PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly goes to extremes in the playoffs.

slostang
November 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Last week Cal Poly played at Montana and the temp was in the high 20's and low 30's with snow. This week they play Texas State and the temp is going to be in the mid 80's and they are loving every minute of it.

ThreadStopper
November 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Last week Cal Poly played at Montana and the temp was in the high 20's and low 30's with snow. This week they play Texas State and the temp is going to be in the mid 80's and they are loving every minute of it.

And on to New Hampshire the following week! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

DaGriz
November 29th, 2005, 10:06 PM
You guys win the championship you more than deserve it. At Montana, at Texas St, and then possibly at UNH then at Chatt. Ouch. Good luck with Texas St, I watched them against GSU Sat. You are going to have your hands full.

bcrawf
November 30th, 2005, 08:59 AM
The Top Half Goes Through THE DOME!!!

henfan
November 30th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, the Durham Dome. :)

UNHWildCats
November 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM
And on to New Hampshire the following week! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

AMEN but we're gonna have to send you back to California after that

Hansel
November 30th, 2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.mjuggler.de/bilder3/077779532520.jpg

slostang
November 30th, 2005, 12:11 PM
One game at a time. Cal Poly's football team is not thinking where they will be playing next week if they win, their only focus is the Texas State game this Saturday. If they are so lucky to win, I am sure they could care less where the are sent.

I as a fan wouldn't mind going to a dome after freezing my @ss off last week in Missoula, but I would be more than happy to freeze it off again if they beat a tough Texas State team this weekend.

Go Mustangs!!!

blackfordpu
November 30th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Saturdays forecast for San Marcos

high 82
0% chance of rain
winds from the south at 12mph
70% humidity

Tom W
November 30th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I hope that this game is on TV! It should be a great game to watch. I believe Cal Poly has a great opportunity to win this game, noboby has an idea how tough it is to play this defence and most notably GOCONG until they face him in person. The only team that was able to move the ball and score with success against Cal Poly was EWU and Meyer, and there is nobody in 1-AA who is as great at technically running the passing game. But, that took about half the game to figure out how to avoid the pass rush! If Cal Poly runs the ball well they win!

griz37
November 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I hope that this game is on TV! It should be a great game to watch. I believe Cal Poly has a great opportunity to win this game, noboby has an idea how tough it is to play this defence and most notably GOCONG until they face him in person. The only team that was able to move the ball and score with success against Cal Poly was EWU and Meyer, and there is nobody in 1-AA who is as great at technically running the passing game. But, that took about half the game to figure out how to avoid the pass rush! If Cal Poly runs the ball well they win!

The Griz ran the ball all over call Cal Poly in the 1st meeting & Gocong was not a factor. Unfortunately your defense adjusted for the playoff meeting & pretty much such Montana down.

Hansel
November 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM
This game is on ESPN2

Tom W
November 30th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I am a Cal Poly Alum, but my brother is the coach at EWU so this will be the first time I will actually be rooting for my old school.

GO MUSTANGS

DaGriz
November 30th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I am a Cal Poly Alum, but my brother is the coach at EWU so this will be the first time I will actually be rooting for my old school.

Tom "W" as in Wulff? EWU did well this year. Too bad for the loss at UNI, I was looking forward to EWU/UNH.

slostang
November 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM

GO MUSTANGS

Tom W,

I am glad that our game with EWU was not 61 minutes long, other wise we probably would not have won that game and we would not be playing this Saturday. Your brother is a hell of a coach and EWU is a hell of a team.

Tom W
December 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
It was a good year! A little disappointing but still alot of accomplishments for the program. I know you griz fans don't consider the EWU game anything more than just another game, but it seems more than that to me! Great passion and great football everytime the teams meet. I can't wain until next years game and I won't miss it!

Tom W
December 1st, 2005, 01:44 PM
Tom "W" as in Wulff? EWU did well this year. Too bad for the loss at UNI, I was looking forward to EWU/UNH.
DaGriz:
I'm just getting used to this chat stuff the last post was for you!

Tom W
December 1st, 2005, 01:50 PM
Tom W,

I am glad that our game with EWU was not 61 minutes long, other wise we probably would not have won that game and we would not be playing this Saturday. Your brother is a hell of a coach and EWU is a hell of a team.
Thanks for your compliments! It was great watching the best Defensive player in 1-AA playing the best Offensive Player in 1-AA! EWU could not stop the mustangs running game! Good luck Saturday I will be rooting for the Mustangs this weekend!

ASU Kep
December 1st, 2005, 06:20 PM
Tom W,

Indeed. In my bracket I had em going all the way to 'Nooga (losing to us :D ). Congrats on a great season, but man you guys screwed up my bracket. :bawling:

JohnStOnge
December 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
You guys win the championship you more than deserve it. At Montana, at Texas St, and then possibly at UNH then at Chatt. Ouch. Good luck with Texas St, I watched them against GSU Sat. You are going to have your hands full.

Kind of sounds, unfortunately, like Western Kentucky in 2002!

An interesting thing is Texas State got clocked by Cal Poly in 2004 and they clearly remember it. There will be no problem with overconfidence.

We'll see.