PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill: DSU to forfeit game vs A&T??

DSUrocks07
April 24th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Although there has been no "official" announcement as of yet. Due to the conflict of having two games scheduled for Oct. 17th, it appears that DSU is on the verge of officially forfeiting its conference game with A&T to play Michigan in Ann Arbor, What is the precedent for this. I understand this move on a financial basis but I still don't like it. I think that this will only build up bad blood between DSU and the rest of the MEAC and may start the ball rolling toward the Hornets leaving the conference.

gophoenix
April 24th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Maybe, still think you guys would be better off in the Big South, always have.

But from a personal level, I am not sure what I think about hanging close to an OOC game to play a money making game. That flies in the face of what a conference is for and basically says to me that conference play doesn't matter.

TexasTerror
April 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Although there has been no "official" announcement as of yet. Due to the conflict of having two games scheduled for Oct. 17th, it appears that DSU is on the verge of officially forfeiting its conference game with A&T to play Michigan in Ann Arbor, What is the precedent for this. I understand this move on a financial basis but I still don't like it. I think that this will only build up bad blood between DSU and the rest of the MEAC and may start the ball rolling toward the Hornets leaving the conference.

"Double-booking" is nothing new, even in this day and age. It's happened across numerous sports, including football and particularly, baseball. This would be the first forfeit, but I guess DSU has no choice because of the buy out.

bluehenbillk
April 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Sounds like the MEAC has finally sunk to the level of its own officiating.

GannonFan
April 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Wow. I mean that. Wow. We'll need to come up with a new term to add to Furmaning. Choosing to forfeit a conference game so that you can instead play a money game you have no chance of staying within 30 points of. Like I said, Wow. xrotatehx

Ivytalk
April 24th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Wow. I mean that. Wow. We'll need to come up with a new term to add to Furmaning. Choosing to forfeit a conference game so that you can instead play a money game you have no chance of staying within 30 points of. Like I said, Wow. xrotatehx

Yup. This sure won't be an App State-type shocker. More like 58-3.

andy7171
April 24th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Is it news that Del State is unhappy with the MEAC? This forfeit would start the ball rolling for entry into the Big South.

Chad4Life
April 24th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Why would the Big South Conference want a member who has shown a disregard for a conference game in their previous conference? If they can choose an OOC game over a MEAC conference game, they can do the same thing in the Big South.

UNI Pike
April 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM
That is flippin crazy - bush league if it happens.

jstate83
April 24th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Damm.xsmhx
Forfit a conference game for a money game?xsmhx

I'm sorry but if Playing Michigan is that important,then Del. St. need to suck it up and give up an open date to get that conference game in.
Never heard of this.

Seawolf97
April 25th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Not a good idea to forfeit a conference game for any amout of money.xnonono2x

eaglesrthe1
April 25th, 2009, 08:44 PM
That's a new low, if true.

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2009, 09:57 PM
AN' YA'LL WONDERED.....WHAA.....EDGAR.....WOODN'T GIVE 'EM......DUH TIME O' DAY....xnonono2x.....AWK!

3rd Coast Tiger
April 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I wonder what our biggest critic would have to say had this been us?

813Jag
April 27th, 2009, 07:31 AM
It would have been ugly. Because the MEAC is sooooooo much better than us. xreadx xrolleyesxAnd before it comes up we had a similar situation in 05 with UAPB, but at least nobody forfeited.

Libertine
April 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
So, in theory, could Del St be the first team in college football history to lose two football games on the same day?

Punchykky
April 27th, 2009, 11:18 AM
It would have been ugly. Because the MEAC is sooooooo much better than us. xreadx xrolleyesxAnd before it comes up we had a similar situation in 05 with UAPB, but at least nobody forfeited.

So where did you get the impression that the MEAC was better than the SWAC?xconfusedx

813Jag
April 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
So where did you get the impression that the MEAC was better than the SWAC?xconfusedx
It's been stated here many times by one particular poster. I'm not pointing fingers at any MEAC fans.

andy7171
April 27th, 2009, 11:37 AM
This is a wonderful ballet of strike avoidance.

GOODY26
April 28th, 2009, 10:40 AM
http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/d/changehascome.jpg

DSU has step in some deep dodo. They will pay a huge price for it.xnonox

jstate83
April 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM

http://www.phillydancescene.com/forum/images/smilies/ttaddict.gif
In unreal SWAC news............Blah, Blah, Blah!!!
xlmaox

jstate83
April 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
SO.....................................xwhistlex
Will DSU be competing for the MEAC title this year or will barring them be the penalty of dropping a conference game that count's for a OOC game for a payday?

blukeys
April 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Sounds like the MEAC has finally sunk to the level of its own officiating.

