PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 2010

helmetman
April 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
This year they will have the create-a-school and in this article they say that they have FCS team logos so you can make the FCS teams. What do you guys think?
http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&ndmConfigId=1012492&newsId=20090423005059&newsLang=en

CrackerRiley
April 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
eh...
"Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will help users create authentic teams for NCAA Football 10."

EA could not be lazy and just put the teams in for us.

Disappointed that the PS3 version that I will be getting has the lame QB from Utah...

Uncle Rico's Clan
April 23rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hey at least its better than nothing, this at least gives me hope that they may put FCS teams back in the game at some point.

Appinator
April 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
This sucks. For everyone who does not believe in free market competition, here is a great example of why it is vital. EA has exclusive NCAA rights to this game and does pretty much nothing with it, except make it a college version of last year's Madden. Garbage.

gophoenix
April 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
This sucks, way to half a$$ it EA. For everyone who does not believe in free market competition, here is a great example of why it is vital. EA has exclusive NCAA rights to this game and does pretty much nothing with it, except make it a college version of last year's Madden. Garbage.

Yeah, what does several mean? SWAC/MEAC/IVY?

ValleyChamp
April 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Well, it is better than nothing. I guess we just have to do their work for them.

Can anyone get a list of what logos they will have?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
NCAA Football 10 will bring the excitement of college football to fans across the nation like never before with the all-new Season Showdown. In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition. After choosing a school to represent, players will earn credits in-game through head-to-head online matchups and single player modes. Credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown.

In other words, another useless subgame. And this is what they're going to use to push the game.

NCAA Football 10 introduces TeamBuilder, an all-new, online create-a-school feature that will enhance the user’s ability to produce personalized content. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will help users create authentic teams for NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

My interpretation of this is that the create-a-school feature will feed into the online experience of the game. In other words, you need to play online to download customized teams and reap the benefits. (In other words, if you care, build it yourself and then share your work with the world for no compensation.)

Since there's an online component to this, if you want to just play Dynasty mode with your favorite FCS team you may be out of luck (as in year's past). Also notice: no FCS playoffs, no create-a-conference, etc (sorry, 'infinite possibilities' doesn't hack it - to me that only means you can stick Appalachian State into the ACC.)

jmufan999
April 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
well, app state and UNI fans... at least you know that you guys (and JMU) will be on there (there were only 30-40 FCS teams in the ps2 version i had). better than nothing, but still lame. also, they don't have the accurate fight songs or stadiums. uniforms were fine.

BobcatTXST04
April 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
This sucks, way to half a$$ it EA. For everyone who does not believe in free market competition, here is a great example of why it is vital. EA has exclusive NCAA rights to this game and does pretty much nothing with it, except make it a college version of last year's Madden. Garbage.

xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Serioulsy though, even when they do put in FCS teams, they make them all the same generic team with different uniforms and logos. They also make them far weaker than they would be in reality. For example:

FBS teams such as SMU, FIU, UI, and USU were given something like D+/C-/D/C- for their power rankings while each and every FCS team was given D-/D-/D-/D-

Now, I would consider a lot of FCS teams to actually be stronger than some of those FBS schools and in fact should be given more attention than the same generic team with different unis and logos.

GaSouthern
April 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
NCAA Football 10 introduces TeamBuilder, an all-new, online create-a-school feature that will enhance the user’s ability to produce personalized content. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will help users create authentic teams for NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

I might be the only one but i'm excited... because i expect GSU to make the cut

Hopefully next year they will actually add the teams!

darell1976
April 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
What would be funny if UND made the cut and NDSU didn't.xlolx

mtgrizfan4life
April 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
I really do not know how much progress this really is. How long will it take for EA to give online users the ability to completely customize rosters for them? We do the work for them and eventually they make the additional revenue.

If the Montana GRIZ are one of the programs, I just hope WAGRIZ is close to accurate and they make the stadium loud. I guess it is a matter of waitiand see.

GaSouthern
April 23rd, 2009, 02:48 PM
I am sure the Griz logos will be available. I think every conference that has a FCS/I-AA championship should have their teams in the game at minimum this year.

helmetman
April 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
I am sure the Griz logos will be available. I think every conference that has a FCS/I-AA championship should have their teams in the game at minimum this year.
If they do not have logos for whatever team I can someone with that seeing as I have many FCS logos vectored. I also want to create the teams with as good as accuracy as possible. IF I can do this you will be able to download them online from me. I am a PS3 owner.

Redwyn
April 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
If they do not have logos for whatever team I can someone with that seeing as I have many FCS logos vectored. I also want to create the teams with as good as accuracy as possible. IF I can do this you will be able to download them online from me. I am a PS3 owner.

That's fantastic, considering I seriously doubt Stony Brook will be in the game.

