PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly 2009 Spring Game

slostang
April 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Defense Edges Offense in 2009 Cal Poly Spring Game

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. – Cal Poly’s defense stopped the offense on the final play for three points and a 29-28 victory in the 2009 Spring Game held Saturday afternoon in Alex G. Spanos Stadium. The Mustang offense under first-year head coach Tim Walsh scored a pair of touchdowns and a field goal, but they were not enough to overcome the defense’s 11 stops of offensive drives, including nine in which the offense did not gain ... (Read More)

Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=sports&tab=news&id=29891&article_id=69561

slostang
April 26th, 2009, 11:00 AM
More pictures...

slostang
April 26th, 2009, 11:00 AM
More pictures II....

coover
April 26th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the pictures, slostang.

I assume you were there. Do you have anything to add to the story linked above?

slostang
April 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM
The defense will carry this team early. Offense has some talent, but they are young. The play of the QB will determine how far they go next year. Tony Smith looked good on the openning drive. Harlan Prather looked the best yesterday passing, but I think it is Tony's job to lose. Might see some new competition this fall from freshmen DeLancelotti and Johnston.

There was a nice ceremony yesterday at the B-B-Q after the game honoring Mel Kaufman. They set up an annual award in his name for a player who is outstanding both on and off the field. LB Carlton Gillespie was the first named player of the Mel Kaufman award. From everything I have heard about Carlton, he was a great choice.