I always thought the terrible officiating in the MEAC held back the league as a whole. I have been catching MEAC games on a sporadic basis since the John Taylor days at DSU. Everytime someone complains about the CAA officiating, I remind them of Lafayette in 2004 and ASU in 2007.

DEX
April 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Last week I received a revised schedule with my season ticket order form and indeed DSU has been removed from A&T's schedule. This looks bad for the integrity of the conference but hey, it's out of our control. I guess we'll just take the W and $120k compensation that goes along with it and be satisfied.

nwFL Griz
April 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
So am I the only one that feels like it was bush league for Norfolk St to not help out a fellow conference member, simply because they didn't want to play 10 weeks in a row?

I mean, this was a chance to build some good-will in reserve, that possibly could have helped them out in the future.

And before anyone gets all uppity, I understand Delaware St should've cleared all this prior to signing the contract with Michigan. I'm just saying, this all could have easily been avoided.

danefan
April 28th, 2009, 03:27 PM
So am I the only one that feels like it was bush league for Norfolk St to not help out a fellow conference member, simply because they didn't want to play 10 weeks in a row?

I mean, this was a chance to build some good-will in reserve, that possibly could have helped them out in the future.

And before anyone gets all uppity, I understand Delaware St should've cleared all this prior to signing the contract with Michigan. I'm just saying, this all could have easily been avoided.

It just goes to show that the MEAC football conferernce (like most others) is nothing more than a scheduling arrangement. Norfolk should have seen the positives that DSU playing Michigan will bring to the MEAC. DSU screwed up by not clearing it first, but Norfolk not budging is a spiteful move, IMO. 10 games in a row is a small price to pay for a conference-mate to play one of the nation's most storied programs.

nwFL Griz
April 28th, 2009, 03:35 PM
It just goes to show that the MEAC football conferernce (like most others) is nothing more than a scheduling arrangement. Norfolk should have seen the positives that DSU playing Michigan will bring to the MEAC. DSU screwed up by not clearing it first, but Norfolk not budging is a spiteful move, IMO. 10 games in a row is a small price to pay for a conference-mate to play one of the nation's most storied programs.

Agreed. Also, tons of teams play the exact same schedule that DSU was asking NSU to play. Example, my Griz played, what...16 games in a row last year? NSU's reasoning for not changing is very spiteful.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 28th, 2009, 04:08 PM
From DSU's perspective, what makes more sense? Flying to Michigan, getting a six-figure payday and maybe getting a mention by Kirk Herbstreit? Or flying to North Carolina A&T to play in front of several thousand fans?

Here's another point. If Delaware State wins all of the rest of their games, they're probably the MEAC champion anyway. What's the likelihood that NCAT is in the title hunt? If the Hornets lose a conference game, they'd very likely be 8-3 anyway at a minimum (with an FBS loss) and probably wouldn't get an at-large bid (see: recent FCS playoff history). If they pulled an App State and/or beat Delaware, and lost another conference game, they'd still be a pretty good bet to make the playoffs.

While I hate to see leaguemates not play each other, one has to acknowledge that the fact that the MEAC extends from Dover to Daytona Beach is not an ideal arrangement for their members. And I agree that it's hard to believe that some arrangement with Norfolk State couldn't have been made.

Big Dawg
April 28th, 2009, 06:49 PM
This is sad.

ASU
April 29th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Michigan, if they win, will have their FIRST win over an FCS (1-AA) team. No wonder they wanted to play so badly.

GOODY26
April 29th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Agreed. Also, tons of teams play the exact same schedule that DSU was asking NSU to play. Example, my Griz played, what...16 games in a row last year? NSU's reasoning for not changing is very spiteful.

