PDA

View Full Version : USD Now With Nine FCS Opponents

Lehigh Football Nation
April 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/yb/128691910

The University of South Dakota football team will host Drake University on Sept. 19, 2009, at the Dakotadome in Vermillion, S.D. The Drake game will replace the game with Wisconsin-Stout that was originally scheduled for Sept. 19. The Coyotes will now play nine FCS opponents in 2009. Drake is in Des Moines, Iowa, and competes in the Pioneer Football League. Drake and USD will meet for a 17th time in school history, with the Bulldogs leading the all-time series, 11-5. The first meeting was in 1918 and the last meeting was in 1972, with USD winning that contest, 28-23.

xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
April 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
That's a great addition for USD, especially since it replaces a sub-Div I game. Great job at the transition and good job with all the SLC schools on your slate.

mmiller_34
April 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
USD duplicating SDSU's scheduling habits. If I remember correctly, SDSU played a good handful of Southland opponents during transistion.

Gil Dobie
April 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
USD duplicating SDSU's scheduling habits. If I remember correctly, SDSU played a good handful of Southland opponents during transistion.

The SLC has been a great friend of the Dakota schools during the transition period. NDSU also played quite a few games with them.

GeauxLions94
April 15th, 2009, 05:12 PM

Looking forward to coming to Vermillion in late September. xthumbsupx

Hope to get to Brookings, Fargo and Grand Forks in the near future

ValleyChamp
April 15th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I just saw on ESPN, that USD is officially joining the Summit League.

Hambone
April 15th, 2009, 08:05 PM

UND also played SE Louisiana last year and gets Northwestern St., Stephen F Austin and Central Arkansas this year. I believe Northwestern St. is making the return trip to Grand Forks next year and Central Arkansas will be returning in 2011. The Southland definitely has been good to the Dakotas. xthumbsupx