PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats gain any respect...??

bobcatfan06
November 27th, 2005, 01:07 AM
I asked this on the UNI one, but it got deleted. My bad. :o

So did the Bobcats impress anyone tonight, or does everyone think that GSU "handed it to us on a silver platter?"

Just wondering.

W. DeMontague
November 27th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Yes, coming back from that deficit was pretty good on their part.

Reed Rothchild
November 27th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Yes. Very impressive to come back on GSU like that. You guys did not quit against a great program.

November 27th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Oh heck yeah!!!

DuckDuckGriz
November 27th, 2005, 01:22 AM
I can't respect any team with the name Bobcats.

But ok -- Texas State you made me a believer.

GoGatos
November 27th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Interesting (or maybe not) tidbit of info: Texas State (SWT) was the first school in the nation, HS or college, to use the Bobcat as its mascot.

th0m
November 27th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Hell yeah they gained my respect.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 07:00 AM
yup they gained it while the very little respect Hampton had prolly flew out the window.

ChickenMan
November 27th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Coming from behind vs GSU after being down by 19 points late in the 3rd isn't easy. While GSU's defense was modest at best... their offense was still a clock chewing machine. I give the Texas St defense most of the credit for the comeback... as they really shut down the GSU attack in the final period. Without that outstanding defensive play... TSU's offense wouldn't have had a chance to make the comeback.

Umass74
November 27th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Lots of respect. Coming back from 19 points on a playoff team will be one of the big memories of the 2005 playoffs.

However, it's well known that GSU's secondary could not cover a bagel with peanut butter. UNH or EWU would have smoked 'em also.

JohnStOnge
November 27th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Texas State has had my respect since I watched them against Texas A&M on TV. This is not the first time they've had a big comeback against a playoff team. They were down 27-7 to Nicholls State in the fourth quarter then came back to take a 30-27 lead before Nicholls kicked a field goal late to tie then won in overtime after, I believe, Texas State fumbled the ball away on its possession.

However, Texas State fans better hope nothing happens to Nealy. Me too because I like watching him play. I think there's a good chance that if he gets some polish and consistency we could be looking at a future starter in the NFL.

GSUBass
November 27th, 2005, 09:40 AM
haha...good to see my quote used like that.

I've cooled off now. But ya'll gained some respect from me.

I still want to see Cal Poly win though.:D

McNeese75
November 27th, 2005, 12:04 PM
The team is respected. I do agree with John and others that Nealy will have to keep performing like he did yesterday to complete the run to Chatty. I think you should be favored next week against Cal Poly (although they are a very good team and cannot be taken lightly) but if you advance past that one, more than likely there will be a roadtrip to the frozen north awaiting Nealy and Company. That will be the test!! :nod:

Grizo406
November 27th, 2005, 04:16 PM
If a team is in a playoff game, and down by 19 points in the 3rd Quarter, I mean how hard can it be to go on and win the game?

McNeese State made it look like it was the easiest thing in the world to do when they played Montana a few years ago. :eek: :smiley_wi

NC Aggie
November 27th, 2005, 04:31 PM
SW Texas had a very nice comeback and were able to stop GA southern just enough.

Neely has pretty poor mechanics (drops his arm) throwing but gets the job done. He will no doubt see better secondaries from now out. Cal Poly will have a much better defense then GA Southern. South Dakota State hung 40 or so points on GA southern.

Better snap your chin strap on next Saturday...Poly D is good.

The Gadfly
November 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
YES! Hopefully we can get that respect one day.

Baldy
November 27th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Cal Poly will have a much better defense then GA Southern.

Every team in the field has a much better defense than Georgia Southern. :mad:

McNeese75
November 27th, 2005, 05:48 PM
If a team is in a playoff game, and down by 19 points in the 3rd Quarter, I mean how hard can it be to go on and win the game?

McNeese State made it look like it was the easiest thing in the world to do when they played Montana a few years ago. :eek: :smiley_wi

:D

blackfordpu
November 27th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Every team in the field has a much better defense than Georgia Southern. :mad:

I don't think that GSU's defense is bad but they let up in the fourth quarter. They seemed to stop pressuring Nealy. To me it seemed that they were trying to protect the lead they had, not expand it.

Reminded me of EWU against SHSU last season. They went to a prevent defense instead of keeping the pressure on.

TXST_CAT
November 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Texas State has had my respect since I watched them against Texas A&M on TV. This is not the first time they've had a big comeback against a playoff team. They were down 27-7 to Nicholls State in the fourth quarter then came back to take a 30-27 lead before Nicholls kicked a field goal late to tie then won in overtime after, I believe, Texas State fumbled the ball away on its possession.

However, Texas State fans better hope nothing happens to Nealy. Me too because I like watching him play. I think there's a good chance that if he gets some polish and consistency we could be looking at a future starter in the NFL.

I think alot of the Talking heads agree with you especially in TX. Which is why I think TXST is getting so much love from ESPN. I think the performance that day revived a dormant program. I also feel this is good for DivI-AA because every time they show us on TV they will talk about the A&M game which sends a message to non DivI-AA fans. AA can hang with A. I look forward to a good game Sat. and hope we make Nationals. Because next year when we play our next DivI-A team we and DivI-AA will be given more respect by the Talking heads. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

txstatebobcat
November 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM
SW Texas had a very nice comeback and were able to stop GA southern just enough.

Neely has pretty poor mechanics (drops his arm) throwing but gets the job done. He will no doubt see better secondaries from now out. Cal Poly will have a much better defense then GA Southern. South Dakota State hung 40 or so points on GA southern.

Better snap your chin strap on next Saturday...Poly D is good.

We have already seen better defenses than Georgia Southern. Texas A&M, Northwestern St and Nicholls St are the ones that I was thinking about.

89Hen
November 27th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I don't think Texas State earned more respect as much as they validated the respect people were already giving them. :beerchug:

CKelly
November 27th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Nealy is one heck of a quarterback -but all of his heroics don't make a difference if Texas State doesn't figure out the option and can't stop the run. Cal Poly has mismatches at RB, and WR against this Bobcat defense.

Nealy is the great equalizer though.

This game could turn into a shootout. Should be a fun one.

TXST_CAT
November 28th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Nealy is one heck of a quarterback -but all of his heroics don't make a difference if Texas State doesn't figure out the option and can't stop the run. Cal Poly has mismatches at RB, and WR against this Bobcat defense.

Nealy is the great equalizer though.

This game could turn into a shootout. Should be a fun one.

I think we will do better against the West Coast option as it is simmilar to what we have seen in most other teams we have played to include A&M, we aslo use a little of this offense therefore should know how to defend it. This will come down to who wants it more as do most playoff games! I am excited as this will be as exciting if not more exciting as round one. :xmas: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped:

CatFan22
November 28th, 2005, 01:43 AM
I root for TX St. when I'm not going for my Bobcats. They've gained my respect. Hope they win it all this year. Good luck.