PDA

View Full Version : URI Spring Practice 4/18

Cobblestone
April 18th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Went to watch a spring practice scrimmage today. Here are just some quick thoughts.

I was impressed with our passing game.

We need some work on our long snaps.

It looks to me like Etienne (Rutgers transfer) will be our starting QB, I see no reason why not.

Impressive performances by WR's Evans, Shields, Bynum and Leonard. It looks like we're pretty deep at that position.

Defense it looks like Glenn & Hansen will be the leaders. Hansen had a pick and took it the length of the field for a TD. Some nice coverages from Glenn. I wouldn't be too surprised if he makes the All-CAA team this season.

I like what I see from Trainer. He seems to have the team motivated and disciplined; very similar style to Rizzi's.

I plan on attending the Blue vs. White game next Saturday and will come on the board with some additional thoughts.

jpincince
April 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the post. I couldn't make it due to a conflicting U10 soccer game. Etienne has a rifle of an arm, doesn't he? I hope they can protect well enough so he has time to use it.

Ram Ball
April 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the update. I was at the Rhody baseball game yesterday, but will be at the Blue-White game next Saturday.

Bos8
April 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Thank you for the updates. Let us know how the Spring game goes.

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Look at all the URI guys!!!!xthumbsupx

I would expect a really really big tail gate to welcome us in a couple years if this keeps up.xnodx

Cobblestone
April 20th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Look at all the URI guys!!!!xthumbsupx

I would expect a really really big tail gate to welcome us in a couple years if this keeps up.xnodx

Just bring the Tuckerman's (again) and I'll show up (again). xnodx