PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal Predictions

Wellington
November 26th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I would like to start this off. Based on todays (Saturdays) performance, which teams will win?

Northern Iowa at New Hampshire

Cal Poly at Texas St.

Furman at Richmond

Southern Illinois at Appalachian St.

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Though my predictions in the first round proved less than stellar (50%), I'll go with New Hampshire, Texas St., Furman, and Appalachian as the semi-finalists, but none of these games look to be a sure pick.

Wellington
November 26th, 2005, 11:55 PM
The Richmond Furman game, and the Cal Poly-Texas State game seem to be hard to predict on who is going to win.
Winners: App, Cal Poly, Richmond, and UNH.

blur2005
November 27th, 2005, 12:00 AM
The Richmond Furman game, and the Cal Poly-Texas State game seem to be hard to predict on who is going to win.
Winners: App, Cal Poly, Richmond, and UNH.
Agreed.

FargoBison
November 27th, 2005, 12:33 AM
My Predictions

Cal Poly at Texas St- This should be a great game, with both teams coming off huge wins. I think Cal Poly takes this game and wins it in the 4th quarter on the legs of running back Noble.

Cal Poly 31
Texas St 21

UNI at UNH- The question here seems to be is can the dome team UNI go out and beat the best team in the country in the cold. I think they have a chance but UNH just has too much offense and I don't think UNI has the guns to contain them.

UNI-34
UNH-45

Furman at Richmond- Richmond is rolling right now but will face a much more difficult task this Saturday against Furman. But I have to go with the hot hand.

Furman-24
Richmond-27

SIU at App St- App St struggled a bit early on this weekend against Lafayette and will face a tougher challange this weekend in SIU. But I think App St is the best team in IAA and will prove so this weekend agianst SIU.

SIU-24
App St-38

youwouldno
November 27th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Furman over Richmond

TX St over Cal Poly

App St over SIU

UNH over UNI

I don't see any of these as tossups. Any of the three surviving seeds could be upset but there isn't a game where it seems terribly likely. Richmond is at home but Furman has a better offense than any team they've played save Vandy. The Nicholls game doesn't change that... totally different matchup.

A lot of points are going to be scored next weekend.

Chi Panther
November 27th, 2005, 12:36 AM
Furman over Richmond

TX St over Cal Poly

App St over SIU

UNH over UNI

I don't see any of these as tossups. Any of the three surviving seeds could be upset but there isn't a game where it seems terribly likely. Richmond is at home but Furman has a better offense than any team they've played save Vandy. The Nicholls game doesn't change that... totally different matchup.

A lot of points are going to be scored next weekend.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

jonsoup
November 27th, 2005, 12:41 AM
I predict UNI will win 44 - 41. :cool:

blackfordpu
November 27th, 2005, 07:49 PM
New Hampshire over Northern Iowa

Cal Poly over Texas St.

Richmond over Furman

Appalachian St over Southern Illinois

bcrawf
November 27th, 2005, 08:04 PM
UNI 34
UNH 28

CP 34
TSU 21

Furman 17
Richmond 13

SIU 24
ASU 14

Another big day for the Gateway and the end of the A10 for 2005.

Go Salukis- We will see you in Chattanooga (Unless of course you would rather come to Cedar Falls :D :D :D )

yosefcity
November 27th, 2005, 08:14 PM
UNI 31
UNH 45

Cal Poly 17
TSU 35

Furman 41
Richmond 34

SIU 24
ASU 35