PDA

View Full Version : How did you get to Chatty?

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
This is in response to the other thread talking about Chatty vs another location further west. Please vote and then post from where you came for the game. xpeacex

Big Al
March 26th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Practice, practice, practice.

813Jag
March 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
This is in response to the other thread talking about Chatty vs another location further west. Please vote and then post from where you came for the game. xpeacex
you're giving Bison too much credit starting this thread. xlolx

nwFL Griz
March 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Drove from Navarre, FL. About a 5 hour drive.

GannonFan
March 26th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Flew and drove. Had to fly to Atlanta from Philly (couldn't fly into Chatty because there were no rental cars left - anywhere in Chatty) and then drove the 2 hours from Atlanta to Chatty.

CharlestonAppFan
March 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Drove up to visit my good friend in Knoxville on Thursday (5.5 hour drive from Charleston), then drove down to Chatty Friday morning (1.5 hour drive).

biggie
March 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Just about 5.5 hour drive from Winston Salem to Chatty.

buckp
March 26th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Only about a 9 - 10 hour drive from Lake Charles. LA - at my speed. xthumbsupx

....and always stop for lunch at the Hooters in Tuscaloosa, AL! :D

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Flew and drove. Had to fly to Atlanta from Philly (couldn't fly into Chatty because there were no rental cars left - anywhere in Chatty) and then drove the 2 hours from Atlanta to Chatty.
That's flew then. I don't think anyone flew into Chatty.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 26th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I think a lot of fans got to Chatty through Cedar Falls, IA.

*rimshot*

AshevilleApp2
March 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Drove. It's about a four hour drive from here.

TheValleyRaider
March 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
That's flew then. I don't think anyone flew into Chatty.

I flew direct into Chatty for 2003. Granted, I was in the band, and we wound up on the chartered flight with all the Colgate bigwigs, so that may have played some role....

CrackerRiley
March 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Drove about 4 hours or so from outside of Asheville... 3 straight years xsmiley_wix

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 26th, 2009, 10:39 AM
We did both, we drove to Salt Lake, then flew to Nashville, then back in the car to Chatty.

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM
If a third of the people who post on this board (crazy fans) flew..then you know like 90% of regular fans flew.

Face it...there is no advantage of having the game (barely) in the eastern time zone.

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I flew direct into Chatty for 2003. Granted, I was in the band, and we wound up on the chartered flight with all the Colgate bigwigs, so that may have played some role....
Did you pay? If not, you don't count. :p

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Face it...there is no advantage of having the game (barely) in the eastern time zone.
Except that 75% of I-AA teams are IN the eastern time zone. Keep fooling yourself because you certainly don't have anyone here fooled.

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
If a third of the people who post on this board (crazy fans) flew..then you know like 90% of regular fans flew.
4 of 6 "fliers" are Griz fans. They're flying no matter where it is short of Missoula, Bozeman or Pocatello. xcoffeex

* That's exactly why I made it a public poll. So we could see not only how many flew, but WHO flew.

griz8791
March 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Drove to Billings and then flew Allegiant to Vegas where I changed to a real airline. This really held the cost down.

Syntax Error
March 26th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I have flown into Chatty, Memphis, Nashville, and Atlanta. But the cost (flight/rental) was so prohibitive I have driven the last three years from Chicago. Having been to so many champ games now I would say most students drive without flying. Those with $$$ (parents/charters/etc.) would fly then rental car.

Eight Legger
March 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
We drove from Richmond, 5 hours one day, 4 or so the next.

TheValleyRaider
March 26th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Did you pay? If not, you don't count. :p

Given who else was on the flight, I think my tuition did xsmiley_wix

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Except that 75% of I-AA teams are IN the eastern time zone. Keep fooling yourself because you certainly don't have anyone here fooled.

Boo hoo.

Get on a plane if you want to go to the game.

Touchdown Yosef
March 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Drove from Asheville in 2005, Boone in 2006, and Charlotte in 2007. None of the drives were too bad but I could not drive to Houston as suggested and going would then be in serious question, particularly with a weekday game. I hate a weekday game b/c of the required vacation I would rather see the game on a Saturday night, no vacation time but Friday night works pretty well too.

If I lived a bit closer I would go every year, one more excuse to tailgate.

AshevilleApp2
March 26th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Boo hoo.

