PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Radio in Chicago Rips App State

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 12:03 PM
ESPNRadio1000.com Silvy and Carmen show just ripped App State. "If anyone thinks that Appalachian State can win it all they are smoking something. "If they want to make a bet with me, e-mail me". Anyone wanting to email here is their address... [email protected] I actually emailed them and stuck up for you guys :eek:

FYI: One of the hosts is an SIU alum.

DinoDex200
November 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM
ESPNRadio1000.com Silvy and Carmen show just ripped App State. "If anyone thinks that Appalachian State can win it all they are smoking something. "If they want to make a bet with me, e-mail me". Anyone wanting to email here is their address... [email protected] I actually emailed them and stuck up for you guys :eek:

Hey...any pub is good pub. Getting talked smack to in the #3 media market is usually reserved for Packer fans...

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2005, 12:27 PM

Making a bet with a small-time local sports DJ? I'll pass. I'm just happy to know that an SIU grad cares enough about the game to make such a statement on the air.

OL FU
November 28th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Sports radio is a lot like politcal talk radio. Give em a few facts and then either entertain or stir the pot. What ever gets people listening.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM

If this DJ thinks anyone in Boone is listening to his dumb ass let him e-mail me.

November 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Making a bet with a small-time local sports DJ? I'll pass. I'm just happy to know that an SIU grad cares enough about the game to make such a statement on the air. xlolx xlolx I wonder what your definition of big-time is if an anchor of ESPN Radio in Chicago is "small-time." www.espnradio1000.com/

PantherMan
November 28th, 2005, 12:40 PM
xlolx xlolx I wonder what your definition of big-time is if an anchor of ESPN Radio in Chicago is "small-time." www.espnradio1000.com/

xlolx xlolx

grizband
November 28th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, ESPN1000 is about as big as it gets for sports talk radio. I get broadcasts of ESPN radio here in Missoula from the flagship in Conn., and they use feeds from ESPN1000 all the time.

AppGuy04
November 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I'll take it!

He might be a little biased though, hmmmmm :argue:

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2005, 01:10 PM
xlolx xlolx I wonder what your definition of big-time is if an anchor of ESPN Radio in Chicago is "small-time." www.espnradio1000.com/ (http://www.espnradio1000.com/)

My definition of big-time would be ESPN itself, from Bristol. Not a couple of local guys who at best might do national fill-ins when the regular hosts are out.

ESPN owns the rights to AM 1000 in Chicago. Other than ownership, that station is no different than, for example, WTEM 980 in DC, who combines local sports talk with ESPN Radio's national feeds.

This is akin to Steve Czaben ripping ASU on the 980 local show the Sports Reporters (as opposed to his national Fox Sports Radio morning show, where ASU has appeared a few times in the past as a part of his "Small School Ass-Whippings of the Week" segment). If it wasn't for the fact a Chicago-area listener happened to hear this, it would have gone unnoticed cause nobody else would have heard it outside that area.

Small time.

Now if it was Mike and Mike, The Herd, Dan Patrick, or the Sports Bash ripping us, that's something different.

DinoDex200
November 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Lofty expectations there, Rob. :)

Either way, it's a highly rated sports talk station in a market where very few people know or care who we are.

I would disagree with you, and say it's more akin to being trashed on The Fan in NYC or WEEI in Boston...it still raises awareness. One thing I've learned, ESPN's programming decisions don't dictate sports policy...so when they start mentioning us, it's because enough of a deal has been made out of I-AA football or ASU in general.

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Lofty expectations there, Rob. :)

Either way, it's a highly rated sports talk station in a market where very few people know or care who we are.

I would disagree with you, and say it's more akin to being trashed on The Fan in NYC or WEEI in Boston...it still raises awareness. One thing I've learned, ESPN's programming decisions don't dictate sports policy...so when they start mentioning us, it's because enough of a deal has been made out of I-AA football or ASU in general.

I'd bet it has all to do with the SIU ties to one of the DJ's, and not too much more.