NORFOLK STATE COACH PETE ADRAIN LIKES TO HAVE A WEEK OFF DURING THE DURING THE FOOTBALL SEASON THERE NOTHING WRONG WITHTHAT. I REPECT YOUR OPINION ON THIS MATTER, HOWEVER I WOULDN'T CALL NORFOLK STATE MOVE SPITEFUL. DELAWARE STATE JUMP THE GUN ON THIS AND WANTED TWO MEAC SCHOOL TO CHANGE THEIR SCHEDULE FOR THEM TO PLAY MICH. NORTH CAROLINA A&T DID AGREE TO MOVE THEIR GAME WITH HORNETS, THEY OFFER NORFOLK STATE $25,000 TO MOVE OUR GAME WITH THEM. COMES NOW $25,000 WON'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF THE TRAVEL EXPENSES FOR THE FOOTBALL TEAM GOING UP TO DOVER ,DELAWARE STATE WASN'T ACTING IN GOOD FAITH. THE SCHEDULES WERE DRAW UP WAY BACK IN SEPTEMBER. I DON'T FAULT DSU FOR WANTING A MONERY GAME, I JUST THINK THERY COULD'VE GONE ABOUT THIS IN A DIFFERENT MATTER. THAT ALL.

http://media7.dropshots.com/photos/614002/20090414/183430.jpg

nwFL Griz
April 29th, 2009, 07:22 AM
NORFOLK STATE COACH PETE ADRAIN LIKES TO HAVE A WEEK OFF DURING THE DURING THE FOOTBALL SEASON THERE NOTHING WRONG WITHTHAT. I REPECT YOUR OPINION ON THIS MATTER, HOWEVER I WOULDN'T CALL NORFOLK STATE MOVE SPITEFUL. DELAWARE STATE JUMP THE GUN ON THIS AND WANTED TWO MEAC SCHOOL TO CHANGE THEIR SCHEDULE FOR THEM TO PLAY MICH. NORTH CAROLINA A&T DID AGREE TO MOVE THEIR GAME WITH HORNETS, THEY OFFER NORFOLK STATE $25,000 TO MOVE OUR GAME WITH THEM. COMES NOW $25,000 WON'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF THE TRAVEL EXPENSES FOR THE FOOTBALL TEAM GOING UP TO DOVER ,DELAWARE STATE WASN'T ACTING IN GOOD FAITH. THE SCHEDULES WERE DRAW UP WAY BACK IN SEPTEMBER. I DON'T FAULT DSU FOR WANTING A MONERY GAME, I JUST THINK THERY COULD'VE GONE ABOUT THIS IN A DIFFERENT MATTER. THAT ALL.

http://media7.dropshots.com/photos/614002/20090414/183430.jpg

Oh, I agree Delaware St could, and should, have gone about this a different way. And I don't fault your coach for wanting a week off during the season. That being said, at this level of football, and in these economic times it behooves conference members to look out for each other. Schedules get changed all the time, exactly like this situation. This was a time that NSU could have taken the higher road, helped out its conference mate, and built some good will in the process. The fact that they didn't, and the reasons given for not changing, are, for lack of a better term, spiteful.

And the $25,000 offer should have been enough. It was a token of goodwill. You guys are going to have to travel up there anyway, would DSU normally pay travel costs? Why would it matter if it was Nov 14, or Oct 3?

Libertine
April 29th, 2009, 07:51 AM
, THEY OFFER NORFOLK STATE $25,000 TO MOVE OUR GAME WITH THEM. COMES NOW $25,000 WON'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF THE TRAVEL EXPENSES FOR THE FOOTBALL TEAM GOING UP TO DOVER

So Norfolk State would rather travel up to Dover entirely on their own dime rather than move the date and have $25,000 of those costs covered?

FCS_pwns_FBS
April 29th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Well, at least now DSU will get to keep more of their big paycheck.

NSUSPARTAN
April 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Bottom line DSU or any conference member has to go through the MEAC office to move a conference game. DSU signed the deal with UM without going through the MEAC office. They should pay a heavy Fee for doing so! Like not being eligibile for the MEAC championship for 2 years! If not what is keep any school from dropping a conference game to make money if they are still eligibile for the championship? How can you have a true champion if they are eligibile?

WileECoyote06
April 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Bottom line DSU or any conference member has to go through the MEAC office to move a conference game. DSU signed the deal with UM without going through the MEAC office. They should pay a heavy Fee for doing so! Like not being eligibile for the MEAC championship for 2 years! If not what is keep any school from dropping a conference game to make money if they are still eligibile for the championship? How can you have a true champion if they are eligibile?

I agree. They should not be eligible for the conference title.

bosshogg
April 29th, 2009, 09:22 AM
situations like this is all the more reason why SC State needs to get out of this crap league.

Big South/SoCon send help!

