PDA

View Full Version : Post Flood: NDSU back to Business

Gil Dobie
April 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM
At least until the next flood crest comes when the snow melts. :o

Area Voices (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/)

The Bison football players will work out tonight for the first time in three weeks, a layoff that has the coaches concerned. Most of the players will be there, although some that took flights home were still trying to work out a way back.

In a clarification from an earlier report, Bison coaches and administrators were told today that they will not have to appeal to the NCAA to waive a rule that prohibits mandatory workouts during the last week of the semester and finals week. The stipulation does not apply to football.

Still no word on the spring football schedule. Sandbags still dominated the Fargodome floor on Wednesday.

Grizaholic17
April 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Having been on Hiatus from AGS for the winter, I have not chimed in on this subject. I'll put my two cents in and congratulate the NDSU athletic programs for making national news in their effort to help the city. I thought it was a great story. I am also happy the team can get back to business and rebound for a hopeful year in 2009.

coover
April 2nd, 2009, 01:12 AM
Hope all is well again in the Dakotas. I have family in both North and South Dakota and pray that all is well for them and all others in the area.

Go Cal Poly!

JayJ79
April 2nd, 2009, 03:15 AM
I'm sure most of the players got plenty of work outs.

Sandbagging is most definitely a workout!

(though I don't know if it benefits football skills at all)

Ivytalk
April 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
New nickname: "The NDSU Floating Bison!!":p

JayJ79
April 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM
New nickname: "The NDSU Floating Bison!!":p

water buffalo?

TCisMYhero
April 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Outside of a few posters on here (Gil is one who comes to mind), I can't stand NDSU. I don't wish what they have on anybody though, and wish you all a speedy recovery up there in the arctic.

JayJ79
April 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Outside of a few posters on here (Gil is one who comes to mind), I can't stand NDSU. I don't wish what they have on anybody though, and wish you all a speedy recovery up there in the arctic.

I see the potential for UNI/NDSU to develop into a nice rivalry of sorts.
Someone you just love to "hate". Kind of like UNI/SIU (though this one would be mostly limited to football)

Thundar
April 2nd, 2009, 04:56 PM

Come on forming an opinion of an Entire fan base, team and school based on a message board!!! not everyone is so bad you have to HATE, how about dislikexlolxxpeacex

Thanks for the well wish, the support from around the country has been amazing to say the least!