PDA

View Full Version : FCS alum, FBS season ticket holder

Sycamore51
April 29th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I'm an Indiana State alum and a pretty big supporter. My wife is a Louisville alum, former athlete, and pretty big supporter. We are Cardinal season ticket holders and go to every game and this year my trees are playing Louisville. Does anybody else ever run into this problem? It happened to me in basketball too. We had a suite in Freedom Hall and I was in my ISU blue. Didn't make many friends

89Hen
April 29th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I'm an Indiana State alum and a pretty big supporter. My wife is a Louisville alum, former athlete, and pretty big supporter. We are Cardinal season ticket holders and go to every game and this year my trees are playing Louisville. Does anybody else ever run into this problem? It happened to me in basketball too. We had a suite in Freedom Hall and I was in my ISU blue. Didn't make many friends
We have UD season tix and used to also have UVA season tix, but the Hens have never met the Hoos in football.

Appinator
April 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I personally can't wait for this conflict to occur in my family. I was a life long Tennessee fan before I went to App (both of my parents went to UT). My first real hatred of someone in sports was Steve Spurrier. But it would be AWESOME if we got to go to Neyland and play the Vols. I would have no problem walking into that place with Black and Gold on after a lifetime of Orange.

You should be proud and talk all the smack you can while the score is still 0-0.

elcid83
April 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Graduated from The Citadel and have had season tickets to South Carolina since Steve Spurrier came to town. In 1990, I got to watch my Bulldogs put a whipping on the Gamecocks in Williams-Brice Stadium. My son will be a freshman player at Gardner-Webb starting this fall so I'm giving up my Carolina tickets and it's back to the FCS for me.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

mcveyrl
April 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I personally can't wait for this conflict to occur in my family. I was a life long Tennessee fan before I went to App (both of my parents went to UT). My first real hatred of someone in sports was Steve Spurrier. But it would be AWESOME if we got to go to Neyland and play the Vols. I would have no problem walking into that place with Black and Gold on after a lifetime of Orange.

You should be proud and talk all the smack you can while the score is still 0-0.

I think that Tennessee refuses to play FCS opponents. Then again, so did Michigan...xeyebrowx

achrist70
April 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I think that Tennessee refuses to play FCS opponents. Then again, so did Michigan...xeyebrowx

I remember an AFLAC trivia question once was who were the five FBS schools never to play an FCS school and the answer was

USC
UCLA
Stanford
Notre Dame
Michigan State

89Hen
April 29th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I remember an AFLAC trivia question once was who were the five FBS schools never to play an FCS school and the answer was

USC
UCLA
Stanford
Notre Dame
Michigan State
Didn't they lose to Davis a couple years ago?

achrist70
April 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Didn't they lose to Davis a couple years ago?

You might be right Stanford was the one I couldn't remember for sure I do know that the other four are right.

89Hen
April 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
The last I-AA opponent for Tennessee was The Citadel in 1983. xeyebrowx

jmufan999
April 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM
first of all, great thread idea!

second, i TOTALLY had this happen a few years ago. my entire family is full of WVU fans, big time. all season ticket holders. well, JMU went to Morgantown a few years ago and got trounced, as you can imagine. i couldn't go to the game without wearing my purple... and believe me, it would have been a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea for me to do that. they are absolutely RELENTLESS to opposing fans. take that and the fact it would take a miracle to win... skipped the game and didn't think about it again. we also played WVU in bball i think the previous year and won in Harrisonburg, if i remember right.

89Hen
April 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM
my entire family is full of WVU fans, big time. all season ticket holders.... they are absolutely RELENTLESS to opposing fans.
First off, my heartfelt condolences to having a family full of WVU fans. :p They are relentless and rival Maryland fans for worst fans (to opponents) in my book.

Appinator
April 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM

They won't play FCS teams, but they allow themselves to get beat by a horrible Wyoming team. And people wondered why Phil got sent packing....

WUTNDITWAA
April 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Um. Yeah. I'll never have this problem. It's ASU or nothing for me and my family.

The day I'm a season ticket holder for a FBS team is the day ASU moves up to FBS.

TheBisonator
April 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM

USC
UCLA
Stanford
Notre Dame
Michigan State

NDSU played at Michigan State in 1930 and lost 19-11.