Lehigh Football Nation
April 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
NORTH CAROLINA A&T DID AGREE TO MOVE THEIR GAME WITH HORNETS, THEY OFFER NORFOLK STATE $25,000 TO MOVE OUR GAME WITH THEM. COMES NOW $25,000 WON'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF THE TRAVEL EXPENSES FOR THE FOOTBALL TEAM GOING UP TO DOVER ,DELAWARE STATE WASN'T ACTING IN GOOD FAITH.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that $25K won't pay for a bus trip to Dover:

Driving directions to Dover, DE
192 mi – about 4 hours 7 mins

GOODY26
April 29th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I find it incredibly hard to believe that $25K won't pay for a bus trip to Dover:

We are talking about 65 football players and the coaching staff and trainers and other support personnel. Delaware stands to make $500,000 and all you offer is $25000 for our troubles to move the game. Come on now!xsmhx Delaware was wrong plain and simple.

blukeys
April 29th, 2009, 12:09 PM
We are talking about 65 football players and the coaching staff and trainers and other support personnel. Delaware stands to make $500,000 and all you offer is $25000 for our troubles to move the game. Come on now!xsmhx Delaware was wrong plain and simple.

Delaware is not playing Norfolk State. By the way what difference does it make how much DELAWARE STATE makes on it's game with Michigan. In the prior arrangement NSU was going to have to pay for a bus trip on it's own dime.

I know quite a few bus companies that would be ecstatic to do a team bus trip for 25,000. One of them takes Wesley College to the Norfolk area for games every year. Perhaps NSU needs to look into a new bus service.

GOODY26
April 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Delaware is not playing Norfolk State. By the way what difference does it make how much DELAWARE STATE makes on it's game with Michigan. In the prior arrangement NSU was going to have to pay for a bus trip on it's own dime.

I know quite a few bus companies that would be ecstatic to do a team bus trip for 25,000. One of them takes Wesley College to the Norfolk area for games every year. Perhaps NSU needs to look into a new bus service.

The problem is that the schedule was set by the conference seven months ago. I said in a early post I have no problem with Delaware State scheduling Michigan . Delware State was asking two schools to change their schedule without going the conference office. The Meac sided with Norfolk State and Delaware State might have to forfeit the game with North Carolina A&T and the possibility of the conference handing out more fines aginst Delawere State. Ok I meant to say Delaware State, I quite sure we wouldn't mind scheduling the Blue Hens of Delware. We own our own buses. thank you

GOODY26
April 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Blukeys, I meant to say Delaware State, sorry for that omission. Norfolk State own their own buses for your information no need to charter any buses. As I said in an early post more power to the Hornets scheduling Michigan. Norfolk State is not the bad guy here. Perhaps you need to look into what it take for a football team to travel to away games. Delaware State love it when the Spartans come to town, they always have a large crowd from Norfolk that show up. We are their money game.xsmiley_wix

nwFL Griz
April 29th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Norfolk State is not the bad guy here.

Maybe not the bad guy, but NSU had a chance to step up and be the good guy....

and they didn't. In fact, they did the exact opposite of being the good guy.

GOODY26
April 30th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Maybe not the bad guy, but NSU had a chance to step up and be the good guy....

and they didn't. In fact, they did the exact opposite of being the good guy.

nwFL Griz, I talked to the ahtletic director a couple of days ago, Norfolk State was being used. You can only help someone so much before they start taking your goodness for weakness. You have to stand for something or you"ll fall for anything.xpeacex

nwFL Griz
April 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM
nwFL Griz, I talked to the ahtletic director a couple of days ago, Norfolk State was being used. You can only help someone so much before they start taking your goodness for weakness. You have to stand for something or you"ll fall for anything.xpeacex

C'mon, seriously. Norfolk was being "used" because they were asked to move a game from Nov to Oct? (not an unreasonable request at all)

As I've said before, this situation is nothing that doesn't happen in just about every other conference in the FCS, and at times in FBS as well.

The situation doesn't reflect well on the MEAC as a whole, and it doesn't matter that DSU could've prevented it, NSU had the chance to step up. And they didn't.

GOODY26
May 1st, 2009, 06:26 AM
C'mon, seriously. Norfolk was being "used" because they were asked to move a game from Nov to Oct? (not an unreasonable request at all)

As I've said before, this situation is nothing that doesn't happen in just about every other conference in the FCS, and at times in FBS as well.