Regardless, after we send SIU home for the winter, let's see what he says then. :D

November 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
...that station is no different than, for example, WTEM 980 in DC, who combines local sports talk with ESPN Radio's national feeds. This is akin to Steve Czaben ripping ASU on the 980 local show the Sports Reporters....Sure, give or take 10,000,000 people.

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Sure, give or take 10,000,000 people.

10 million people do not listen to ESPN 1000, don't be silly.

ESPN Radio, maybe. But not the one of the local shows on the Chicago ESPN affiliate, which is what we are talking about here.

CUSaluki
November 28th, 2005, 02:53 PM
My definition of big-time would be ESPN itself, from Bristol. Not a couple of local guys who at best might do national fill-ins when the regular hosts are out.

ESPN owns the rights to AM 1000 in Chicago. Other than ownership, that station is no different than, for example, WTEM 980 in DC, who combines local sports talk with ESPN Radio's national feeds.

This is akin to Steve Czaben ripping ASU on the 980 local show the Sports Reporters (as opposed to his national Fox Sports Radio morning show, where ASU has appeared a few times in the past as a part of his "Small School Ass-Whippings of the Week" segment). If it wasn't for the fact a Chicago-area listener happened to hear this, it would have gone unnoticed cause nobody else would have heard it outside that area.

Small time.

Now if it was Mike and Mike, The Herd, Dan Patrick, or the Sports Bash ripping us, that's something different.

I'm fairly certain I-AA football has never been mentioned on those four shows.

November 28th, 2005, 02:56 PM
10 million people do not listen to ESPN 1000, don't be silly...What was silly is you comparing a DC or Boone radio show being the same thing as one that is heard by multiple millions more. I don't know why you came up with this "small-time" thing but that is applicable to the shows you mentioned, not ESPN1000.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 28th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Let's cut to the chase here. SIU wins one playoff game, after the two prior years getting the worst smackdowns in I-AA, and then they try to bait App St.? If I'm App St. fans, I'm getting a pretty big grin on my face.

Baiting App St. and their fans = REALLY BAD IDEA.

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2005, 03:25 PM
What was silly is you comparing a DC or Boone radio show being the same thing as one that is heard by multiple millions more. I don't know why you came up with this "small-time" thing but that is applicable to the shows you mentioned, not ESPN1000.

1. I never compared it to a Boone radio show.

2. DC is one of the major media markets in the USA as well. #8 to be exact. That's a total of 5 spots lower than Chicago. To that end...

3. "Millions more" people don't listen to ESPN 1000 local programming in the #3 market compared to local programming in the #8 market.

Why I bother with you sometimes is a mystery. You can't be this obtuse. It must be an act. At least I hope it is.

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Ok uhm the guy who mentioned App State, completely butchered the name. "App a latch eee uhhnnn state or whatever they are called I don't care" to be exact. I don't know if it was on purpose or not but he completely butchered it.

ESPNRadio 1000 is the #1 sports station here. The #2 station is 670AM The Score. According to the Fall Arbitron Ratings: ESPN Radio 1000 is the most listened to online radio station in the country. I believe, might be wrong, that I heard there are about 4,000,000 people that listen to it in Chicago and the collar counties.

FYI: Chicago has a population of about 9 million people and with the collar counties I would say a total of about 13 million people all told. A.K.A. There is no close competition for sports radio. The other station is full of homers who think sports doesn't exist outisde the 312 and 773 area code(s).

Also, the reason they (Carmen DeFalco, and Mark Silverman) started to talk about this was the sports broadcaster (Silvy) who is an SIU alum made a bet with another guy (John Jurkovich) on the same station that is part of the #1 show in Chicago sports later in the day (Mac Jurko and Harry) that SIU would beat his alma mater EIU. The other host (Carmen) was saying they were wasting time talking about D1AA football and that noone cares. Then someone called in and straightened out the other broadcaster saying that Western Illinois has more NFL players then Illinois and Northwestern combined.

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Just a follow-up. Some of you said any press is good press. I think that is true to a certain point. I think one of the guys I mentioned earlier was poking fun at it. I don't think that helps at all. I think it is a shame that no one talks about it until the playoffs start.

