PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick - Harvard/Rams

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting for the Rams today and finds himself on the wrong side of a 17-0 game right now...

He's just getting no protection, especially from the backs who are sitting back and protecting him (or atleast trying to do so).

I'll give him this, boy has mobility!

Ivytalk
November 27th, 2005, 01:27 PM
What happened to Jamie Martin? I know Bulger is hurt.

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 01:33 PM
What happened to Jamie Martin? I know Bulger is hurt.

Apparent concussion...no official word...

ISUMatt
November 27th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Throws a TD to Holt!!!

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Throws a TD to Holt!!!

This is definitely a team for a rookie to make a mark in as a QB...

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Hell of a pass to Isaac Bruce for a late TD...

Rams have pulled back into this one...

Texans 27-24, :27 left

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Rams recover the onside kick...AHHHH!

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Rams get the first down and move to the H30 YARD LINE!

It was 24-3. This is ridiculous...

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Wow...

Fitzpatrick leads the Rams back...

27-27. Four seconds left...

Is this the Houston Oilers?!?

Blow a ten-point lead with 37 seconds left!

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Fitzpatrick anchors the comeback...

Texans lost this one...

Tod
November 27th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Game! Rams score on a huge Fitz pass to Curtis of 56 yards in OT. Good for Ryan and good for Rams and Harvard fans!!

TexasTerror
November 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Texans played an amazing first half...

Then the Texans of old showed in the second half...

Man...

Ivytalk
November 27th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Game! Rams score on a huge Fitz pass to Curtis of 56 yards in OT. Good for Ryan and good for Rams and Harvard fans!!

I'm SOOOOO proud!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Harvard Worship
November 27th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Fitzpatrick is amazing. He was like that all four years at Harvard. Just an incredible football player. I'm glad he got to show off a bit & I hope the rest of the country sees his talent. Even against the texans, leading a comeback from 24-3 in your first game in the NFL is quite a feat, as is 300+ yards passing. I gotta remember to start him on my fantasy team.

ASU Kep
November 28th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Congrats to all Harvard fans, that was a terrific performance.

blackfordpu
November 28th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I wonder what mr. mcnair is thinking now?

How did they blow that lead?

ngineer
November 28th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Must be some fantasy thread. Everyone on the AGS Board knows that the IVY LEAGUE can't play football. Just bunch of nerds who suit up every Saturday in the fall for fun. :rolleyes:

ASU Kep
November 29th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Must be some fantasy thread. Everyone on the AGS Board knows that the IVY LEAGUE can't play football. Just bunch of nerds who suit up every Saturday in the fall for fun. :rolleyes:

Don't get too high on yourself (wait...Lehigh isn't even in the Ivy league), the best Ivy league team (Brown) this year would have already been out of the playoffs. Just because one person from a team does great at the next level doesn't mean your team is incredible. Hampton's Mathis has been incredible as well, but last I checked HU got throttled last weekend and yes, the MEAC *is* a joke.

I'm not saying the the IVY is a joke league at all, but the success of one guy certainly doesn't disprove it either.

With all that said, my Congrats still go out to Harvard fans. I'd love to see Richie or any ASU QB have that success one day. Hopefully he can keep it going.

November 29th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Don't get too high on yourself (wait...Lehigh isn't even in the Ivy league), the best Ivy league team (Brown) this year would have already been out of the playoffs. Just because one person from a team does great at the next level doesn't mean your team is incredible. Hampton's Mathis has been incredible as well, but last I checked HU got throttled last weekend and yes, the MEAC *is* a joke.

I'm not saying the the IVY is a joke league at all, but the success of one guy certainly doesn't disprove it either.

With all that said, my Congrats still go out to Harvard fans. I'd love to see Richie or any ASU QB have that success one day. Hopefully he can keep it going.Uh, check Clifton Dawson who played on last year's Harvard unbeaten team too. Last I saw Harvard beat the Ivy Champ this year. Mathis didn't play college ball this year. Oh yeah, the Ivy Champ has a Payton finalist...

I-AA's leading rusher from Brown...

NICK HARTIGAN!

ASU Kep
November 29th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Well, I guess Liberty is one helluva I-AA powerhouse too, judging by the way that Gabo guy has been playing for Green Bay. :rolleyes:

ASU Kep
November 29th, 2005, 06:27 AM
And damnit, I'm not trying to knock those players or the Ivy League!!! I'm just saying that just because a school has put guys into the NFL who've had success doesn't mean they are a great program.

If you asked me if App St. was good at football, Dexter Coakley is not the first thing I'd bring up...

November 29th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Kep,
These Ivy schools would be awesome additions to the playoffs because they have deep teams plus great individuals. Guess we'll never know... shame.

ASU Kep
November 29th, 2005, 08:13 AM
I never remember calling them a joke, ralph. In fact, I said specifically several times that they were not. Only bad thing I said about the Ivy was that this year I don't think Brown (Ivy champ) would go anywhere.

Harvard last year? Different story.