The situation doesn't reflect well on the MEAC as a whole, and it doesn't matter that DSU could've prevented it, NSU had the chance to step up. And they didn't.

nwlGriz, Yes the situation doesn't relfelect well on the Meac and you are right. The Meac is not a major football conference and it schools don't have the resources to pull out a game at a moment notice. There was several options going on here during this process and Delaware State assume that Norfolk State would fall in line with it and I said ASSUME here. nwlFl Griz you looking from the outside of this process. There was a lot of dealings that was were going on that you just don't know about and believe me the Spartans did try to step up as you say and were meet with a whole lot of bull. nwlGriz There were about seven schools that were envolved in this process and you think Norfolk State didn't step up

nwFL Griz
May 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM
nwlGriz, Yes the situation doesn't relfelect well on the Meac and you are right. The Meac is not a major football conference and it schools don't have the resources to pull out a game at a moment notice. There was several options going on here during this process and Delaware State assume that Norfolk State would fall in line with it and I said ASSUME here. nwlFl Griz you looking from the outside of this process. There was a lot of dealings that was were going on that you just don't know about and believe me the Spartans did try to step up as you say and were meet with a whole lot of bull. nwlGriz There were about seven schools that were envolved in this process and you think Norfolk State didn't step up

Ok, this will be my last post here, because no matter what I say you will never find any fault with NSU, and as a fan I suppose that's ok. And I am an outsider, which is a far more objective position to view this from...as I don't have a dog in this hunt. I couldn't care less if DSU forfeits every MEAC game, and is ineligible for the conference title forever.

I know full well how these negotiations work. I follow college football scheduling (FBS and FCS) perhaps more than I actually follow any of the games. I've seen the amount of shifting that often takes place, and the discussions that involve multiple schools.

But your "DSU assumed NSU would fall in line" quote gives away the very spiteful nature of how you, and if NSU feels like you do, and how NSU feel about this situation. Seems like you are feeling that no matter what, we are not changing the game because you didn't clear it through us first. You're gonna stick it to them evil Hornets, you're gonna teach them a lesson. When approached by a school like Michigan to play a game for a large payday, why wouldn't DSU assume NSU would "fall in line?" They are a conference mate, and by all rights, should fall in line. That's what conference mates do, especially since this particular schedule change involves 3, that's right 3 schools. NCAT agreed to change, and did so without requiring DSU to pay them anything, that's how a conference mate acts in this situation. I have seen some of the scenarios where it would involve 7 schools, but you bringing that up is very disingenious. It just deflects away from the fact that if NSU had agreed to move a game from Nov to Oct, this whole situation is avoided.

Now Goody, good luck to your Spartans this year. I'm done talking about this.

GOODY26
May 1st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Ok, this will be my last post here, because no matter what I say you will never find any fault with NSU, and as a fan I suppose that's ok. And I am an outsider, which is a far more objective position to view this from...as I don't have a dog in this hunt. I couldn't care less if DSU forfeits every MEAC game, and is ineligible for the conference title forever.

I know full well how these negotiations work. I follow college football scheduling (FBS and FCS) perhaps more than I actually follow any of the games. I've seen the amount of shifting that often takes place, and the discussions that involve multiple schools.

But your "DSU assumed NSU would fall in line" quote gives away the very spiteful nature of how you, and if NSU feels like you do, and how NSU feel about this situation. Seems like you are feeling that no matter what, we are not changing the game because you didn't clear it through us first. You're gonna stick it to them evil Hornets, you're gonna teach them a lesson. When approached by a school like Michigan to play a game for a large payday, why wouldn't DSU assume NSU would "fall in line?" They are a conference mate, and by all rights, should fall in line. That's what conference mates do, especially since this particular schedule change involves 3, that's right 3 schools. NCAT agreed to change, and did so without requiring DSU to pay them anything, that's how a conference mate acts in this situation. I have seen some of the scenarios where it would involve 7 schools, but you bringing that up is very disingenious. It just deflects away from the fact that if NSU had agreed to move a game from Nov to Oct, this whole situation is avoided.

Now Goody, good luck to your Spartans this year. I'm done talking about this.

GOT TO TAKE UP FOR MY SPARTANS. BELIVE ME WE DID TRY TO HELP DELAWARE STATE OUT HOWEVER, THERE WERE SOME FELLOW MEAC SCHOOLS WHO WOULDN'T STEP UP FOR MY SPARTANS, SO IT'S ALL GOOD. END OF CONVERSATION? NO I DON'T THINK SO, MORE TO COME STAY TUNE

NSUSPARTAN
May 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
What is the MEAC going to do to Delaware State for this?

danefan
May 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
What is the MEAC going to do to Delaware State for this?