Why fly when driving is so much cheaper?

elon77
March 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
After this coming season I will let you know.xnodx

trouthunter
March 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
'01 paid big $$ for the charter--drove to Great Falls, flew to Chatty.

'04 flew to Atlanta, drove to Chatty

'08 flew to Denver, missed the connection, flew back to Montana

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Boo hoo.

xlolx Relentless. Why not have it in Europe? I hear Paris is a great destination for vacations. Actually the Bahamas would be nicer that time of year. I mean, if you want to go to the game, buy a plane ticket. xnutsx

Touchdown Yosef
March 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Boo hoo.

Yes boo hoo to the majority of people who can't afford a short notice plane ticket. Driving to the game with a full car is very cheap compared to 4 people each buying a 400 dollar plane ticket and then renting a car. Plus the biggest downside is not having all my tailgate gear. I want to be able to drive and a central location to the highest number of FCS schools makes the most sense. Texas is probably one of the worst options behind say Bozeman or another west coast school.

I know its a raw deal for the west coast schools that have to fly but having the game at an east coast stadium by far makes the most sense and Chatty is the best option, hands down.

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Count right now is 16-2 discounting Griz fans who are going to have to fly if it's in Chatty or Houston or Orlando or Vegas or....

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I guess we'll find out when Chatty pulls their bid, as their AD said they will do.

AshevilleApp2
March 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I guess we'll find out when Chatty pulls their bid, as their AD said they will do.

Link please.

clenz
March 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I'm guessing any team west of UNI would fly. I know in 05 UNI most UNI fans drove, but I can't imagine any school further west than UNI driving.

AshevilleApp2
March 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'm guessing any team west of UNI would fly. I know in 05 UNI most UNI fans drove, but I can't imagine any school further west than UNI driving.

True, but I only recall one team west of UNI making the championship game in this decade.

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
The City of Chattanooga has an Athletic Director? xconfusedx Who knew?

appmaj
March 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
1.5 Hours From Oak Ridge, TN

Touchdown Yosef
March 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM

Yes I would also like to see this made credible. Even if that were to happen it still wont move west.

Uncle Rico's Clan
March 26th, 2009, 02:28 PM
And honestly if Allegiant sticks around in missoula with their cheap flights to bigger hubs like Phoenix, Vegas and LA i think alot of Griz fans will still fly to those places then drive if necessary. An allegiant flight to Vegas is shorter and in most cases cheaper than driving to Vegas.

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Link please.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2008/10/29/chattanooga-fcs-final-will-move-to-janua?blog=2

UTC athletic director Rick Hart is also against the switch.

“I don’t personally think this decision is in the best interests of the game,” he said Tuesday. “I think it could significantly impact a lot of the equity that has built up in the game.

Because of the flexibility with the dates, Hart said, “it’s going to be challenging, year to year, to commit to a game, not only as a host institution, when you don’t know when it’s going to occur.”

mcveyrl
March 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Was coming from Virginia Beach in '04. Drove to parents house in Bristol (8 hours), then drove to Chatty with friends (2.5-3 hours).

Now it would take me about 2.5 hours to get there.

Touchdown Yosef
March 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2008/10/29/chattanooga-fcs-final-will-move-to-janua?blog=2

No where in that article did it say Chattanooga does not want to host the game past 2010.

We love having the game in Chattanooga,” Leech said, “and we want the game to stay in Chattanooga

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM

xconfusedx

“We love having the game in Chattanooga,” Leech said, “and we want the game to stay in Chattanooga.”

I can't understand why people question you here. xcoolx

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM

“I don’t personally think this decision is in the best interests of the game,” he said Tuesday. “I think it could significantly impact a lot of the equity that has built up in the game.

Because of the flexibility with the dates, Hart said, “it’s going to be challenging, year to year, to commit to a game, not only as a host institution, when you don’t know when it’s going to occur.”

It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right -- group of words is a sentence.

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM
App and the rest of the SoCon have had their turn to get to drive to the games.

Move it somewhere else and give another conference their turn.

Move it closer to he CAA schools.

AtlantaMountaineer
March 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Made the easy 2 hours drive up from Atlanta in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and hopefully in 2009.

Touchdown Yosef
March 26th, 2009, 03:45 PM
It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right -- group of words is a sentence.

yes and where did you READ that Chatty's AD "said they will be pulling their bid" they said it will be challenging but not that they won't be hosting it in the future.