Appinator
April 23rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
Another thing that stinks will be that they will probably only have the Yosef head logo (standard on all Sports Center highlights) and not our traditional block A (used on the sides of our helmets). I bet that this will be the case for a number of other schools too. Garbage.

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
My brother (who is a HUGE gamer) wrote a paper recently for a class on why EA Sports should be considered a monopoly and should not legally hold all the rights to sports video games. As far as I know, there's no legal loophole in existence where EA Sports should have legal rights to hold this monopoly. I thought we ended that shwat back in 1914 with Standard Oil.

TheBisonator
April 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
What would be funny if UND made the cut and NDSU didn't.xlolx

Of course that would happen in your little autistic dream world...

Reign of Terrier
April 23rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
I like these games, no matter what the people say (but I do agree FCS teams should be back and they should be better than they are).

One of my only problems is the defensive AI gameplay in the secondary. I love to rush the passer and I just don't play in the secondary. Bottom line is that 09 secondaries suck unless they have half the players in the 90s overall. I play Heisman and All-American and can score 30 points a game easily and the fact that the computer sucks on defense should not mean I let up 20 yards a pass (I can't sack them every play)

GATA
April 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
In other words, another useless subgame. And this is what they're going to use to push the game.

My interpretation of this is that the create-a-school feature will feed into the online experience of the game. In other words, you need to play online to download customized teams and reap the benefits. (In other words, if you care, build it yourself and then share your work with the world for no compensation.)

Since there's an online component to this, if you want to just play Dynasty mode with your favorite FCS team you may be out of luck (as in year's past). Also notice: no FCS playoffs, no create-a-conference, etc (sorry, 'infinite possibilities' doesn't hack it - to me that only means you can stick Appalachian State into the ACC.)

Don't worry about it.

I saw in some other article that there is no "create a conference", but you can edit the conferences and move teams around as long as the number stays the same...so you can add your created teams to a conference and take an FBS team out.

Also, the "team builder" will be able to be used in Dynasty Mode. The online component of the game is the fact that people can create their own team logos, uniforms, etc...and upload them and share with other people. (This will be especially helpful for Div II fans).

I expect that the game will probably already have the logos and stuff for teams from the CAA, SOCON, MEAC, SWAC, Ivies, Big Sky, etc...and if they don't, that stuff will all be available in an online database so you will be able to download your team's official logo and stuff like that...

ALSO...EA sports will NOT....i repeat....WILL NOT ...be adding the FCS teams to the game EVER. This is as good as you're going to get FCS fans because they simply cannot fit every FCS team onto the disc because it is already getting close to being maxed out. They have way too much stuff on it as it is and the "authentic stadiums" and the useless modes they have are taking up too much space.

GATA
April 23rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
My brother (who is a HUGE gamer) wrote a paper recently for a class on why EA Sports should be considered a monopoly and should not legally hold all the rights to sports video games. As far as I know, there's no legal loophole in existence where EA Sports should have legal rights to hold this monopoly. I thought we ended that shwat back in 1914 with Standard Oil.

because they don't have a monopoly on football video games. they have the exclusive right to use the NCAA teams in their video games...this is America...the NCAA doesn't have to be forced to make a contract with multiple video game companies allowing them to use their rights.

There is nothing stopping anybody else from making football video games, but it isn't worth the time if you don't have the right to use the logos. This is MORE the NCAA's fault than it is EA's fault.

If I were the NCAA I wouldn't even offer exclusive rights...I would just charge every video game company the same EXPENSIVE fee to use the rights and let them battle it out.

mvemjsunpx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
ALSO...EA sports will NOT....i repeat....WILL NOT ...be adding the FCS teams to the game EVER. This is as good as you're going to get FCS fans because they simply cannot fit every FCS team onto the disc because it is already getting close to being maxed out. They have way too much stuff on it as it is and the "authentic stadiums" and the useless modes they have are taking up too much space.

They already had FCS teams (and still do) on the PS2/XBox/Wii versions. I really doubt disc space is an issue. They could fit that stuff on those older generation DVD-ROM games, so I find it hard to believe they couldn't now. I'm pretty sure the lack of inclusion is for two reasons: 1) laziness (it'll sell anyway); 2) there isn't much demand for FCS teams to be included.

mvemjsunpx
April 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
If I were the NCAA I wouldn't even offer exclusive rights...I would just charge every video game company the same EXPENSIVE fee to use the rights and let them battle it out.

That wouldn't make a difference. EA's NCAA Football competition (namely 2K Sports) waved the white flag and stopped making their game well before the exclusive contract was signed. Unless things have changed dramatically in the last 5 years, it appears no-one other than EA wants anything to do with making a college football game (other than the much smaller scale Black College Football Experience).

JetsLuvver
April 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I'd think they'd at least include all the FCS "counters" in the game, in order to keep Dynasty/Season schedules from being filled with games against "FCS East" (Don't know if they still do this), or leaving schools with FCS opponents one game short (The old non-EA college football games would do this).