Promote the hell out of the Del State-Michigan game.

If they don't, the rest of the MEAC schools should be upset.

UNHWildCats
May 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM
About 5 weeks ago I emailed Delaware State with a pretty easy schedule change they could make that would benefit the 4 teams involved in the move around..... I would hope they are still atleast exploring the idea.

Howard and Morgan State could move their game from October 17 to September 5.

North Carolina A&T moves their game with North Carolina Central from October 3 to October 24, and their game with Howard from October 24 to October 17.

These three moves open October 3 on A&Ts schedule where the Delaware State/North Carolina A&T game can now be played.

Meantime, Howard and Morgan State have gotten away from the dreaded week 1 bye, while North Carolina Central has made some friends in their future conference...

The assistant athletic director emailed me back saying she was forwarding it to the proper people.

YoUDeeMan
May 7th, 2009, 12:17 AM
About 5 weeks ago I emailed Delaware State with a pretty easy schedule change they could make that would benefit the 4 teams involved in the move around..... I would hope they are still atleast exploring the idea.

The assistant athletic director emailed me back saying she was forwarding it to the proper people.

There are no "proper people" when it comes to this issue. DSU and NSU "people" are being asses.

Go figure. xwhistlex

WileECoyote06
May 7th, 2009, 11:05 AM

I wouldn' t mind that so much. It would give us an extra week between Duke and App. State.

henfan
May 7th, 2009, 11:35 AM
There are no "proper people" when it comes to this issue. DSU and NSU "people" are being asses.

Go figure. xwhistlex

Maybe even add "MEAC people" to that list.

I mean, come on. If the conference doesn't have the gonads to step in and resolve this to everyone's satisfaction (or near satisfaction), what good is conference membership?xsmhx

DEX
May 9th, 2009, 02:15 AM
DSU has officially forfeited this game now.

As the result of the Oct. 17 Michigan game, an unintended scheduling conflict arose with the MEAC schedule. As a result, DSU will default a game with North Carolina A&T that was also scheduled for Oct. 17. This will appear in the 2009 regular season standings as a loss for DSU and a win for North Carolina A&T.

http://www.dsuhornets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_OEM_ID=12900&ATCLID=3735536

Libertine
May 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I know I'm going to get laughed at for asking this but, come playoff time, does the "win" over DSU count towards A&T's D1 win count?

By the way, this completely screws up my spreadsheet. Thanks a bunch, DSU.

UNI Pike
May 9th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Nothing like starting the fall season 0-1 in spring- that's wack.

appsfan
May 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM
So I guess A&T is the only 1-0 team in the '09 season for now.

YoUDeeMan
May 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe even add "MEAC people" to that list.

I mean, come on. If the conference doesn't have the gonads to step in and resolve this to everyone's satisfaction (or near satisfaction), what good is conference membership?xsmhx

Agreed. xnodx

The MEAC officials stood around and watched as though they were observing a TV show that had nothing to do with their reality.

Grab your donuts, sit back, and watch two of your teams yell at each other...whooooooo-wheeeeeee!

MEAC's 2009 slogan..."We have no balls."

bluehenbillk
May 11th, 2009, 07:40 AM
DSU has officially forfeited this game now.

http://www.dsuhornets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_OEM_ID=12900&ATCLID=3735536

Embarassing...more embarassing that they buried it in the 8th paragraph of the release. And people wonder why DSU & the MEAC lack much respect.

mizzoufan1
May 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
If this had been any other conference...the "DSU school" would be taken behind the woodshed with penalties and then "A&T school" would be compensated and then FORCED to move their game.

Or other solutions (like the one put up here) would come about.

I know that in the Big 12, the CONFERENCE controls who plays where and when when it comes to conference scheduling. Schedule moves made inside the conference then are asked for and granted if ALL agree.

Non-conference games are up to the individual institutions to deal with so long as they don't interfere with the conference.

nwFL Griz
May 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
If this had been any other conference...the "DSU school" would be taken behind the woodshed with penalties and then "A&T school" would be compensated and then FORCED to move their game.

Except "the A&T school" is not the one who wouldn't move their game. It is the "NSU school" that wouldn't move their game.

mizzoufan1
May 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Except "the A&T school" is not the one who wouldn't move their game. It is the "NSU school" that wouldn't move their game.

Oops! My bad. My apologies to NC A&T.

Big Dawg
May 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM
So I guess A&T is the only 1-0 team in the '09 season for now.

YIKES!!!xeekx