FCS Go!
March 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Drove from Washington DC, 9 hours(?).

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 04:08 PM
yes and where did you READ that Chatty's AD "said they will be pulling their bid" they said it will be challenging but not that they won't be hosting it in the future.

You hope not!

App has enjoyed their home game.

SideLine Shooter
March 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Driven the last 4 years. A 6 hour drive from here.

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
App and the rest of the SoCon have had their turn to get to drive to the games.

Move it somewhere else and give another conference their turn.

Move it closer to he CAA schools.
Are you not paying attention? (that one is rhetorical) The CAA schools are driving to Chatty. So was the Gateway team, so was the Southland team....

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Practice what you preach. YOU made the claim the UTC AD said they were pulling the bid. I still see nothing that approaches backing that up.

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Are you not paying attention? (that one is rhetorical) The CAA schools are driving to Chatty. So was the Gateway team, so was the Southland team....

The posters on these boards don't represent the typical fanbases. Not in the slightest.

I'd be interested in actual, scientific study/survey to find out who drove vs. flew. This thread is a joke if it's suppose to prove something.

89Hen
March 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM
UNI fans flew
One flew, one drove. The other lives in Denver. xcoffeex

Syntax Error
March 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM
App and the rest of the SoCon have had their turn to get to drive to the games.That's because they actually have teams that PLAY IN THE GAME. If your team ever makes it to the champ game then you will have your chance to drive. Or you could come anyway and see for yourself.

MplsBison
March 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
That's because they actually have teams that PLAY IN THE GAME. If your team ever makes it to the champ game then you will have your chance to drive. Or you could come anyway and see for yourself.

Moot point as we'll see what happens when Chatty decides not to submit a bid in the future.

Love to see someplace warmer put a bid in! Houston!

McNeese75
March 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Flew in 1997
Drove in 2002

Syntax Error
March 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Moot point as we'll see what happens when Chatty decides not to submit a bid in the future. Love to see someplace warmer put a bid in! Houston!I do not think a scenario can be made where Frank does not bid. Try to get educated on the players in the bid. Sorry ND is so cold and TN is not. xrolleyesx

Grizo406
March 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Flew out of Missoula, with a stop in Helena, and straight through to Chattanooga on a terrific, well organized AAA charter.

Despite the Griz loss, it was an amazing trip! I can't wait to go back to Chattanooga...those folks have their act together!

89Hen
March 27th, 2009, 08:05 AM
when Chatty decides not to submit a bid in the future.
When? You've already been shown to be WRONG on that contention. xcoffeex

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I do not think a scenario can be made where Frank does not bid. Try to get educated on the players in the bid. Sorry ND is so cold and TN is not. xrolleyesx

I certainly can:

Average low temp in Chattanooga Tenn in Jan: 29.9 F. Burning up!

You guys are so full of it... it's sad xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 08:26 AM
When? You've already been shown to be WRONG on that contention. xcoffeex

The quote from the AD clearly shows they were considering pulling their bid if the change went through, and it did:

89Hen
March 27th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The quote from the AD clearly shows they were considering pulling their bid if the change went through, and it did:
No. It doesn't. xnutsx

Dukie95
March 27th, 2009, 09:58 AM
The Chattanooga Choo-Choo

SideLine Shooter
March 27th, 2009, 10:06 AM
The Chattanooga Choo-Choo

A funny!xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlol xxlolxxlolxxlolx

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
No. It doesn't. xnutsx

Continue on with your head firmly in the sand.

I await your response when Chatty pulls its bid.

Syntax Error
March 27th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Average low temp in Chattanooga Tenn in Jan: 29.9 F. Burning up!Average high temp in Chattanooga Tenn in Jan is 50F. Houston's average January temp is 52F. Your point?

jmufan999
March 27th, 2009, 11:57 AM
drove up from Atlanta, 2.5 hour drive i think? i don't remember because it was 2004.

hey, you never said WHEN. :) but i did go. great time. i still think they should move the location around, but it's relatively close to JMU, so that's good. no problem keeping it on the east coast since there are far MORE FCS schools in the east than on the west (it's not even close). please note: i'm NOT saying FCS eastern schools are BETTER, i'm saying there are many, many more OF them.

