PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you seen UNI on TV this year?

Reed Rothchild
November 30th, 2005, 09:21 AM
This is not a question for UNI fans. It is a questions for others, not in the Gateway, who think they know what kind of team UNI has.

Another question is, if the UNI/EWU game would have been on tv last weekend, could your opinion change for the UNH game?

Hansel
November 30th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Once live, about 4 times on TV (Iowa, Drake, Ill St, WKU maybe another one can't remember)

I was less than impressed watching the Ind St game, however Sanders wasn't playing....

bandl
November 30th, 2005, 09:28 AM
This is not a question for UNI fans. It is a questions for others, not in the Gateway, who think they know what kind of team UNI has.

Another question is, if the UNI/EWU game would have been on tv last weekend, could your opinion change for the UNH game?

In return...how many times have you seen UNH play?

LacesOut
November 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I think I've seen the University of Northern Illinois a few times on ESPN against Toledo or Akron or someone.

Haha! j/k Panther fans simmer down now. I know who your team is. Only time I've seen them is 2003 at UD though.

Reed Rothchild
November 30th, 2005, 09:33 AM
In return...how many times have you seen UNH play?

I saw them on TV last weekend. But all the A-10 people on here seem to know how this game will turn out despite the fact that they have never seen UNI play this year.

Reed Rothchild
November 30th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Haha! j/k Panther fans simmer down now. I know who your team is. Only time I've seen them is 2003 at UD though.

That was 2 years ago with 2 totally different teams.

LacesOut
November 30th, 2005, 09:57 AM
That was 2 years ago with 2 totally different teams.

I know. Relax man. That was my point.

Sense of humor anyone?? Or am I NOT THAT funny??

bandl
November 30th, 2005, 09:59 AM

You seem to be adding a good number of 'humor' posts recently...trying to get to that 1,000 mark before you go into AGS hibernation for the winter?? :p
I'll probably get to 500, then jump off the wagon for a while...

Reed Rothchild
November 30th, 2005, 10:00 AM

I think you're hiliarious, didn't catch your point at first. :nod:

JohnStOnge
November 30th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I saw them on TV vs. Iowa. I thought their offense did a remarkable job against the Hawkeyes. If they play their game I think they should be able to put up plenty of points against New Hampshire, as I think New Hampshire is susepct on that side of the ball. I say that both because Colgate was able to move the ball on them well and because their defensive statistics for the year are so bad.

The big question is if they can slow down UNH's offense enough to stay in the game, even with a good offensive performance. Couldn't tell much from them playing Iowa because I'm not going to slight a I-AA defense for "letting" Iowa's offense do well. I do know that UNI does not appear from the statistics to have a dominant defense either.

LacesOut
November 30th, 2005, 10:17 AM
You seem to be adding a good number of 'humor' posts recently...trying to get to that 1,000 mark before you go into AGS hibernation for the winter?? :p
I'll probably get to 500, then jump off the wagon for a while...

Ha! Naww, not trying to get to 1,000. Just trying to entertain myself and the AGS masses. Not successfully, I might add. But I think I may stick around in the off season, though, if traffic picks up over in the Lounge forum.

Reed, UNI is a very good team. Just to do what they did in the Gateway during the regular season earned my respect and was a hella accomplishment. Good luck against UNH. Wouldn't shock me if UNI won that game at all.

Grizo406
November 30th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I've seen both UNI, and UNH play, in person, once.

Absolutely loved the outcome of both games! :D

primetime21
November 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I watched the New Hampshire/Colgate game last night and although some things are difficult to determine depending on who you are playing.......I thought the quarterback from EWU saw the field better and was more athletic than NHU's quarterback. I am really looking forward to seeing how fast this team is. Now they were playing on a slippery field, but I was surprised how slow the offense seemed.

They are beatable. I, for one, am looking foward to a great game!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 30th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I haven't seen UNI on TV and even if I had, I wouldn't really be able to quantify their relative strength. Shoot, I can't do that when I watch other A-10 teams that I've also seen in person! Frankly, it amazes me the number of people who formulate such definitive opinions after watching one game on TV!!

As for me, I simply take the opinion that 16 very good teams make the playoffs and every game will provide a formidible opponent! Add in that every opponent that you've never played before brings another challenge to be overcome. And even when blowouts occur, it doesn't always mean the team stinks. Crap happens!

nmatsen
November 30th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I saw them on TV vs. Iowa. I thought their offense did a remarkable job against the Hawkeyes. If they play their game I think they should be able to put up plenty of points against New Hampshire, as I think New Hampshire is susepct on that side of the ball. I say that both because Colgate was able to move the ball on them well and because their defensive statistics for the year are so bad.

The big question is if they can slow down UNH's offense enough to stay in the game, even with a good offensive performance. Couldn't tell much from them playing Iowa because I'm not going to slight a I-AA defense for "letting" Iowa's offense do well. I do know that UNI does not appear from the statistics to have a dominant defense either.

Statistically our D is not the best by any means. As the year has progressed our Defensive stats have drastically improved, its kind of funny that we gave up more yards to Indiana State, Il State, Drake than we did to YSU, SIU and WKU. Funny huh? They have came a long way from the beginning of the season and we would not be where we are now without them and their bend but don't break ways.

Cocky
November 30th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Zero