PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh 2010 Schedule Has SEVEN home games, again?

ngineer
March 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Remarkable, but the Mountain Hawks could be host to 7 games at Goodman both in 2009 and 2010! Currently, ten games on the 2010 schedule, but I assume the current 'open' listing for September 4, 2010 will be our return engagement with Drake in Iowa to open the season. Question will be with the new 'adjusted schedule' to account for the extra week of playoffs, will Lehigh keep 10/2 'open' or schedule a seventh home game?

9/4 "Open" (@Drake?)
9/11 Villanova (last year of the 6 game contract)
9/18 Princeton
9/25 Colgate (can't remember such an early match with the Raiders)
10/2 OPEN
10/9 Fordham
10/16 Harvard (Home, again!)
10/23 @ Holy Cross
10/30 @ Georgetown
11/6 Bucknell
11/13 @Lafayette (The 146th Meeting)

TexasTerror
March 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM
One would think that if Lehigh has intentions on going to the playoffs that they'd want to schedule 11 games to improve their chances for an at-large, if they do not get an AQ.

Is it wrong in assuming this?

ngineer
March 31st, 2009, 07:59 AM
One would think that if Lehigh has intentions on going to the playoffs that they'd want to schedule 11 games to improve their chances for an at-large, if they do not get an AQ.

Is it wrong in assuming this?

I would fully expect Lehigh to schedule an 11th game. I know the coaches like having an 'open' date,but they also like, better, going to the playoffs and not having that 11th game could really hurt if they were to be in a 'bubble' situation.

jmufan999
March 31st, 2009, 08:55 AM
if you thought Villanova was tough last year, they're going to be a national championship contender this year, good luck with that one. i mean that both sincerely AND sarcastically. not sure how that's possible.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 31st, 2009, 08:59 AM
I'm pretty confident that Lehigh will get that 11th game, just not sure if they'll buy out the Drake game on that day.

I wonder...... might Lehigh have enough schollies/equivalencies to be a counter by then??? Maybe a money game on the road - at, say, Bowling Green? xeyebrowx

Ivytalk
March 31st, 2009, 09:05 AM
7 home games two years in a row? I smell a Congressional investigation.xeyebrowx

:p

Franks Tanks
March 31st, 2009, 09:34 AM
if you thought Villanova was tough last year, they're going to be a national championship contender this year, good luck with that one. i mean that both sincerely AND sarcastically. not sure how that's possible.

Nova was a NC contender last year as well.

Leopard Man
March 31st, 2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/schedules/index.asp

Franks Tanks
March 31st, 2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/schedules/index.asp

On September 26 one can do a Lehigh- Lafayette double header.

Lehigh-Princeton in the day and Lafayette-Penn a few miles down the road for the nightcap. That can be a really fun day!

Lehigh Football Nation
March 31st, 2009, 10:37 AM

Lehigh-Princeton in the day and Lafayette-Penn a few miles down the road for the nightcap. That can be a really fun day!

xthumbsupx

LUHawker
March 31st, 2009, 12:38 PM

I think Lehigh will play Villanova tough this year. Not sure I see a W for the Brown & White, but Lehigh finished strong last year. I hope that game day isn't the heatwave it was last year when Lehigh's smaller lines got gased. Coen has been bringing in the beef, so line size differential should be smaller if not close to even.

GannonFan
March 31st, 2009, 01:13 PM
I think Lehigh will play Villanova tough this year. Not sure I see a W for the Brown & White, but Lehigh finished strong last year. I hope that game day isn't the heatwave it was last year when Lehigh's smaller lines got gased. Coen has been bringing in the beef, so line size differential should be smaller if not close to even.

Hard to see Lehigh hanging in for this one - last year Lehigh got beat by 19, was held to 38 yards rushing and 1/2 the offensive output nova had, and was down 30-7 halfway through the 4th quarter. nova was no offensive juggernaut and they still scored a lot and moved the ball a lot. And this year they return just about everybody and are the clear CAA favorites heading into the year. I know Lehigh finished strong last year, but winning 3 out of 4 against G'town, Bucknell, and Lafayette ain't that strong. xcoffeex

RichH2
March 31st, 2009, 03:27 PM
Franks it is a date I will definitely do it . What a great day.

Go...gate
March 31st, 2009, 05:43 PM
Nova was a NC contender last year as well.

AND they have the makings of a great club coming back.

Husky Alum
March 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
7 home games two years in a row? I smell a Congressional investigation.xeyebrowx

:p

Play Northeastern and you can get an extra home game. The offer is (And has been) on the table.

We'll play you every year at your place - with the caveat that if we ever open an on campus stadium, you'll be our stadium opener.

ngineer
March 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM

Great! A couple years ago a bunch of AGSers talked about a Patriot/Ivy 'Double Dip', but then the Penn game became an afternoon game. Hopefully, MY schedule is such I can do it.xnodx

ngineer
March 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hard to see Lehigh hanging in for this one - last year Lehigh got beat by 19, was held to 38 yards rushing and 1/2 the offensive output nova had, and was down 30-7 halfway through the 4th quarter. nova was no offensive juggernaut and they still scored a lot and moved the ball a lot. And this year they return just about everybody and are the clear CAA favorites heading into the year. I know Lehigh finished strong last year, but winning 3 out of 4 against G'town, Bucknell, and Lafayette ain't that strong. xcoffeex

No question BOTH teams got stronger as last year wore one. Keep in mind, Villanova was Lehigh's QB first real tough game and he made a lot of mistakes (4 ints with one returned for a TD just after a Lehigh TD had been called back for holding). I think had the two played in November, 'Nova still would have won, but a much more competitive result (i.e. 7-10 pt. loss). I'm hoping for a night game(currently the time is TBA) as the visitor stands at Villanova are brutal in an afternoon game looking into the sun.xcoolx

GannonFan
April 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm hoping for a night game(currently the time is TBA) as the visitor stands at Villanova are brutal in an afternoon game looking into the sun.xcoolx

Yeah, those stands are terrible in the late afternoon. Is the game at nova? The original post has it as a home game for Lehigh.

Franks Tanks
April 1st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Franks it is a date I will definitely do it . What a great day.

Ya pretty cool-- I think this is the first time it worked out like this since Lafayette went to night games. Hopefully my wife will let me go.

LUHawker
April 1st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, those stands are terrible in the late afternoon. Is the game at nova? The original post has it as a home game for Lehigh.

Yes, the 2009 game is at Nova. Apparently the venue of the last two games of the six-game series were flip-flopped, probably because Lehigh already has 7 home games in '09 and this would have made it 8. Nova returns to Bethlehem in 2010.

The current series stands at 3-1 in Villanova's favor and Lehigh really needs to put some more balance into the record; I just fear this isn't the likely year.

ngineer
April 1st, 2009, 09:07 PM
I certainly expect us to be considered at least 14 point underdogs in this one with everything 'Nova has returning. The key will be having the offense stay on the field to (1) keep 'Nova offense off the field , (2) giving the "D" a chance to rest and (3) moving the ball into scoring position/making 'Nova drive a long way. We gave the Wildcats too many short fields last year and the TO for a TD.