Jiggs
March 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
drove up from Birmingham - 2+ hours.

Touchdown Yosef
March 27th, 2009, 12:52 PM

The bottom line is that while Chatty may be unhappy with the move they do not say they will be pulling their bid. I would even say its a very long shot to say that is implied. You continue to keep your head in the sand in reference to the last line in the article that says Chatty would love to continue to host the NC.

You can't know that they will pull their bid out unless you have personally spoken to the AD and city officials and have inside information that is not in that article, b/c that article does not in any way support your claims that Chatty will not continue to host the NC Game by choice in the future.

Syntax Error
March 27th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I could further hijack this thread by asking how much say does the UTC AD have in whether the game is hosted in Chatty or not, but I won't. ;)

_..-------++._
_.-'/ | _|| \"--._
__.--'`._/_\j_____/_||___\ `----.
_.--'_____ | \ _____ /
_j /,---.\ | =o | /,---.\ |_
[__]==// .-. \\==`===========/==// .-. \\=[__]
`-._|\ `-' /|___\_________/___|\ `-' /|_.' hjw
`---' `---'

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Average high temp in Chattanooga Tenn in Jan is 50F. Houston's average January temp is 52F. Your point?

The game will be played at night thus avg high is worthless.

Avg low for Houston in Jan = 41.2 F(http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Texas/Houston/)

Not exactly on fire, but at least bareable (and above freezing!).

Chatty is cold at night, don't even bother trying to argue out of that one.

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 01:18 PM
The bottom line is that while Chatty may be unhappy with the move they do not say they will be pulling their bid. I would even say its a very long shot to say that is implied. You continue to keep your head in the sand in reference to the last line in the article that says Chatty would love to continue to host the NC.

You can't know that they will pull their bid out unless you have personally spoken to the AD and city officials and have inside information that is not in that article, b/c that article does not in any way support your claims that Chatty will not continue to host the NC Game by choice in the future.

The AD of the host school would not make that comment if pulling the bid was off the table.

They've discussed it and it's something they are willing to follow through on.

Too bad app...

Syntax Error
March 27th, 2009, 01:25 PM
The game will be played at night thus avg high is worthless.So sez the fortuneteller seeing into the future.
Chatty is cold at night, don't even bother trying to argue out of that one.So is Houston, your point?

Have you ever driven or flew to the NCAA Division I Football Championship game? If not, why are you posting in this thread except to troll? xsmhx

BigHouseClosedEnd
March 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
We drove down to Chattanooga from Richmond (9 hours). I would guess flying versus driving for the Richmond fans was about 50-50.

I hope the game stays in Chattanooga, no matter the month it is played in.

BigHouseClosedEnd
March 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
The AD of the host school would not make that comment if pulling the bid was off the table.

Too bad app...

Appalachain won 3 straight titles because they had the best players ... not because the Championship was in their backyard.

I submit they would have won the title in 06 if the game was played at Umass and in 07 if the game was played in Delaware Stadium.

It doesn't matter.

Touchdown Yosef
March 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Too bad app...

Not really an Appalachian issue here so no need to apologize, App travels well and the school did a great job of requesting the maximum amount of tickets available. Anywhere within driving distance of North Carolina would have looked like a home game for us. If I had it my way the game would be in Charleston but reality is that Chatty is a much more central location that would allow far more fans (and broke students) to drive to the game as opposed to a city that is not surrounded by FCS schools.

I also doubt that the city of Chattanooga is going to give up what has been a nice revenue and tourism stream for them b/c of a small change that doesn't make all that much difference to them unless the change drastically affects attendance. Its not like the stadium is going to be used for much else in January.

GannonFan
March 27th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I also doubt that the city of Chattanooga is going to give up what has been a nice revenue and tourism stream for them b/c of a small change that doesn't make all that much difference to them unless the change drastically affects attendance. Its not like the stadium is going to be used for much else in January.

And that's the elephant in the room that could be more significant than people have made it out to be. Playing the championship on a weeknight, Wednesday in particular, in the first week when most of the nation is back to work and kids are back in school, could have a very real impact on who's going to the game. Having to take extra vacation days and having to pull kids out of school right after they went back to school aren't small deals at all, even for the most die-hards among us. Time will tell if we lose more fans because of that as opposed to the numbers we might gain by having more lead time before the game.