I have emailed my ESPN station multiple times about having a show about 1aa football with the SIU and the EIU alums (since they both went to a 1aa school, and 1 played 1aa football and for the Packers). My responses were met with the station does not have the open air time even on weekends for a show like that. Not a lot of people in the chicagoland area care about 1aa football. Unless it is Illinois, Northwestern, or Notre Dame, no one really cares.

89Hen
November 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
the reason they (Carmen DeFalco, and Mark Silverman) started to talk about this was the sports broadcaster (Silvy) who is an SIU alum
BTW, this is Silvy's girlfriend (no S, I just read his bio)...

http://neforum.com.ua/forums/Glambeau/colleen_shannon800by600.jpeg

nick9c
November 28th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Well, based on past history alone, I'd have to give the anchor some credit. App State rarely makes it past the first round...a second round victory will be a major accomplishment. :hurray: App State has a good offense, but I still think their defense is overrated...we moved at will against them earlier this year, both on the ground and in the air.

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM
That's ok Nick you won't move it on us past the 50 yard line next year. :nod: ;) ;) ;) ;)

nick9c
November 28th, 2005, 04:05 PM
That's ok Nick you won't move it on us past the 50 yard line next year. :nod: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Two words...Charleston Southern :asswhip: :beerchug:

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 04:11 PM
:eyebrow: :nonono2: :nono: :splat: :bawling:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I don't know what you speak of. Charleston who?

November 28th, 2005, 04:50 PM
... "Millions more" people don't listen to ESPN 1000 local programming in the #3 market compared to local programming in the #8 market...If you think ESPN1000 doesn't reach "Millions more" people then prove it and leave your personal smack at your messageboard. Are you that sad that App got dissed potentially in front of millions?

siugrad99
November 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Sliverman is an SIU alum so of course he is biased. I am sure he is just having fun and honestly doesn't know much about the current SIU football team or App. State. Chances are we probably only won 2-3 games a season when he was in Carbondale :)

Best of luck this weekend App. State it is going to be fun to watch regardless of the outcome.

GASIUalum
November 28th, 2005, 05:47 PM
ESPN1000 probably actually reaches about one third of the country, i can listen to it down here in Georgia(12 hours away from Chicago) fairly regularly. To call a host on it small time is misstating facts imo. Anyways, the guy was just getting a rise out of the 2 non-SIU 1-AA fans listening at the time and the scores who will hear about it later, and it seems to have worked.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Sure, give or take 10,000,000 people.

Never heard of the guy.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 06:06 PM
If you think ESPN1000 doesn't reach "Millions more" people then prove it and leave your personal smack at your messageboard. Are you that sad that App got dissed potentially in front of millions?
Who gives a big crap what the SIU dude says. Does he have a crystal ball or something?
It will be more interesting to see what he says Monday. I hope someone will report it on here, since his particular program is not broadcast in the Charlotte area.

November 28th, 2005, 06:30 PM
... It will be more interesting to see what he says Monday. I hope someone will report it on here, since his particular program is not broadcast in the Charlotte area.Sure it is. It is broadcast worldwide on the web:
www.espnradio1000.com/
Silvy and Carmen from 9a-Noon.
http://www.espnradio1000.com/silvy.asp

blukeys
November 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I don't know what the negativity is all about. I don't care what the market is if 10,000,000 listeners are getting exposed to I-AA football then that is a good thing. Maybe these radio guys might mention that this is the highest level of College football where the champion is decided on the field. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

A SIU grad could insult UD all day in my book if it helps I-AA. (We all know how the end result will look, Sorry couldn't resist)

Bodoyle gave the Arbitron ratings. In radio that is what it is all about and those ratings were very respectable.

Black and Gold Express
November 28th, 2005, 09:03 PM
If you think ESPN1000 doesn't reach "Millions more" people then prove it and leave your personal smack at your messageboard. Are you that sad that App got dissed potentially in front of millions?

I could give a **** what some fatass in front of a mic in Chicago thinks about ASU. Trying to assign feelings for me to this now? Exactly how childish are you intending to get.

