PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Conference Champion University At Albany Announces 2009 Football Schedule

CSN Log
March 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
03-24-2009 01:00 PM

Northeast Conference Champion University At Albany Announces 2009 Football Schedule

University at Albany Vice President and Director of Athletics Lee McElroy announced today the school’s football schedule for the 2009 season. The Great Danes, who are coming off consecutive Northeast Conference championships, meet a group of challenging Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) opponents. The non-league schedule features Georgia Southern and Massachusetts, two programs that have won FCS national championships, Maine and Bryant. In addition, UAlbany battles seven NEC teams.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/03/24/northeast-conference-champion-university?blog=2#more4483)

danefan
March 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM
2009 University at Albany Football Schedule
September
5 (Sat.), at Georgia Southern, TBA
12 (Sat.), at Massachusetts, TBA
19 (Sat.), Maine, 4:00
26 (Sat.), Sacred Heart*, 4:00.
October
3 (Sat.), at Saint Francis, Pa.*, 1:00
10 (Sat.), Duquesne*, 1:00 (HC)
17 (Sat.), Bryant, 1:00
24 (Sat.), at Monmouth*, TBA
31 (Sat.), at Central Connecticut State*, 12:00.
November
7 (Sat.), Robert Morris*, 1:00
21 (Sat.), at Wagner*, TBA.

*Northeast Conference Opponent
(HC) - Homecoming/Family Weekend
All Times Eastern

UNHWildCats
March 24th, 2009, 01:24 PM
awesome, I hit my guess dead on a few weeks ago

aceinthehole
March 24th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Congrats, a very good non-conference schedule:

at Georgia Southern (SoCon)
at UMass (CAA)
vs Maine (CAA)
vs Bryant (Indy)

danefan
March 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM
why would this be moved out of the FCS discussion thread? It no longer shows up when you press "new".

I respectfully request that it be put back where I had originally posted it.

nwFL Griz
March 24th, 2009, 01:50 PM
why would this be moved out of the FCS discussion thread? It no longer shows up when you press "new".

I respectfully request that it be put back where I had originally posted it.

Agree, this seems like an attempt to force feed CSN Log posts. It was posted in fcs discussion and should have remained there.

Mod44
March 24th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry for any confusion. Duplicate threads are combined into the original one. The FCS news feeds are discussion and now they appear in the new posts link at the top. This thread was originally in FCS news feeds. No need to have two threads of the same thing. It is good to have more FCS posts and that is why AGS has the news feeds, to add discussion. There is a thread about this on the General board if you'd like to add an opinion.

TexasTerror
March 24th, 2009, 09:58 PM
at Georgia Southern (SoCon)
at UMass (CAA)
vs Maine (CAA)
vs Bryant (Indy)

Let's say Albany goes 3-1 (the loss at UMass) and then goes on to win the remainder of their schedule, will that be good enough for a sniff of the playoffs?

putter
March 24th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Let's say Albany goes 3-1 (the loss at UMass) and then goes on to win the remainder of their schedule, will that be good enough for a sniff of the playoffs?

I think that would be up to the quality of seasons both GSU and Maine have.

Syntax Error
March 25th, 2009, 01:22 AM
2009 University at Albany Football Schedule
September
5 (Sat.), at Georgia Southern, TBA
12 (Sat.), at Massachusetts, TBA
19 (Sat.), Maine, 4:00

Start 3-0/2-1 and playoffs loom.

danefan
March 25th, 2009, 07:29 AM

If they end up 10-1 with a loss to either UMass, Maine or GSU I think they should get in the playoffs.

If they are ranked higher than average of 16 or better (Coaches, Sportsnetwork and Modified GPI) than the committee has to give them a bid.

It all depends on how the season plays out though for other conferences and Albany has to rebuild an offensive line that lost three all-conference players.

We did get some good news a few days ago that our #1 receiver was granted a 6th year of eligiblity for a medical issue he had at his JUCO. Our #1 safety will also be back this year for his 6th year after missing last year with a knee reconstruction. xthumbsupx

We have a 3-year starter at QB and the nation's #1 rusher coming back. It could be an interesting year.

UNHWildCats
March 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
i will be rooting for Albany this year until such a time as they face UNH in the playoffs :p