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 02:34 PM
So sez the fortuneteller seeing into the future.So is Houston, your point?

Have you ever driven or flew to the NCAA Division I Football Championship game? If not, why are you posting in this thread except to troll? xsmhx

I'll take 40s over 20s any day.

Not to mention small mountain town vs. diverse metropolis.

Not even close.

As is...I will never go to Chatty for the NC unless NDSU goes.

If it was someplace fun...bet your rear end I would go.

And I represent the majority on that one...unlike this board who would go to the game if it were on a Siberian island.

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 02:36 PM
And that's the elephant in the room that could be more significant than people have made it out to be. Playing the championship on a weeknight, Wednesday in particular, in the first week when most of the nation is back to work and kids are back in school, could have a very real impact on who's going to the game. Having to take extra vacation days and having to pull kids out of school right after they went back to school aren't small deals at all, even for the most die-hards among us. Time will tell if we lose more fans because of that as opposed to the numbers we might gain by having more lead time before the game.

Great point!

I'm looking to see a ~40% attendace drop for the NC game in Chatty.

Putting the game in a more fan-friendly location might stem that loss.

GannonFan
March 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM

And I represent the majority on that one...unlike this board who would go to the game if it were on a Siberian island.

That vast majority of people who go to the championship game are in some way affiliated with the two schools playing in the title game. There are people who go regardless of who's in the game, but that's not a large number at all.

Great point!

I'm looking to see a ~40% attendace drop for the NC game in Chatty.

Putting the game in a more fan-friendly location might stem that loss.

I think the issue is irregardless of where the game is played. Ultimately, it's the game and the oppurtunity that drives (no pun intended) people to go - the location is a nice "also" but at the end of the day, it's not going to be a big deal.

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I disagree fully on that one....esp. for the younger crowd with no kids.

They're looking for a party during the weekend.

GannonFan
March 27th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I disagree fully on that one....esp. for the younger crowd with no kids.

They're looking for a party during the weekend.

Most college kids aren't back in school that first week in January. If they can somehow get to the game, they'll do so regardless of it being in Chatty in the middle of December or the first week in January. For college kids, the party's not restricted to just the weekend. xthumbsupx

MplsBison
March 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Most college kids aren't back in school that first week in January. If they can somehow get to the game, they'll do so regardless of it being in Chatty in the middle of December or the first week in January. For college kids, the party's not restricted to just the weekend. xthumbsupx

College kids aren't going to drive to some cold, backwater, mountain town just to watch the game.

That was my point.

Give them some incentive to make the trip. Give them a warm location and a good nightlife...they'll make the trip.

eaglesrthe1
March 27th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Drove, from Savannah.

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2009, 06:51 PM
College kids aren't going to drive to some cold, backwater, mountain town just to watch the game.

That was my point.

Give them some incentive to make the trip. Give them a warm location and a good nightlife...they'll make the trip.

You've never been to the game or Chattanooga... have you?

KAUMASS
March 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Flew to Nashville, drove an hour to two hours to Chatty.. Passed many historic landmarks on the highway, all still & moonshine locations.

GannonFan
March 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM

That was my point.

College kids are already driving to Chatty - seriously, they want beer, and lots of it. Considering they drink it in the parking lot, and a lot in Chatty looks just like a parking lot anywhere else in the country, they aren't the ones likely to be affected by a location change. If you're arguing this from a college kid perspective, and that moving it from Chatty is going to make a big difference, I have to wonder how many college kids you know.

CrackerRiley
March 27th, 2009, 11:27 PM

I did. Best times of my life. Honestly.

Henny
March 27th, 2009, 11:37 PM
In 2003 and 2007

Drove down starting at 3:00AM and arriving in time to tailgate(took caffiene tablets with beer). Approx 11.5 hours minus the speeding ticket we got in Knoxville in 07. We turned around and drove home the next morning.

Barring a catistrophic event, If the Hens get back, I'll do it again. Chatty is a great place for this event and worth every minute of the drive.

MplsBison
March 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
College kids are already driving to Chatty - seriously, they want beer, and lots of it. Considering they drink it in the parking lot, and a lot in Chatty looks just like a parking lot anywhere else in the country, they aren't the ones likely to be affected by a location change. If you're arguing this from a college kid perspective, and that moving it from Chatty is going to make a big difference, I have to wonder how many college kids you know.