As for proving it, I'm working on trying to find some numbers now to support my stance. If the deal is that radio + internet users = 4,000,000 listeners, well that would be tough for anyone to prove in favor of ESPN 1000. But I'm seeing what I can dig up. If they come back negative, I'll say so. Unlike you Ralph, I can admit when I'm wrong.

siugrad99
November 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
are we really that bored that this is all we can find to talk about ?

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Sure it is. It is broadcast worldwide on the web:
www.espnradio1000.com/
Silvy and Carmen from 9a-Noon.
http://www.espnradio1000.com/silvy.asp

Never really sat around listening to radio on the computer.

APPST '93
November 28th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Who gives a rats ass what they said on the radio?

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Well, based on past history alone, I'd have to give the anchor some credit. App State rarely makes it past the first round...a second round victory will be a major accomplishment. :hurray: App State has a good offense, but I still think their defense is overrated...we moved at will against them earlier this year, both on the ground and in the air.

Rarely??? ASU has made it 7 times and failed 6 times.
I would certainly define rarely as at least less than half???

Retro
November 28th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I've never heard of ESPN1000, but of course i don't listen to sports radio except on saturdays for scores if anything and usually the ESPN RADIO main feed on XM radio... Local radio is nearing extintion with so many better alternatives out there and regardless of how many people it reaches, i doubt many people in that area know anything about APP state or I-AA. :rotateh:

November 28th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I could give a **** what some fatass in front of a mic in Chicago thinks about ASU. Trying to assign feelings for me to this now? Exactly how childish are you intending to get...Like I said BnG, leave your personal smack at your own messageboard. :nonono2:

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 10:11 PM
IAA: I will update accordingly as I listen to their show every day while I am at work.

As for the 4,000,000 people that is in the Chicago and collar county region. I have absolutely no idea what the total would be with the internet broadcast. I can not find anything on that. I have sent an email to ESPNradio1000 asking for some information but that will take a few days. If/when I get it I will post.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 10:11 PM

Moved it at will?? 3.6 yds/carry on the ground is at will? :rolleyes:

bodoyle
November 28th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Here is some info I found on Arbitrons website:

WMVP-AM All Sports Fall2004 1.8 Winter 2005 1.7 Spring 2005 1.7 Summer 2005 1.9

http://www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/home.htm

Not sure if that means 1.7 million people but the numbers are for people listening for 5 out of 15 minutes at any given time during airtime.

Cincy App
November 28th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Well, based on past history alone, I'd have to give the anchor some credit. App State rarely makes it past the first round...a second round victory will be a major accomplishment. :hurray:

Gotta love the big talk from a Furman fan that's still resting on the laurels of that 1988 title. It's interesting that Furman and ASU entered this year's playoffs with the same # of playoff wins in the past 10 years (5). That's not exactly domination by the Paladins.

thirdgendin
November 28th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Gotta love the big talk from a Furman fan that's still resting on the laurels of that 1988 title. It's interesting that Furman and ASU entered this year's playoffs with the same # of playoff wins in the past 10 years (5). That's not exactly domination by the Paladins.

We've also been to three national title games and are in the quarterfinals for the second consecutive season (one of two teams to do so).

nick9c
November 28th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Rarely??? ASU has made it 7 times and failed 6 times.
I would certainly define rarely as at least less than half???

When's the last time you guys made it to the final game? 'Nuff said! :bang:

nick9c
November 28th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Moved it at will?? 3.6 yds/carry on the ground is at will? :rolleyes:

3.6 yds/carry = 1st down every 3 plays...yes, that's moving at will with the running game. I'll take that any and every day.

ASU Kep
November 29th, 2005, 02:32 AM

Wouldn't be the first time...anybody see The Longest Yard?

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2005, 02:46 AM
3. "Millions more" people don't listen to ESPN 1000 local programming in the #3 market compared to local programming in the #8 market.

Chicago - 7.7 Million
DC - 4.1 Million

Those are the market sizes not total listeners. so Chicago there has a 3.6 million advantage, take into account that Chicago has a muich more devoted sports following, and with the Bears winning, the Bulls being sucessful as well as the Chi Sox winning and the great run by the Illini earlier this year in Mens basketball that that cerainly has added to the sports radio listening.

I dont think its beyond liklihood that Chicago attracts 2 million more listeners then DC.

In sports radio NYC, and Chicago are prolly running even as the biggest markets with the Boston area being a close second (only because its such a smaller market, but prolly has more % of population that tunes into WEII then any radio station that broadcasts sports talk.

November 29th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Chicago - 7.7 Million
DC - 4.1 Million...Washington, DC Metro area Population 2000: 572059
Chicago Metro Area Population (2000): 9.1 million

Just from googling...

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Washington, DC Metro area Population 2000: 572059
Chicago Metro Area Population (2000): 9.1 million

Just from googling...

I dont know much about media markets but I got the numbers from a website that lists the top 300 radio markets, dont get me wrong i like your numbers better but perhaps when they determine a media market for radio they take into account the amount of people who enter the area for the day working and what not as well as people who leave the market during the day for work, since most sports radio listeners would be during the day in the car or at the office.

November 29th, 2005, 03:08 AM
... I got the numbers from a website that lists the top 300 radio markets...Yep, I hear ya. Link please? I know that greater Chicagoland is about 14 mil so I'd be interested in the link...

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Yep, I hear ya. Link please? I know that greater Chicagoland is about 14 mil so I'd be interested in the link...

http://www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/mm001050.asp

http://www.radio-media.com/markets/main.html

http://www.mediainfocenter.org/compare/top50/#radio

November 29th, 2005, 04:44 AM
...Funny how they measure markets huh? Must be on advertiser bucks... only Chicago advertiser space is counted... etc. for others too.

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2005, 04:48 AM
2003 numbers for Chicago and D.C. metro areas.

#3 Chicago 9.5 million
#4 Washington 7.9 million

http://www.demographia.com/db-usmet2003.pdf

November 29th, 2005, 04:57 AM
2003 numbers for Chicago and D.C. metro areas.Uh, that WEBSITE says...
Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV 7,538,385
Chicago-Naperville-Michigan City, IL-IN-WI 9,312,255

I was quoting http://quickfacts.census.gov

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Uh, that WEBSITE says...
Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV 7,538,385
Chicago-Naperville-Michigan City, IL-IN-WI 9,312,255

I was quoting http://quickfacts.census.gov

If you mean the 572,000 figure, that's the population of D.C., not the metro area. The suburban population in Northern Va. alone is about 2 million.

November 29th, 2005, 05:13 AM
If you mean the 572,000 figure, that's the population of D.C., not the metro area. The suburban population in Northern Va. alone is about 2 million.What I posted was just a quick googling, no offense meant.

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2005, 05:32 AM
What I posted was just a quick googling, no offense meant.

None taken, Ralph.

The comparable population of the cities is 572 thousand for D.C., and 2.8 million for Chicago. D.C. is tiny, with only 60 square miles. Chicago is 225 square miles. The metro areas, of course, are much larger. In terms of media markets, the metro areas are the real potential audience.

November 29th, 2005, 05:47 AM
If you mean the 572,000 figure, that's the population of D.C., not the metro area. The suburban population in Northern Va. alone is about 2 million.I think the population of just chicago city limits is around 7 million... greater chicagoland is much more... a little more spread 'round here...

WUTNDITWAA
November 29th, 2005, 06:11 AM
And why anyone would want to live so close to 9.5 million or 7.9 million other people is beyond me. :eek: Too much hassle.

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I think the population of just chicago city limits is around 7 million... greater chicagoland is much more... a little more spread 'round here...

Got the 2.8 million from your link. Cities can be accessed at the top of the Illinois page. Listed as "Chicago (city)".

Tribe4SF
November 29th, 2005, 06:17 AM
And why anyone would want to live so close to 9.5 million or 7.9 million other people is beyond me. :eek: Too much hassle.

Amen! You couldn't pay me enough to live in D.C. area.

Well.....you could make me an offer. :smiley_wi

November 29th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Amen! You couldn't pay me enough to live in D.C. area.
Well.....you could make me an offer. :smiley_wiI like living in urban areas like Chicagoland ... NYC ... Houston ... LA ...