...and I wish they would allow them to go to the playoffs. Always good to know how good you *really* are, and not necessarily in a Hampton sorta way.

bandl
November 29th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I never remember calling them a joke, ralph. In fact, I said specifically several times that they were not. Only bad thing I said about the Ivy was that this year I don't think Brown (Ivy champ) would go anywhere.

...and I wish they would allow them to go to the playoffs. Always good to know how good you *really* are, and not necessarily in a Hampton sorta way.

There just wasn't any need to say anything negative in this thread, period. Not about any one player, any one team or any one conference. There are threads every once in a while in which everyone should realize and understand that no one needs to be THAT GUY and say "yeah, but...he was good and may have a good future in the NFL, but you're not allowed to speculate how good because he didn't participate in the playoffs", or the like. He was a great player at Harvard, he had a great game on Sunday...that's it. Why won't you just let some people have a little joy and pride with their school/conference instead of jumping in and trying to stomp it on the ground.

This is a perfect example of "If you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all."
Or "Learn some manners."

BTW, I have no affiliation with Harvard or Fitz...it's just a feel-good story that all I-AA fans should be proud of.

TexasTerror
November 29th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Ryan is on JIM ROME right now...

ASU Kep
November 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
There just wasn't any need to say anything negative in this thread, period. Not about any one player, any one team or any one conference. There are threads every once in a while in which everyone should realize and understand that no one needs to be THAT GUY and say "yeah, but...he was good and may have a good future in the NFL, but you're not allowed to speculate how good because he didn't participate in the playoffs", or the like. He was a great player at Harvard, he had a great game on Sunday...that's it. Why won't you just let some people have a little joy and pride with their school/conference instead of jumping in and trying to stomp it on the ground.

This is a perfect example of "If you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all."
Or "Learn some manners."

BTW, I have no affiliation with Harvard or Fitz...it's just a feel-good story that all I-AA fans should be proud of.

How about you go back and look through this thread and point out one instance in which I said something negative about him or Harvard. I'll check back. In the meantime, let me reiterate for like the 14th time, Congrats to Harvard fans! :hurray:

You do have a point though. I should learn some manners. Go **** yourself.

bandl
November 29th, 2005, 02:16 PM
How about you go back and look through this thread and point out one instance in which I said something negative about him or Harvard. I'll check back. In the meantime, let me reiterate for like the 14th time, Congrats to Harvard fans! :hurray:

You do have a point though. I should learn some manners. Go **** yourself.

My point was YOU just had to be THAT GUY and step up and put any feel-gooders in their place by saying something negative (or should I say not-very-positive) about the Ivy League. As if everyone doesn't know that the Ivy League doesn't compete in the playoffs, so they don't have a chance to prove how good they really could be come playoff crunch time.

You're probably the kind of "man" who talks **** to anyone that breathes wrong at you and says "i eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast."

bandl
November 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Just because one person from a team does great at the next level doesn't mean your team is incredible.

I...can't....seem to find.....anything in this thread....that says "my team is incredible"....nope....I definitely can't.

I'm just saying that just because a school has put guys into the NFL who've had success doesn't mean they are a great program.

Hmmm....I don't remember anyone writing in this thread that Harvard was a 'great program'...

Well, I guess Liberty is one helluva I-AA powerhouse too, judging by the way that Gabo guy has been playing for Green Bay.

It seems, to me at least, like you are HINTING that since Harvard had a decent player who is now in the NFL, and Liberty ALSO has a player in the NFL, that someone thinks that Harvard AND Liberty must both be powerhouse programs. That's a mighty presumptious 'if-then' statement you pulled there.

This little spat we got going on here isn't worth a steaming pile of poo to me. Done.

Harvard Worship
November 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Lol. You guys are nuts.
Just for clarification: this thread is about Ryan Fitzpatrick and how he's done us all proud.

ngineer
November 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Sorry for the sidetrack. I was the one who made the sarcastic point since all we east coasters from the PL and Ivy get dumped on by a lot of posters and it's nice to see someone like Fitzpatrick make a splash...

Harvard Worship
November 30th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Vote for Fitzy for NFL Rookie of the Week!
The URL is:
http://www.nfl.com/rookies/vote

And for FedEx Player of the Week:
http://www.nfl.com/partners/fedex/

Ivytalk
November 30th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Hey, Harvard Worship! In your list of Harvard championship seasons, you left out 1975! :nod:

Harvard Worship
November 30th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Hey, Harvard Worship! In your list of Harvard championship seasons, you left out 1975!

Whoops... Ok I'm embarrassed. But remember that I wasn't around then so you'll have to forgive my poor 'memory', inexcusable as it is. Thanks for the catch.

In thread-related news: Ryan Fitzpatrick was named the NFC's Offensive Player of the Week by the NFL earlier today. You can read about it at:

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/article.asp?intID=4721

and

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9069926

catbob
November 30th, 2005, 07:39 PM
All I can say is hooray, I'm a huge Rams and IAA fan. It worked out quite well for me. :)

Ivytalk
December 2nd, 2005, 08:18 AM
I hear that Fitzie's starting against the Skins on Sunday.

bandl
December 2nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
I hear that Fitzie's starting against the Skins on Sunday.

