PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook 2009 schedule complete? Only 4 home games?

MplsBison
April 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM
According to UND's beat writier's blog: http://areavoices.com/waynenelson/?blog=47744

UND has scheduled Stony Brook to play in Grand Forks on Oct 10th, which means Stony Brook would then only have 4 home games according to: http://travisliles.com/schedules/2009/bigsouth.html

What's the deal with this? Seems like a crappy schedule for SB.

MplsBison
April 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM
And you can confirm that SB has scheduled to play at Hofstra, Colgate and UMass already for the 09 season.

So if this is true it does appear that SB will only have 4 home games.

They must've gotten some cash from UND.

UNHWildCats
April 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM
And you can confirm that SB has scheduled to play at Hofstra, Colgate and UMass already for the 09 season.

So if this is true it does appear that SB will only have 4 home games.

They must've gotten some cash from UND.
as I just posted to u on the UND board. I have double checked their OOC games and 4 of the 5 are on the road. Stony's conference mate Charleston Southern also is playing 7 road games.

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2009, 03:48 PM
MplsBison is the "schedule czar" around here.

Unfortunately, his own school of choice - NDSU - does not have the proper amount of home games themselves. It's truly a travesty in this sport that all schools do not work together to meet the standards that are set by one fan.

bobcat7
April 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
I wonder if they (Stony Brook) tried to fill Nov. 7 with a home game hosting Duquesne. The Dukes wound up with a bye on Nov. 7 and scheduled a road game vs. non-scholarship Dayton on their other open date instead. I follow both teams (an odd combo) and it seems disappointing to me, but I clearly don't know everything. I guess that short bus ride to Ohio was decisive or maybe they owed them a trip.xconfusedx

BearsCountry
April 1st, 2009, 03:56 PM
MplsBison is the "schedule czar" around here.

Unfortunately, his own school of choice - NDSU - does not have the proper amount of home games themselves. It's truly a travesty in this sport that all schools do not work together to meet the standards that are set by one fan.

No the funny thing is he keeps calling out schools for this but wants UND to do it so the NDSU/UND game can be played.

BearsCountry
April 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
I wonder if they (Stony Brook) tried to fill Nov. 7 with a home game hosting Duquesne. The Dukes wound up with a bye on Nov. 7 and scheduled a road game vs. non-scholarship Dayton on their other open date instead. I follow both teams (an odd combo) and it seems disappointing to me, but I clearly don't know everything. I guess that short bus ride to Ohio was decisive or maybe they owed them a trip.xconfusedx

Same conference foe for all other sports.

Thundar
April 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM
No the funny thing is he keeps calling out schools for this but wants UND to do it so the NDSU/UND game can be played.

you know till you said that I didn't realize that! good catchxthumbsupx

DetroitFlyer
April 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM

Dayton and Duquesne should play EVERY year. This is a great game that is always played close, regardless of records. We are both in the A10 for all other sports, we are both Catholic schools, and we are only a bus ride away.... Dayton played at, ( and lost), to the Dukes last year. I'm sure the Dukes owed us a return trip. I hope this turns into a very long running series!

bobcat7
April 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
Dayton and Duquesne should play EVERY year. This is a great game that is always played close, regardless of records. We are both in the A10 for all other sports, we are both Catholic schools, and we are only a bus ride away.... Dayton played at, ( and lost), to the Dukes last year. I'm sure the Dukes owed us a return trip. I hope this turns into a very long running series!

I certainly can't disagree with any of that. I always thought it was a natural but the schools rarely played in football. I join you in hoping for a long running series. xcoolx

Redwyn
April 2nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
Wow....what an OOC schedule! North Dakota added in with U Mass, Hofstra, Brown, and Colgate (with Presby as a pseudo conference game). Should be a great barometer for conference play. Should be some exciting football this Fall. Can't wait to see it. Also a great way to work out a massive recruit class and a first year of full scholly football (not to mention it's nice to see SBU avoiding a lower division game, which is a great indication of the program's aims).

As far as ending record, It's probably feasible to see the team end at 6-5 or whereabouts, but all depends on if SBU collapses in its OOC schedule like it did in 08. With a strong beginning, this could be a very nice season.

Seawolf97
April 2nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
It is 4 home games but the Hofstra game is nearly a home game since the schools are only about 30 miles apart.
Im glad to see a game like this it will be a good test as will the U Mass game. Next year we are at South Florida and going forward will have an FBS program on our schedule so games against teams of this caliber will become the norm.
Dont forget both Colgate and Brown are defending conference champs and will not be easy.

Uncle Buck
April 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
SBU will definitely be the road warriors after this season.

Seawolf97
April 5th, 2009, 08:13 PM
It is still strange that no official schedule has been posted. Maybe this week. All our games are on everyone elses web.sites already and the North Dakota game was the last .
Maybe there are last minute changes. Hopefully as I said this week they will publish our schedule.

Uncle Buck
April 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
This used to happen with Hofstra all the time. This year is the first time they released a schedule as early as they did. It was usually released in May or June and fans were left building the schedule from other schools that reported.

It'll be tough with only 4 home games, but again, the HU game is so close that it almost doesn't count. The rough turn-around will be NDSU to VMI, but other than that, it seems like you have a home game or the bye between road tilts. At least it's not three or four in a row on the road without a break.

GaelsFootball
April 6th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Did Stony Brook replace the Iona game? I know that was suppose to be a home game for them.

Redwyn
April 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM
My guess is this was the replaced Iona game. That would explain why we're short a homestand.

dmksioux
April 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
This used to happen with Hofstra all the time. This year is the first time they released a schedule as early as they did. It was usually released in May or June and fans were left building the schedule from other schools that reported.

It'll be tough with only 4 home games, but again, the HU game is so close that it almost doesn't count. The rough turn-around will be NDSU to VMI, but other than that, it seems like you have a home game or the bye between road tilts. At least it's not three or four in a row on the road without a break.

Stony Brook isn't playing NDSUxnonono2x...they are playing the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. You may not know who we are yet, but after we beat up on Stony Brook you will. xsmiley_wix

Uncle Buck
April 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Stony Brook isn't playing NDSUxnonono2x...they are playing the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. You may not know who we are yet, but after we beat up on Stony Brook you will. xsmiley_wix

Whoops, my bad. :o

Even so, it's still a tough turnaround!