SoCon48
November 29th, 2005, 07:03 AM
I like living in urban areas like Chicagoland ... NYC ... Houston ... LA ...

The SunBelt has prospered the last 3 decades from people getting away from those areas.

SoCon48
November 29th, 2005, 07:06 AM
3.6 yds/carry = 1st down every 3 plays...yes, that's moving at will with the running game. I'll take that any and every day.

Compared to ASU's 4.9. That's pretty much a first down every other play. That's moving at will.

SoCon48
November 29th, 2005, 07:08 AM
When's the last time you guys made it to the final game? 'Nuff said! :bang:

Just hide and watch. See what happens this year.

November 29th, 2005, 07:12 AM
stop the smack now...

bodoyle
November 29th, 2005, 07:31 AM
UNH: The Bears are not broadcast on ESPN Radio 1000 they are on 780 AM- WBBM. Illinois is on 540 or 520 AM. The Bulls and Sox are on ESPN Radio 1000. The scrubs are on WGN. As of next year the White Sox will be on The Score 670 AM. Reinsdorf didn't like the questions that Silvy and Carmen asked him earlier this year (said that he had a list of questions that he could be asked and they did not stick to it moreless)and he said when the contract is up (now), he will not renew it with WMVP (AM 1000).

Black and Gold Express
November 29th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Here is some info I found on Arbitrons website:

WMVP-AM All Sports Fall2004 1.8 Winter 2005 1.7 Spring 2005 1.7 Summer 2005 1.9

http://www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/home.htm

Not sure if that means 1.7 million people but the numbers are for people listening for 5 out of 15 minutes at any given time during airtime.

That's a good starting point. Now what I am trying to dig up is the listenership for this local show in question. I'm going to assume it is the most popular local show on ESPN 1000, too. And I will compare it to the most popular local show on WTEM (the #1 sports station in the DC market) in the DC area.

This will give us the true and accurate comparison, whatever it is. The point of all this was how many listen to this Carmen and Silvy show, not ESPN 1000 as a whole.

bodoyle
November 29th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Black N Gold: that would be incorrect. The "Mac, Jurko, and Harry Show" from 3-7pm is the most popular show on the station.

www.eapnradio1000.com/mcneiljurkoharry.asp

Jurko was the guy who had the bet that caused the discussion yesterday. Today breakfast is on Jurko for the company since SIU beat his alma mater EIU last week.

I strongly beleive the ratings for the MJH show are about 3.3 but I can not find written confirmation.

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2005, 08:22 AM
UNH: The Bears are not broadcast on ESPN Radio 1000 they are on 780 AM- WBBM. Illinois is on 540 or 520 AM. The Bulls and Sox are on ESPN Radio 1000. The scrubs are on WGN. As of next year the White Sox will be on The Score 670 AM. Reinsdorf didn't like the questions that Silvy and Carmen asked him earlier this year (said that he had a list of questions that he could be asked and they did not stick to it moreless)and he said when the contract is up (now), he will not renew it with WMVP (AM 1000).

I wasn't suggesting the station carried the games for all the teams, i was saying with the success of the teams the sports talk shows would get more listeners because of the added interest in the teams.

bodoyle
November 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Understood UNH

Appdad
November 29th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I like living in urban areas like Chicagoland ... NYC ... Houston ... LA ...

With the development of 20 hp snow-blowers and snowmobile outerwear Chicago and the entire Midwest is an excellent place to live. It is child's play to remove the hard snow kicked up in the driveway's by the city snow-plows. Boy that used to just kick me in the butt when I cleaned the drive with an old coal shovel and here comes that plow!

The south became popular with the development of central air-conditioning.

Both areas are desirable.

Of course I might be biased having grown up in the great state Wisconsin...

bodoyle
November 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
The only good area in WI is Rhinelander/Boulder Junction. The rest of that state... :bang:

And if you use a snow blower it leaves 1/4 " of snow on your driveway. Shovels are the way to go. Clean to the pavement! :):)