View Full Version : OH MY GOSH...CEDAR FALLS, IOWA WEATHER

Chi Panther
November 28th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Good week of weather for UNI to prep for UNH......Farley has the boyz working outside......
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Cedar Falls, IA (50613) On The Spot Weather

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance Wind Speed High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation UV Index
Tonight
Nov 28 Rain / Snow / Wind
N/A/25° 80%
From the West Southwest
24mph

Tue
Nov 29 Snow Shower / Wind
28°/18° 60%
From the West Northwest
22mph
Check Ski Area Forecasts

Wed
Nov 30 PM Snow Showers
30°/18° 30%
From the West
7mph

Thu
Dec 1 Partly Cloudy / Wind
26°/9° 20%
From the Northwest
24mph

Fri
Dec 2 Few Snow Showers
27°/14° 30%
From the East
10mph
Check Ski Area Forecasts

Sat
Dec 3 Few Snow Showers
26°/10° 30%
From the East Southeast
14mph

Sun
Dec 4 Few Snow Showers
26°/7° 30%
From the North Northwest
15mph

Mon
Dec 5 Few Snow Showers
20°/8° 30%
From the North Northwest
13mph
Check Ski Area Forecasts

Reed Rothchild
November 28th, 2005, 07:39 PM
They'll bring out the portable lights and make sure those guys are having fun on that practice field for sure!!!

Cap'n Cat
November 28th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Chi,
I can't get over that EWU player pic in your sig!

LMFatAO!!!!!!!

http://www.easterneronline.com/vimages/shared/vslideshow/slide_images/small.slide_4387e611815ee9.27444942_4387.jpg
"Sheeeeit, Ma and Pa ain't never gonna believe THIS! You mean we gotta PLAY here????"

xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :) :) :) :nod: :nod: xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

igo4uni
November 28th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Beautiful Iowa weather.

peace

igo4uni

txstatebobcat
November 28th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I think that I can safely say from both Cal Poly and TxSt fan perspectives. GO UNI!!!!!!

which ever team wins our battle would have a tough, tough time winning in New Hampshire.

PantherMan
November 28th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I think that I can safely say from both Cal Poly and TxSt fan perspectives. GO UNI!!!!!!

which ever team wins our battle would have a tough, tough time winning in New Hampshire.

And if Cal Poly beats you guys, they're screwed either way! :hurray:

grizband
November 28th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Game time temp in Missoula was about 31 degrees last Saturday, alot lower with wind chill. I think Cal Poly will be okay wherever they have to play.

Hansel
November 28th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Typical Iowa weather, rain in the morning freezes, then it snows in the afternoon and I have to scrape a inch of ince off my f'ing windshield

Hansel
November 28th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Game time temp in Missoula was about 31 degrees last Saturday, alot lower with wind chill. I think Cal Poly will be okay wherever they have to play.
They also beat us in the Fabulous Fargo Dome last year :o

bcrawf
November 28th, 2005, 09:57 PM
You must understand that this team is different. No UNI team has ever had the mental toughness this one does. Being outdoors will not affect us. We went in front of 72,000 at Kinnick and played with Iowa and we all know UNH is no where close to Iowa.

It is snowing like mad in CF right now, it may be nicer in Durham on Saturday.

PS- If EWU had won would the game still be at 11 am EST. That is 8am their time?? :confused:

GannonFan
November 28th, 2005, 10:04 PM
It was mighty cold in Cedar Falls in the week leading up to the Delaware game in '03, still didn't change the outcome. Being 2-for-the-road in the history of the playoffs, with the 2 wins being nailbiters over OVC teams, is a mighty telling stat - eventually when a stat is that consistent over so many years it starts to be more of an omen. If the players are as intent on telling themselves that the weather doesn't matter as the fans are there may not be much time to go over the gameplan.

PantherMan
November 29th, 2005, 12:04 AM
It was mighty cold in Cedar Falls in the week leading up to the Delaware game in '03, still didn't change the outcome. Being 2-for-the-road in the history of the playoffs, with the 2 wins being nailbiters over OVC teams, is a mighty telling stat - eventually when a stat is that consistent over so many years it starts to be more of an omen. If the players are as intent on telling themselves that the weather doesn't matter as the fans are there may not be much time to go over the gameplan.

That Delaware team was a lot more intimidating than this UNH squad. Your defense was as tough as your offense, probably tougher. UNH will score points on UNI, but we've got the firepower to get them right back. I really see this game as coming down to who coughs up the ball first or who has the ball last. If UNI can keep UNH from gaining a head of steam early, we'll hang. xprost2x

txstatebobcat
November 29th, 2005, 09:41 AM

No offense, but Missoula(sp?) Montana weather is overrated. Last year's playoff proved that to me. Your crowd, the elevation, and most importantly your team have more to do with the Griz's success in Missoula.

Also keep in mind that its extremely difficult to beat the same team twice in one season.

GannonFan
November 29th, 2005, 09:53 AM
That Delaware team was a lot more intimidating than this UNH squad. Your defense was as tough as your offense, probably tougher. UNH will score points on UNI, but we've got the firepower to get them right back. I really see this game as coming down to who coughs up the ball first or who has the ball last. If UNI can keep UNH from gaining a head of steam early, we'll hang. xprost2x

But the view of that Delaware team was more after the fact - a lot of the talk leading up to that game by UNI faithful was how UD's defeat of SIU the week before was more due to SIU being so new to the playoffs after a long hiatus, the fact that UD got some turnovers early, etc. Heck, even before the SIU game most of the talk on the Gateway board was about where the SIU/N.Iowa rematch was going to be played. Maybe UNH will be something similar, where people say afterwards that they were a much better team than what people were saying before their playoff run?