Sure is! There was even a 2 column article about him in the Washington Post yesterday. I'd post the link, but I think you have to register to read the actual article. Not really worth the trouble.

LBPop
December 2nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
Heard Tory Holt interviewed on a DC station. When asked about Fitzpatrick he said all the standard "...Ivy League so he must be smart..." stuff, but then talked about his football ability. Described him as having a live, NFL caliber arm and as more mobile than their other two QBs. As a Redskin fan for quite a while I have seen them frequently make stars out of unknowns. Might be a perfect situation for Ryan.

catbob
December 2nd, 2005, 04:03 PM
If you are going to be a quarterback in the NFL, St. Louis is the best place to do it.

Who ever heard of Kurt Warner or Marc Bulger before they were Rams? (besides IAA fools :) )

Harvard Worship
December 2nd, 2005, 04:27 PM
St. Louis is a great match for Fitzy. He's the type of quarterback who doesn't get rattled and finds the open man, and with the calibre of receivers that the Rams have, he should be able to find guys open a lot.
My favorite part of watching Fitzy play for Havard, though, was watching him scramble. He had an instinct for avoiding pressure. Sadly it looks like he's going to need it, with the injuries to the Rams' OL.

Here's ESPN's article on Fitzy starting:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2245293

I know the game will be on TV in the St. Louis area (fox?) but does anyone know whether folks in the rest of the country can see/hear it? Perhaps there's a radio station with a webcast?

bandl
December 2nd, 2005, 05:27 PM
St. Louis is a great match for Fitzy. He's the type of quarterback who doesn't get rattled and finds the open man, and with the calibre of receivers that the Rams have, he should be able to find guys open a lot.
My favorite part of watching Fitzy play for Havard, though, was watching him scramble. He had an instinct for avoiding pressure. Sadly it looks like he's going to need it, with the injuries to the Rams' OL.

Here's ESPN's article on Fitzy starting:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2245293

I know the game will be on TV in the St. Louis area (fox?) but does anyone know whether folks in the rest of the country can see/hear it? Perhaps there's a radio station with a webcast?

It's on in the DC area!!! I'll be watching it!!! Skins fan, of course....

Back2Back05
December 3rd, 2005, 02:48 AM
[QUOTE=
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Harvard last year had, in my opinion, a great shot of beating some teams in the playoffs. They had a very good running back and a great quarterback with a well rounded team all together. Stomped on one or two A-10 teams if I remember correctly.

Back2Back05
December 3rd, 2005, 02:57 AM

Agreed. Harvard last year had, in my opinion, a great shot of beating some teams in the playoffs. They had a very good running back and a great quarterback with a well rounded team all together. Stomped on one or two A-10 teams if I remember correctly.

bandl
December 3rd, 2005, 08:05 AM

You didn't. They beat one team in the A-10, Northeastern. That was it.

But I have no doubt they could have done some damage in the playoffs in '04....too bad we'll never know. :bang:

Harvard Worship
December 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Well the Rams didn't win. Fitzy had a bad fumble and an INT in the 4th quarter when they were trying to come back but still looked like he deserved to be an NFL QB to me. The protection they gave him was awful. He had to run around for dear life, but he still managed to be effective. He certainly outshined the Rams' running game.
Overall I hope people aren't too disappointed in Fitzy. The Redskins' defense played strong and the Ram's run defense was abysmal. Fitzpatrick wasn't really responsible for the final outcome. Which is sad for us I-AA boosters, but hey it could have been much worse: recall how #1 draft pick Alex Smith with his $41 million contract played in his start vs. the Redskins? 92 yds, 1 INT, no TD and definately no rushing TD.
Oh and it was a huge bummer that the stupid holding penalty nullified that fantastic 40-something yard pass. Sheesh that woulda been a nice thing to have.
Good luck in your next game, Fitzy!

catbob
December 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Nice 5 picks for 0 TDs today Fitz... the last two weeks have been disgusting. I guess leave him in to develop since the season is lost anyway.

The last two weeks - 0 TDs 6 INTs and the Rams have managed to score just 2 TDs (both Fitzpatrick running TDs).

Sigh, when does Bulger get healthy.

CatFan22
December 11th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Nice 5 picks for 0 TDs today Fitz... the last two weeks have been disgusting. I guess leave him in to develop since the season is lost anyway.

The last two weeks - 0 TDs 6 INTs and the Rams have managed to score just 2 TDs (both Fitzpatrick running TDs).

Sigh, when does Bulger get healthy.

Hopefully soon. I'd rather have him in my fantasy playoffs than Brees. I need him back soon!

Harvard Worship
December 11th, 2005, 09:41 PM
<sigh>

Better luck next time Fitz. Who knows when that will be now...

December 11th, 2005, 10:14 PM
You didn't. They beat one team in the A-10, Northeastern. That was it.You mean they played one A-10 team and crushed them by 18 points more than any A-10 or I-A team did. :nod: