PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite Sure What to Think of This...RALPH!!

BigApp
November 29th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Returning talent could spur another playoff run
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
By CORKY BLAKE
The Express-Times

Anygivensaturday.com Web site poster "Big App" inquired after his beloved Appalachian State Mountaineers eked by Lafayette 34-23, "Whew, what happened to that cupcake draw we were supposed to have?"

The Southern Conference champion, a team talked about to win the NCAA Division I-AA championship, discovered Saturday afternoon that coach Frank Tavani's Leopards possessed sharp teeth in the tournament's first round.

The 15th-seeded Leopards held a 17-10 halftime lead, kept it tied 20-20 going into the fourth quarter, and had a chance to erase a 27-23 deficit with 7:04 remaining.

But the second-seeded Mountaineers, spurred on by 6,000 rowdy fans, rode defensive end Marques Murrell's sack of Pat Davis and subsequent fumble recovery at the Leopard 26. The second Richie Williams-to-Daniel Bettis TD pass sealed the outcome. ...

The conclusion? There will be enough talent available in '06 for the Leopards to be back in the playoffs for a third straight season, waiting to be another "cupcake" opponent for a highly ranked team from an I-AA power conference.

Corky Blake can be reached at 800-360-3601 or by e-mail at [email protected]

© 2005 The Express Times
© 2005 PennLive.com All Rights Reserved.

89Hen
November 29th, 2005, 11:02 AM
:eek: I thought you were kidding. :bow:

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/expresstimes/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1133258763110660.xml&coll=2

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Then its a first: AGS board mentioned in mainline press. The Express-Times is in Easton, PA, home of the aforementioned 'Pards.

Cincy App
November 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Big App - you're famous!! Any signing parties lined up?

BigApp
November 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
:cool: Eat yer heart out Cap'n Cat! :beerchug:

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2005, 12:17 PM
BigAPP - I heard it was a real close call. One of the other posters AppTed or similar had posted early in the game "how are we losing to this GD high school team"... :smiley_wi

BigApp
November 29th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Then its a first: AGS board mentioned in mainline press. The Express-Times is in Easton, PA, home of the aforementioned 'Pards.

Just to set the record straight with Leopard fans (in case I need to), my post was in jest to those on this board who thought we'd have a cakewalk or easy bracket.

Thanks!

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I knew that :) BUT AppTed was NOT kidding. Course he was calling for a fumble on the trick end zone play and everything else! I assume they didn't televise it down there? I'm looking for a tape of the game.

Cap'n Cat
November 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
:cool: Eat yer heart out Cap'n Cat! :beerchug:

Now, hold on there, Pilgrim!

xazzx

"Cap'n Cat" was mentioned last year in an article from a newspaper in Texas (I believe) and in one this year in Iowa, so I think you're simply followin' in the big guy's footsteps, young 'un.

http://hoover.archives.gov/exhibits/HollywoodCowboys/leading%20men/JOHN%20WAYNE.jpg
"I'm-a gettin' good and godda___ed sick-a these little upstarts a-nippin' at the heels of The Cap'n, godda____it"

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

BigApp
November 29th, 2005, 01:05 PM
yeah, but were you the LEAD of the story....
xazzx

November 29th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Gee, someone actually reads this lil ol board?

Cap'n Cat
November 29th, 2005, 01:13 PM
yeah, but were you the LEAD of the story....
xazzx

First sentence, com-pa-dre!

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

Seriously, good article!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

SeattleGriz
November 29th, 2005, 03:15 PM
First sentence, com-pa-dre!

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

Seriously, good article!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The article has to be about football Cap'n. When it starts out as:

"The infamous Cap'n Cat from the AGS board declares he gets more ass than a toilet seat"

That doesn't count. :xmas:

Cap'n Cat
November 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM

"The infamous Cap'n Cat from the AGS board declares he gets more ass than a toilet seat"

LMFatAO!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Obviously, guys, Cap'n Cat is a big talker when it comes to the ladies. Heck, the last piece of ass I got was yesterday when my finger broke through the toilet paper!

Ta-DUM!!!!

xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

blur2005
November 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM

xlolx xlolx

That was pretty good.

BigApp
November 30th, 2005, 08:13 AM
:cool: Cap'n, in the future, you need to address me as BigApp, Media Darling...

BTW, TO called and griped about how I was stealing column inches from him. Boy was he pissed!

Then Rosenhaus called, was asking a bunch of questions about my bright future and that he wanted to represent me and all. Said I seemed to have a way with the media and he needed a better class of talent to represent than his current clientele...All I could say to him was:

"NEXT QUESTION" :cool: