PDA

View Full Version : Good game UNI

EWURanger
November 26th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Congrats on a great game UNI. I still can't believe we blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead, but that's the way it goes. I think if this game was played in Washington, we win......but you guys definitely had the dome in your favor. I think the noise did play a significant part.....we seemed confused there on the last 3 offensive series or so.

You guys have to agree though, we gave you everything you wanted and more. Congrats again.

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2005, 10:37 PM
A jimdandy shootout. Neither team has anything to hang their head about.

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM
amazing game.....both teams deserved to win.....

Go CATS!!!! BEAT UNH!!!!!

EWURanger
November 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Yup, I'm sad to see Meyer and Kimble to go out with a loss, but they both had stellar careers.

Boy, every time we come to that damn dome, we lose by three......what it up with that???

rcny46
November 26th, 2005, 10:39 PM
amazing game.....both teams deserved to win.....

Go CATS!!!! BEAT UNH!!!!!

You should be able to do that.

siugrad99
November 26th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Congrats UNI !

UNHknowledge
November 26th, 2005, 10:46 PM
You should be able to do that.

I insist that you take your "UNH fan" sign down. Nobody respects your onesided opinions on how bad this 11-1 UNH team is. Please buzzoff.

D1B
November 26th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Congrats on a great game UNI. I still can't believe we blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead, but that's the way it goes. I think if this game was played in Washington, we win......but you guys definitely had the dome in your favor. I think the noise did play a significant part.....we seemed confused there on the last 3 offensive series or so.

You guys have to agree though, we gave you everything you wanted and more. Congrats again.

Thanks Ranger. Cap'n was giving me updates throughout the game. He had nothing but good things to say about EWU's offense and class.

A couple things -

The dome was half full tonight, so I doubt noise had much to do with the outcome.

I thought I read on a post that EWU played multiple games in domes this year, so?????......

You were confused because you couldn't adjust to the blitz packages thrown at you in the 3rd Q. We barely blitzed before that.

The game may have been different in Wash, but it wasn't. You will have to play somewhere else at least once to win the NC.

Just :twocents:

D1B
November 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Congratulations SIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DuckDuckGriz
November 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM
AWESOME GAME!
And to top it off skinny uncle used the term "jimdandy."

My day is much better.

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 10:57 PM
My :twocents:

When playing at the UNI-DOME 3rd and Long = Timeout.....

EWU's last possession.......NO TIMEOUTS......

blukeys
November 26th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Congrats to both teams. It was an exciting game all the way around. I've listened to 2 games this year in the Dome and the crowd noise is impressive.
This game was Definitely fun to listen to and a great way to end a I-AA Saturday. :) :) :)

rcny46
November 26th, 2005, 10:59 PM
I insist that you take your "UNH fan" sign down. Nobody respects your onesided opinions on how bad this 11-1 UNH team is. Please buzzoff.

You again? Sorry,no can do.If I don't think UNH can beat Northern Iowa,whether I'm right or wrong,and in spite of what I saw today,should I just go ahead and say they can to keep you happy? What kind of a world do you live in? Do you mind if I ask what being 11-1 has to do with it? Hampton was 11-0.I may be full of crap,but that's just the way I see it.

Mountain Panther
November 26th, 2005, 11:00 PM
My :twocents:

When playing at the UNI-DOME 3rd and Long = Timeout.....

EWU's last possession.......NO TIMEOUTS......

Nice auto-sig Chi...I didn't know Steve-O of Jackass fame played for EWU?

DuckDuckGriz
November 26th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Nice auto-sig Chi...I didn't know Steve-O of Jackass fame played for EWU?

Now that sig is funny. I don't care who you are that's funny.

EWURanger
November 26th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks Ranger. Cap'n was giving me updates throughout the game. He had nothing but good things to say about EWU's offense and class.

A couple things -

The dome was half full tonight, so I doubt noise had much to do with the outcome.

I thought I read on a post that EWU played multiple games in domes this year, so?????......

You were confused because you couldn't adjust to the blitz packages thrown at you in the 3rd Q. We barely blitzed before that.

The game may have been different in Wash, but it wasn't. You will have to play somewhere else at least once to win the NC.

Just :twocents:

You're right about needing to win on the road....don't know about the other points, but we'll agree it was a great game.

D1B
November 26th, 2005, 11:07 PM
You're right about needing to win on the road....don't know about the other points, but we'll agree it was a great game.

Yep, EWU was one of best. I winced when I found out we had to play em in the first round! I picked them to win it all early in the year.

UNHknowledge
November 26th, 2005, 11:08 PM
You again? Sorry,no can do.If I don't think UNH can beat Northern Iowa,whether I'm right or wrong,and in spite of what I saw today,should I just go ahead and say they can to keep you happy? What kind of a world do you live in? Do you mind if I ask what being 11-1 has to do with it? Hampton was 11-0.I may be full of crap,but that's just the way I see it.

I will continue to be on your back until you take the sign down. You've been proved wrong about hmmm...11 times this year. UNH is 21-4 in 2 years, what should they have done the last 2 years to give them a "shot" against the almighty UNI Panthers? Seriously, I'd like to know where we went wrong in your eyes. Can UNI win? of course they can, but you're just over the top with your blatant negativity. You haven't written one positive post for UNH in 2 years which is amazing becuase you've had 21 chances to. I'm kindly asking you to just remove the sign. It's embarrasing for us other UNH faithful.

Chi Panther
November 26th, 2005, 11:09 PM
UNI had 506 yards total offense.....EWU had 481.......CRAZY.....

D1B
November 26th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I will continue to be on your back until you take the sign down. You've been proved wrong about hmmm...11 times this year. UNH is 21-4 in 2 years, what should they have done the last 2 years to give them a "shot" against the almighty UNI Panthers? Seriously, I'd like to know where we went wrong in your eyes. Can UNI win? of course they can, but you're just over the top with your blatant negativity. You haven't written one positive post for UNH in 2 years which is amazing becuase you've had 21 chances to. I'm kindly asking you to just remove the sign. It's embarrasing for us other UNH faithful.

UNHknowitall - First, get a life. Second, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Sounds like whenever that dude bets against UNH, they win. Duhhhhh...ShutTFU and things will be fine.

You're welcome. :cool:

UNHknowledge
November 26th, 2005, 11:18 PM
UNHknowitall - First, get a life. Second, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Sounds like whenever that dude bets against UNH, they win. Duhhhhh...ShutTFU and things will be fine.

You're welcome. :cool:

I can dig it. I've thought the same thing, but damn he bugs me. Congrats on the EWU win. Next week will be a great match up.

P.S. appreciate your words...but don't need to be so hostile on the language.

D1B
November 26th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I can dig it. I've thought the same thing, but damn he bugs me. Congrats on the EWU win. Next week will be a great match up.

P.S. appreciate your words...but don't need to be so hostile on the language.

No harm intended, ever. Just my style - vulgar, overstated, and exagerrated.

Congrats to you. Cap'n and I will be there next week. Hope to meet some UNH folks. Heard many good words about your program. Saw you lose to Montana last year, still a good game.

kalm
November 27th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Great game UNI, congrats. With Sanders at the helm and homefield in the dome, you will be good for a long time. After watching the two high school teams go at it in Durham today, I think you guys smoke UNH and make it to the semi's. Best of luck!

Reed Rothchild
November 27th, 2005, 12:42 AM

The attendance was way underreported. I know cuz I was there. There was at least 11,000 there making a lot of noise. So much that it cost EWU 2 timeouts in the 2nd half leaving them with 1 left in the 4th qtr. Then they used that before our field goal and had none left for the last drive. The crowd noise made a difference today. I wish we could get another game there, perhaps in 2 weeks.

superbrett2000
November 27th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Yea, that was one heck of a game. I was dissapointed that we lost, but I dont feel quite so bad losing to what appeared to be a solid UNI team. The last few seasons have made me proud to be an EWU football fan and hopefully they are just the begining of many successful seasons to come.

I guess on a bright note, my old high school football team advanced to the Washington State football championship game today. Atleast I still have one of my teams to root for!

PantherMan
November 27th, 2005, 01:36 AM
The attendance was way underreported. I know cuz I was there. There was at least 11,000 there making a lot of noise. So much that it cost EWU 2 timeouts in the 2nd half leaving them with 1 left in the 4th qtr. Then they used that before our field goal and had none left for the last drive. The crowd noise made a difference today. I wish we could get another game there, perhaps in 2 weeks.

Ehh, it was underreported, as is always the case. I'd guesstimate more around 10,000ish though. The ends on both sides were near empty, while the middle was packed. 2/3 full would be somewhere in between our estimates, and that is about where we probably were.

D1B
November 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM

Cap'n estimated there were less than 8,000. Typical UNI - Students go home for the weekend to watch Iowa State or the Hawks. Sorry, but it's true.

I won't dispute the noise, but it couldn't have been louder than the SIU game.

PantherMan
November 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Cap'n estimated there were less than 8,000. Typical UNI - Students go home for the weekend to watch Iowa State or the Hawks. Sorry, but it's true.

I won't dispute the noise, but it couldn't have been louder than the SIU game.

Not louder than SIU, but I think that EWU might have taken for granted how loud that place gets in a close game. They were having trouble changing plays at the line all night, and had to burn at least 2 timeouts due to the noise. :hurray:

Blue42
November 27th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I was at the dome on Saturday. It was a classic. Two heavyweights slugging it out until the buzzer.

EWU has a real good team. Meyer is the real deal at QB. Big, fast, strong, great arm. I was sweating bullets when we kicked that field goal and gave that guy 55 seconds to score.

UNI's offense got bogged down in the 3rd Qtr and left the D out there too long, giving up 17 unanswered. The D was gassed early 4th Qtr and the offense came to life just in time, putting up 17 straight of their own. A great comeback by Sanders and the whole offense. D did a great job taking punch after punch but hanging in there to win it in the end.

EWU definately had the fire power to make a run deep into the playoffs. Panthers have to feel real good getting a win against a team like that. One of the better playoff wins I've seen.

Not a big crowd but they did a great job of coming to life when it counted. Not sure where the rest of the fans were. They missed a great football game. You won't see one more entertaining than that anywhere.

eagle1
November 27th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words Blue42. I totally agree with EWU's defense being out on the field too long and being exhausted on UNI's final drive. Sadly, in all of our losses this year that has been the case for our defense. I think all of our injuries and lack of depth showed as well in that 4th quarter. UNI is a good team and has a nice dome to play in. I am not a fan of domes but it is sure better then Idaho States and NAU. I thought that your fans were loud at the right times but they definetly were not 23,000 screaming Griz fans. Best of luck at UNH. I will be rooting for you. I certainly think that Erik Meyer deserves the Payton. Do most of you UNI fans agree? Thanks for the hospitality!

Reed Rothchild
November 27th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I certainly think that Erik Meyer deserves the Payton. Do most of you UNI fans agree?

I think he should at least be a finalist. I haven't seen the others play. I will decide after I see Santos and Nealy this weekend.

primetime21
November 28th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Not louder than SIU, but I think that EWU might have taken for granted how loud that place gets in a close game. They were having trouble changing plays at the line all night, and had to burn at least 2 timeouts due to the noise. :hurray:

I believe that without the crowd noise, they have those 2 timeouts and move the ball down the field for a possible tying fieldgoal. Without the timeouts they were so limited to sideline plays that they were much easier to defense. I give a piece of that victory to the great fans that showed up!

primetime21
November 28th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the kind words Blue42. I totally agree with EWU's defense being out on the field too long and being exhausted on UNI's final drive. Sadly, in all of our losses this year that has been the case for our defense. I think all of our injuries and lack of depth showed as well in that 4th quarter. UNI is a good team and has a nice dome to play in. I am not a fan of domes but it is sure better then Idaho States and NAU. I thought that your fans were loud at the right times but they definetly were not 23,000 screaming Griz fans. Best of luck at UNH. I will be rooting for you. I certainly think that Erik Meyer deserves the Payton. Do most of you UNI fans agree? Thanks for the hospitality!

Meyer was great to watch in action. He has an uncanny ability to see the entire field and has a such a calm demeanor about him. This young man deserves to be seriously considered for the Payton!

UNI MadCat
November 28th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I dont know what the actual attendance was and as I wrote in the thread "re" attendance that I started, I'm confused as to the proof that they do under-report. However, whether it was 7,700 or 10,700... those that were there were VERY loud. I was in the stands and I'm a bit of a fan-atic and can't stand it if I get told to sit down and was pleasantly surprised to see people standing on key "d" plays in the 1st half and pretty much every play in the 4th.

:hurray: :hurray:

Tom W
November 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Congrats to UNI, it had to be a very good team to beat EWU. Not because the Eagles are the greatest team 1-AA has ever seen, but because they have some great leaders and contributors that make them hard to beat! I think that the UNI coach said it right in the pre-game, "These are definatley two of the best teams in the intire field of 16"! The one thing that is the hardest for us EWU fans to handle is that we will not be able to watch this senior class again. Out of every 100 QBs with all the tools to be great there is maybe ONE that can play as if everbody else is in slow motion. ONE that can make the right reads and decisions, throw accurately and make very few mistakes! UNI also has one of those QB's and he was a walk on! Its not always easy to select the right one, maybe we EWU has another one already their and just waiting for his chance. Sanders will continue to give UNI a chance for years to come. Good luck the rest of the playoffs.