PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Loses QB to Season-Ending ACL

TexasTerror
April 24th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Back-up QB Jeff Welch has suffered a season-ending ACL injury. He just won't be ready to go this season and the Kats are now in a bind.

So that leaves the Kats with Randolph as the only scholarship quarterback on the roster along with walk-on Weston Glasser

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_113231751.html?keyword=secondarystory

Kats have two freshmen QBs coming in, but will need to add one, if not two this summer. Look for Blake Joseph (formerly of UH) and perhaps a JUCO QB...?

BEAR
April 24th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Does you QB going down make a difference? The issue isn't your QB....it's your coaches..:Dxnodxxeekxxlolx

BobcatTXST04
April 24th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Ouch! That's not good for you guys Terror. Shame to hear about your QB getting hurt like that. Maybe one of your younger QB's will turn out to be a real gem.

Good luck on the season!

3rd Coast Tiger
April 24th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Ouch! That's not good for you guys Terror. Shame to hear about your QB getting hurt like that. Maybe one of your younger QB's will turn out to be a real gem.

Good luck on the season!

I see you are somewhat new Texas State fan to the board showing empathy for TT. xlolx

BobcatTXST04
April 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I see you are somewhat new Texas State fan to the board showing empathy for TT. xlolx

Nah. Surprisingly as much ***** as the TXST guys and TT trade back and forth, we don't have that much animosity towards each other.

(insert 48-45 jab and snide comment about TXST being 'default' SLC champs conversation here.....)

Thundar
April 24th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Better than him getting arrested, at least he tried to help his team unlike NDSU's backupsxbawlingxxbawlingx

one for POT and the other for DUIxoopsxxoopsxxoopsx

darell1976
April 24th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Tough break SHSU. We lost our starter to graduation so we will have a newbe at QB. Hope for all the best for your backup.

g-webb1994
April 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, it was going to be tough to replace Bomar anyway...now this....tough break.

TexasTerror
April 24th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I think that if the UH transfer comes into the fold, we will be okay at QB. Did not say great, since he did not get a spring with the team - but I think it will help carry us over for a year before those stud HS QBs are ready.

slycat
April 24th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I think that if the UH transfer comes into the fold, we will be okay at QB. Did not say great, since he did not get a spring with the team - but I think it will help carry us over for a year before those stud HS QBs are ready.

Thats what I was thinking. Its things like this where transfer can really help.

LakesBison
April 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Texas Terror................

"Tough break SHSU. We lost our starter to graduation so we will have a newbe at QB. Hope for all the best for your backup"

Don't take advice from that team, ha ha.. thats laughable to think that Texas Terror cares what those guys think.

Rock on TT. see ya this fall!!

Native
April 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Back-up QB Jeff Welch has suffered a season-ending ACL injury. He just won't be ready to go this season and the Kats are now in a bind.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_113231751.html?keyword=secondarystory

Kats have two freshmen QBs coming in, but will need to add one, if not two this summer. Look for Blake Joseph (formerly of UH) and perhaps a JUCO QB...?

Sorry for the bad fortune, TT. Good luck!

katstrapper
April 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The QB situation at SHSU this year was bleak anyway. Jeff Welch, the kid who just went down with ACL injury, has really proven nothing since being recruited out of high school. He has struggled with learning the offense and really hasnt shown much improvement.

The current starter by default is Bryan Randolph, a junior college transfer from California. He had a great spring game by statistics, but just how consistent is he? Just how good will he be when the games begin? This is the problem when this coaching staff doesnt develop the young QB's.

Here was SHSU's current QB roster going into spring ball....

Bryan Randolph....Jr (JC transfer in 2008. Didnt hardly play at all last year)

Jeff Welch........Soph (Recurited out of high school and hasnt sniffed the field. Out with ACL injury)

Weston Glasser....Freshman (Walkon...No info on this kid)

Tyler Copeland..........Freshman (2009 high school recruit. Not on campus yet)

Kyle Webster............Freshman (2009 high school recruit.. Not on campus yet)