PDA

View Full Version : JSU Stadium Expansion Pictures 4.13.09

Cocky
April 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
http://www.jsufan.com/Paul%20Snow/4-13-09/index.html

FullertonTitanTexan44
April 14th, 2009, 07:25 AM
very nice stadium! How many ppl will it hold?

JSU02
April 14th, 2009, 11:45 AM
very nice stadium! How many ppl will it hold?
The Athletic Department website currently says 24,000, but previous newspaper articles have said 20K-22K, so no one really knows. I think part of it has to do with how much room you allow a "seat" to be. It could probably sit 24K 18yr old sorority girl rear-ends, but closer to 20K middle-aged biscuit eating, pre-diabetic fan rear-ends. xsmiley_wix

JSU02
April 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Here are some J-day Game pics taken the same day as well.

http://www.jsufan.com/football/2008/J-Day%20Game/Page%201/index.html

MaroonDoom
April 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Lookin good. May see it in person in late Nov.

MoreheadEagle
April 14th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Looks great. Any chance y'all are going to update the stadium around the field. I think some brickwork covering the concrete would look great. I also like how you're mixing a student residence hall into the new press/skybox building. That's a great idea and Morehead should look at it when we rebuild Jayne Stadium.

Cocky
April 14th, 2009, 01:07 PM
The Athletic Department website currently says 24,000, but previous newspaper articles have said 20K-22K, so no one really knows. I think part of it has to do with how much room you allow a "seat" to be. It could probably sit 24K 18yr old sorority girl rear-ends, but closer to 20K middle-aged biscuit eating, pre-diabetic fan rear-ends. xsmiley_wix

Better get them in before the freshman 20.

JSU02
April 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Looks great. Any chance y'all are going to update the stadium around the field. I think some brickwork covering the concrete would look great. I also like how you're mixing a student residence hall into the new press/skybox building. That's a great idea and Morehead should look at it when we rebuild Jayne Stadium.

Prior to the installation of our synthetic turf a few years ago we had padded red panels that covered the concrete at the bottom of the stands all the way around. Since the stands are closer to the field than almost any other stadium, I would have thought they would have replaced them by now for the players sake, but no such luck yet.

Here is a pic with the red padding
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?evgroupid=0&userid=stlatham&gallery_id=829204&tcount=864&scount=89&sku=2

jsugamecocks1
April 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
the word around campus is that the dorm at the stadium is going to be a honors dorm that you have to mantain acertian GPA to be able to live there

Redbirdz
April 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
24,000 with the capability to expand to 35,000

Cocky
April 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
the word around campus is that the dorm at the stadium is going to be a honors dorm that you have to mantain acertian GPA to be able to live there

So players can't live there.

SandMountainDemon
April 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Prior to the installation of our synthetic turf a few years ago we had padded red panels that covered the concrete at the bottom of the stands all the way around. Since the stands are closer to the field than almost any other stadium, I would have thought they would have replaced them by now for the players sake, but no such luck yet.

Here is a pic with the red padding
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?evgroupid=0&userid=stlatham&gallery_id=829204&tcount=864&scount=89&sku=2

Uh, bubba, that's just red paint, not red padding. I walked those very sidelines for over six years, both pre and post turf, and those walls never had any type of padding on them.

hippy@GSU
April 14th, 2009, 06:40 PM

Very nice looking stadium.

I was wondering... If a student doesn't enjoy the game of football and his/her living quarters are a part of the stadium, then that must be a miserable place on saturdays. Trying to study, sleep, or whatever will be impossible.

apaladin
April 14th, 2009, 11:29 PM
It won't be long until JSU becomes another Troy, lost in the 1-A, FBS wanna be world forever.

JSU02
April 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Uh, bubba, that's just red paint, not red padding. I walked those very sidelines for over six years, both pre and post turf, and those walls never had any type of padding on them.

Well i guess if you put enough coats of paint onto something it looks padded xlolx

Cobblestone
April 15th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Beautiful. It should be a nice recruiting tool for your program.

Saint3333
April 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM
It won't be long until JSU becomes another Troy, lost in the 1-A, FBS wanna be world forever.

Coming from someone that doesn't have an option.

Redbirdz
April 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I don't think Troy would want to go back.

JSU02
April 15th, 2009, 08:47 PM
24,000 with the capability to expand to 35,000

Is that with an upper deck on the north side?

Redbirdz
April 15th, 2009, 10:36 PM
The increased seating now under construction includes a deck attached to a 7-story tower on the north side. Any later expansion would be on the existing southside. This is going to be a major change in the stadium appearance and will give JSU a big time look for the 2010 season with the opening game against Chattanooga following a road trip to Ole Miss.

Cocky
April 15th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Maybe we will need to add another 35,000.

JSU02
April 15th, 2009, 11:38 PM
The increased seating now under construction includes a deck attached to a 7-story tower on the north side. Any later expansion would be on the existing southside. This is going to be a major change in the stadium appearance and will give JSU a big time look for the 2010 season with the opening game against Chattanooga following a road trip to Ole Miss.

I was referring to the 11k that would take it from 24k to 35k. with the dorm behind the new press box, I don't see how there would be any room to add more seats on the south side once construction in finished in 2010. I would think those seats would have to be added above the current home side and/or in the west end zone where the fieldhouse is...

Redbirdz
April 15th, 2009, 11:45 PM
The current home side is always available for an expansion but there are no current plans to do that. The 24,000 should be quite ample at present.

SandMountainDemon
April 15th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Which "current home side" are you referring to? The press box side or the currently under construction side? The possibilities of expanding on the press box side are limited due to the need for the use of Trustee Circle (or whatever the hell its name is) that loops behind the bookstore. If there is to be any further expansion, it would have to go on the south side of the stadium....seating above the skyboxes, or do something similar to Fenway Park, instead of seats above the Green Monster, do seating above the field house. LOL!

JSU02
April 15th, 2009, 11:58 PM
The current home side is always available for an expansion but there are no current plans to do that. The 24,000 should be quite ample at present.

LOL

I agree, but I was just wondering where your "24,000 with the capability to expand to 35,000" came from.

jsugamecocks1
April 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM
as of next year trustee circle will be closed and students will not be able to drive on campus they are telling us at school that we will have to park at the gym and walk to classes or catch the new transit system that is supposed to be in place

SandMountainDemon
April 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Transit system? Walk from the "Pete" or the Stone Center? Have they gone nuckin' futs? Quite honestly, I don't see it happening, but then again, I have been wrong before.

blazrdog#1
April 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM
with the emphasis on the chicken. You guys should build a dome & call it the Tyson/Fertilome Dome....xeekxxeekxxeekxxlolxxlolxxlolx

jaxstatealum
April 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
with the emphasis on the chicken. You guys should build a dome & call it the Tyson/Fertilome Dome....xeekxxeekxxeekxxlolxxlolxxlolx

As long as we begin to win consistently - they can call it whatever they want xnodx

Monarch History
April 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I looked at the pictures on your link and was impressed. Like someone alluded to, I also think it should help when recruiting.

Cocky
April 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Transit system is coming. That is part of the increase in tuition.