduling FBS games every year and using one schedule slot for OOC H&H games. When it is your turn to go on the road against the FCS OOC opponent, you will only have 5 home games.

Gee, GSU going to play Navy. How weird will that be to see GSU get beat by a team that runs the offense that GSU perfected for so many years? It would be like seeing UD lose to a Wing-T team.

It would feel something like losing to Wofford, I guess.

I'm not too worried about losing though. I'm just not sure if Niumatalolo can run the offense as well as PJ did. That, and we are going to be loaded in 2010. And I mean loaded.

hippy@GSU
April 30th, 2009, 06:52 PM

I'm not too worried about losing though. I'm just not sure if Niumatalolo can run the offense as well as PJ did. That, and we are going to be loaded in 2010. And I mean loaded.

LOOOAAAADDDDDEEEEDDDDD!!!!! And he means it! Quote him on it!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
LOOOAAAADDDDDEEEEDDDDD!!!!! And he means it! Quote him on it!!

Yes, please do. xcoolx

GATA
April 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Yeah it sort of is, but that is what you get scheduling FBS games every year and using one schedule slot for OOC H&H games. When it is your turn to go on the road against the FCS OOC opponent, you will only have 5 home games.

Well...I don't think Niamatalolo calls plays though. I'm pretty sure the guy knows what he's doing because he was with PJ for a long time however. I think the OC is named Irvin Jasper or something to that effect and he actually calls the plays.

T-Dog
April 30th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I think I can almost guarantee Eagles fans that the App/GaSo kickoff will be 3:30. xnodx

And as usual with Furman or Georgia Southern on alternate years, that game will be Black Saturday. xcoolx

Eaglesrus
April 30th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I think I can almost guarantee Eagles fans that the App/GaSo kickoff will be 3:30. xnodx

And as usual with Furman or Georgia Southern on alternate years, that game will be Black Saturday. xcoolx

Good deal, I like the time and loved our last Black Saturday visit!

T-Dog
April 30th, 2009, 11:51 PM
And for the record, that is for 2009, not 2010, which has no bearing on this schedule. :o

LOVE the 11/6 date for App/GaSo. Means it won't be 90+ degrees. Can you promise overcast skies and slight breeze for everytime App comes down like this past year? xthumbsupx

Oh and you might want to burn those blue pants? Last two times you've worn them you've lost to App by one point both times. xrulesx

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Oh and you might want to burn those blue pants? Last two times you've worn them you've lost to App by one point both times. xrulesx

Didn't know we wore the blue pants that year. I knew there had to be a logical reason for you guys shutting down the best offense in IAA/FCS history. D%&* those blue pants. xoopsx

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
GSU also announced today that we will be playing Alabama in 2011 and Georgia Tech in 2015 (thanks, PJ).

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=3731776&DB_OEM_ID=18700

Wow...5 years in a row with an FBS game. That's unprecedented for GSU.

T-Dog
May 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Didn't know we wore the blue pants that year. I knew there had to be a logical reason for you guys shutting down the best offense in IAA/FCS history. D%&* those blue pants. xoopsx

http://gsufans.com/images/7.jpg

http://gsufans.com/images/arm08.jpg

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101808aad.html

Georgia Southern donned blue pants instead of its traditional white for the first time since a 17-16 loss to Appalachian in Boone in 1999.

xrulesx