TheValleyRaider
April 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Graduated from Colgate, now attending TCU. Techinically, I get into all TCU games for free as a student, so I'm not sure if that counts, but I'm still a Horned Frog follower as well

Keeper
April 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
You might be right Stanford was the one I couldn't remember for sure I do know that the other four are right.

The other team on this list is Washington Huskies. xthumbsupx

HoyaMetanoia
April 29th, 2009, 09:17 PM
first of all, great thread idea!

second, i TOTALLY had this happen a few years ago. my entire family is full of WVU fans, big time. all season ticket holders. well, JMU went to Morgantown a few years ago and got trounced, as you can imagine. i couldn't go to the game without wearing my purple... and believe me, it would have been a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea for me to do that. they are absolutely RELENTLESS to opposing fans. take that and the fact it would take a miracle to win... skipped the game and didn't think about it again. we also played WVU in bball i think the previous year and won in Harrisonburg, if i remember right.

Morgantown is a god awful place. They have a high school stadium and their fans are absolute garbage to opposing fans. It'll serve them right when they go back to being mediocre year in and year out.

Sycamore51
April 30th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I can't stand WVU. When their fans come to Louisville they are drunk and obnoxious by halftime. On there behalf though, they do remember to put shoes on when they come to the city.

Pard 82
May 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
My wife is a Penn State alum, and we have Nittany Lion season tickets. I attended Lafayette College, but ever since we put a whuppin' on the Lions back in 1938, they have not scheduled us. Go figure. xsmiley_wix

gatadotcom
May 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
My wife is a Penn State alum, and we have Nittany Lion season tickets. I attended Lafayette College, but ever since we put a whuppin' on the Lions back in 1938, they have not scheduled us. Go figure. xsmiley_wix

Wasn't that the season before Penn State hired Joe P to be their "new" coach?

slycat
May 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Graduated from Colgate, now attending TCU. Techinically, I get into all TCU games for free as a student, so I'm not sure if that counts, but I'm still a Horned Frog follower as well

I'm going to try to make it up there for the Texas State game.

TheValleyRaider
May 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
I'm going to try to make it up there for the Texas State game.

There was talk a few weeks ago, at the Frogs' Spring Game, that TCU was trying to move the TSU game up to September 5 rather than the 19th xreadx

Haven't heard anything more about it on this end, you guys? xconfusedx

813Jag
May 3rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
I can't stand WVU. When their fans come to Louisville they are drunk and obnoxious by halftime. On there behalf though, they do remember to put shoes on when they come to the city.
they are horrible, I remember the last time they came to Ray J. There were reports of attempted rapes on the WVU women. All of this happened (allegedly) in front of Tampa PD (who will haul you out the stadium in a heartbeat). All because people were wearing shirts calling them couch burning hillbillies. The night only got worse for them as Pat White got hurt and they lost the game. All in all probably the best atmosphere at a USF game ever.

813Jag
May 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
First off, my heartfelt condolences to having a family full of WVU fans. :p They are relentless and rival Maryland fans for worst fans (to opponents) in my book.
I'd trade Maryland fans for LSU or Gator fans, gotta be the worse of the bunch. Especially the post 2006 Gator fans. xnonono2x

slycat
May 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
There was talk a few weeks ago, at the Frogs' Spring Game, that TCU was trying to move the TSU game up to September 5 rather than the 19th xreadx

Haven't heard anything more about it on this end, you guys? xconfusedx

No, Texas State is playing Angelo State that day. I'd be for it if it meant dropping Angelo State and picking up another FCS team on the 12th or 19th.

Texas State has the 12th open.

Sycamore51
May 4th, 2009, 07:22 AM
they are horrible, I remember the last time they came to Ray J. There were reports of attempted rapes on the WVU women. All of this happened (allegedly) in front of Tampa PD (who will haul you out the stadium in a heartbeat). All because people were wearing shirts calling them couch burning hillbillies. The night only got worse for them as Pat White got hurt and they lost the game. All in all probably the best atmosphere at a USF game ever. How are games at Raymond James? My dad is a season ticket holder down there and his brother in law is the incoming alumni pres.