PDA

View Full Version : Purdue QB soon to be a Redbird?

OSBF
April 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2009/04/09/usports/doc49dd3c2518245380315920.txt

I can only think of a couple of things you can do to get dismissed from a university. He got caught cheating or plagarizing a paper or something.

If he is a true spread offense QB, and Spack is fully intending to run the spread, has he found what he needs at QB for the next 3 years?

Anyone know anything about him, seen him play?

ValleyChamp
April 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Is Christiansen from Iowa officially on the ISU team now?

OSBF
April 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Is Christiansen from Iowa officially on the ISU team now?

Last word I got is that he's looking dad's alma matter, the EIU panthers. Coach Spack wants to run the true spread, just like what Florida runs. My guess is that our spread won't look very much like what Florida does, but that's the plan. I'm thinking Jake is more of your classic dropback pocket passes QB than a guy that would flourish in the spread.

And that's the problem with our QB's. The previous coaching staff ran a very traditional 2 back "pro" style dropback in the pocket offense. Ok, well, really it was a dropback and run for your freakin' life before you get your head knocked off your shoulders offense, but I digress. So, all our QB's fit that mold and style, we don't have a guy to run a spread currently on campus, that guy wasn't being recruited here.

I'm from the same hometown as Jakes dad. We'll take Jake, just keep his dad as far away from the program as possible, that's a bad deal waitin' to happen. One of my brothers was actually a classmate in HS of Jeff's (Jakes dad).

I'm not sure he fits at EIU either, they have a good young QB that Coach Spoo is very happy with. I think he will be a junior next fall, and has already been the starter for the better part of 2 years.

I-AA Fan
April 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2009/04/09/usports/doc49dd3c2518245380315920.txt

I can only think of a couple of things you can do to get dismissed from a university. He got caught cheating or plagarizing a paper or something.

If he is a true spread offense QB, and Spack is fully intending to run the spread, has he found what he needs at QB for the next 3 years?

Anyone know anything about him, seen him play?

There is a great deal more than a "couple" of things you can do to be removed for academic reasons. That is a very general term. He would not be dismissed for cheating ...this is Purdue. He had to have threatened/assaulted an instructor/student, or was caught offering a bribe. The timing would indicate the latter. Or, he was caught cheating, and is a multiple-time offender.

OSBF
April 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
There is a great deal more than a "couple" of things you can do to be removed for academic reasons. That is a very general term. He would not be dismissed for cheating ...this is Purdue. He had to have threatened/assaulted an instructor/student, or was caught offering a bribe. The timing would indicate the latter. Or, he was caught cheating, and is a multiple-time offender.

I thought about the threat/assult thing too, but since there was no mention of involvement by the authorities, I sort of wrote that off.