Skjellyfetti
April 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
I'm not buying a new NCAA football game until all FCS are in it. I can keep playing 2005 for the XBOX on my 360... it has every team. The only thing better about the newer games are the graphics... and I could care less about the graphics.

already123
April 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
better than last years, at least

blackcaesar3k5
April 24th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I'm rent it before buying though...

helmetman
April 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Here is an IGN article about the create-a-team feature. This is not an in depth look but it gives you a nice window into the feature.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/975/975993p1.html

thmst30
April 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I would rather them include FCS, BUT this feature seems very in-depth and creating FCS teams ourselves in certainly possible. You can upload any picture you want as your logos, and everything is HIGHLY customizable. Here is a quick first look video running through the Team Builder feature.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14324472/ncaa-football-10/videos/ncaa_teambuild_p1.html

PLUS App. St. fans you can see in the video that the block A logo is included already as an optional logo!

GATA
April 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
They already had FCS teams (and still do) on the PS2/XBox/Wii versions. I really doubt disc space is an issue. They could fit that stuff on those older generation DVD-ROM games, so I find it hard to believe they couldn't now. I'm pretty sure the lack of inclusion is for two reasons: 1) laziness (it'll sell anyway); 2) there isn't much demand for FCS teams to be included.

I'm well aware that the old consoles still have FCS teams, but what good does that do the millions of people who buy the game for the new console?

Also, the old generation games didn't have the same frame rate or detailed stadiums (which take up a TON of space).

I'm dead serious when I say the disc couldn't handle over 100 more teams.

GATA
April 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I would rather them include FCS, BUT this feature seems very in-depth and creating FCS teams ourselves in certainly possible. You can upload any picture you want as your logos, and everything is HIGHLY customizable. Here is a quick first look video running through the Team Builder feature.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14324472/ncaa-football-10/videos/ncaa_teambuild_p1.html

PLUS App. St. fans you can see in the video that the block A logo is included already as an optional logo!

Looks like they also have Cornell, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Chattanooga, and Bethune-Cookman...(those are just the ones that I could make out from the video).

However, with the ability to upload your own logo it really doesn't matter whether your team's logo is already in the game or not. Like I said before...this will be awesome for Georgia State fans and other schools who are starting programs as well as Div. II and Div. III fans.

Also, GSU fans should take notice that you can indeed copy the Alabama-Style helmet with the numbers on the side...so GSU should be fairly easy to create.

ChinStrapPenguin
April 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I am a huge FCS fan like everyone else on here and I love to play this game. However, other than us, there are not many people who get excited about FCS teams in this game. There is just not enough interest for EA to justify spending time on creating FCS teams and stadiums. This is why FCS rosters are only updated every 4 or 5 years on the versions that do include them.

mvemjsunpx
April 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm well aware that the old consoles still have FCS teams, but what good does that do the millions of people who buy the game for the new console?

Also, the old generation games didn't have the same frame rate or detailed stadiums (which take up a TON of space).

I'm dead serious when I say the disc couldn't handle over 100 more teams.

Based on what I found here (http://www.360-hq.com/postt3772.html), NCAA Football 09 took up about 6.3 GB. Dual-layer DVDs hold about 9 GB. Even if there isn't enough space to do every FCS team, there should be enough for some of them (like in the older versions). Given the hard drive & XBox Live, they could be made as downloadable content, as well, in case they don't quite fit on the disc. That's kinda the direction they're going with NCAA Football 10, but I was thinking in a more official capacity. The main issue with using create-a-team to create FCS teams is that you (or some other user that uploads it) has to edit the rosters and player ratings manually. I tried editing rosters with accurate player ratings for several FCS teams for the PS2 version a couple years ago & it takes frickin' forever.

Hail-Hail
April 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Don't worry about it.

C'mon man don't give me that maxed the disk out bullcrap. No offense because it is plausible but c'mon man. Sony uses Blu-Ray which has Titanic disk space and Xbox has done some remarkable stuff with Downloadable Content paks. Have you seen the stuff for Rockband and Grand Theft Auto. That disk space garbage is a cop out and we all know it. EA needs to cut the crap and either come up off the exclusivity deal or come out and say "we have no effing intention of paying attention to anything other than FBS football". I'm not even gonna lie I would not mind paying a little for some FCS Downloadable Content because if money is the issue this is the best way for all parties to be satisfied no matter how retarded it may be. No attack on you GATA but I just hate the "disk is maxed out" excuse.

madisonfan87
April 24th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I'm not buying a new NCAA football game until all FCS are in it. I can keep playing 2005 for the XBOX on my 360... it has every team. The only thing better about the newer games are the graphics... and I could care less about the graphics.

Right on, I do the same.