Drinking beer in a parking lot is not nightlife.

I'm wondering how many college kids YOU know. Apparantly not city kids.

Also..it's cold in Chatty.

Don't dismiss the warm location argument. I guess you just don't realize what an incentive warm weather is until you live in a cold weather state.

GannonFan
March 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Don't dismiss the warm location argument. I guess you just don't realize what an incentive warm weather is until you live in a cold weather state.

Yeah. living in PA for most of my life, I've always felt this state to be tropical!!! xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

89Hen
March 28th, 2009, 10:02 AM

CHEAP talk and nothing more. Why take the word of people who have been there? That would almost like be taking the word of NFL players when they say they'd rather play on grass than fake turf. xrolleyesx You live in your own little world and everyone here can see through the BS you try to pass off as fact.

MplsBison
March 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
It's all moot.

If Chatty pulls its bid, then we'll see what the NCAA has been planning all along.

89Hen
March 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM

I'm wondering how many college kids YOU know. Most college kids I know can't afford to hop a plane to Vegas or Houston or Orlando, stay in a hotel, and pay for any "nightlife". Nightlife for 90% of college kids is drinking cheap beer with friends and chicks

As for Chatty conditions, nightlife, fun factor.... the fact that you've never been kind of makes anything you say about it rather irrelevant. 90% of posters here who have been to the game loved it.

89Hen
March 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM
It's all moot.

If Chatty pulls its bid
IF? You mean when. Didn't the AD for UTC say the City of Chattanooga was going to pull their bid? xrolleyesx

MplsBison
March 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'm wondering how many college kids YOU know. Most college kids I know can't afford to hop a plane to Vegas or Houston or Orlando, stay in a hotel, and pay for any "nightlife". Nightlife for 90% of college kids is drinking cheap beer with friends and chicks

As for Chatty conditions, nightlife, fun factor.... the fact that you've never been kind of makes anything you say about it rather irrelevant. 90% of posters here who have been to the game loved it.

And as I've pointed out time and again...the posters here do not represent the general fanbase. They would go to the game if it were on a Siberian island and drink PBR on a frozen lake so long as someone put a sign up that said "tailgating here".

By the way...have you heard about this thing they have now a days for college kids: "spring break"?

Yeah, from what I've heard, all these college kids from the north head down south for warm weather and tons of alcohol and pack night clubs on the beach like they were being banned next week.

Hmm....

MplsBison
March 28th, 2009, 10:13 AM
IF? You mean when. Didn't the AD for UTC say the City of Chattanooga was going to pull their bid? xrolleyesx

No, but he strongly hinted at the possibility.

Touchdown Yosef
March 28th, 2009, 10:19 AM
It's all moot.

If Chatty pulls its bid, then we'll see what the NCAA has been planning all along.

Yes we will, and since you are all knowing we will see this in a few years, but your argument of college kids needing a better location to make the trip is asinine. College kids make the trip to see their team not to tour the city. I would bet that the attendance at the game is pretty proportionate to the number of people that attend the games of their teams at home. More fans in general means more fans make the trip. College students will have fun anywhere and if they are fans of their team then they will go where they are playing if they can afford it. I think the biggest factor is price. If they can afford it they will go but if not they will have a great time watching it on TV, and the major factor in affordability is drive vs. fly.

Move the game to a warm location that is isolated from most FCS schools and trust fund types and rich alumni will still make the trip but you will lose a ton of fans who want nothing more than to be there to cheer their team on but cannot make the trip b/c they couldn't swing a plane ticket at 400+ a rental car (and some companies will not rent to someone of college age), hotel, and meals out. Bottom line is there are just not all that many college kids that can swing that kind of trip. If party scene is really the issue just wait and have the game over spring break in Daytona. The most important factor when choosing a location is not tropical weather or tourist destinations, its a central geographic location to the highest number of FCS schools. Plus having it in an FCS town I think helps as well.

on a completely unrelated note, that was my 1,000th post and I'm pretty excited about it.

89Hen
March 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Moot point as we'll see what happens when Chatty decides not to submit a bid in the future.

Love to see someplace warmer put a bid in! Houston!

Too bad app...

It's all moot.

No, but he strongly hinted at the possibility.
xlolx My how the tune changes. You might be the first poster I ever put on ignore.