November 26th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Looks pretty good now! Commentary?

ChickenMan
November 26th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I-AA fans worst fears...

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 09:52 PM
It's all about match-ups.

I like Eastern Washington over UNH and Furman over Richmond next week. I wouldn't feel bad if I was wrong though.

AppGuy04
November 26th, 2005, 09:54 PM

I like Eastern Washington over UNH and Furman over Richmond next week. I wouldn't feel bad if I was wrong though.

blasphemy

ChickenMan
November 26th, 2005, 09:54 PM

I like UNH over anyone if they're playing in New Hampshire...

SunCoastBlueHen
November 26th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Nundishka! Wrong on both accounts!

matfu
November 26th, 2005, 09:55 PM
interesting that of the quarterfinalists last year, the only repeats this year are furman and eastern washington (up by 14 in 4th quarter).

i think ANY of the teams left could win it....although i would give cal poly and texas state less of a chance.

furman has not shown the consistency to make me think they will win it. i think app state is beatable. but only time will tell.

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I like UNH over anyone if they're playing in New Hampshire...

I'm starting to feel that way.....but I have to stick with my picks. 8-0 today :D .

NovaHater
November 26th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Looks pretty good now! Commentary?

Both A 10 schools will be hosting :hurray:

UNH blasts Colgate and still gets no respect because they played a Patriot League team.
Richmond goes to Hampton, the undefeated team with the two 1,000 yard rushers, ranked #2 and humiliates them. Won't mean anything because they are MEAC

The A 10 bashers will still give no respect xidiotx

ravens
November 26th, 2005, 10:22 PM

UNH blasts Colgate and still gets no respect because they played a Patriot League team.
Richmond goes to Hampton, the undefeated team with the two 1,000 yard rushers, ranked #2 and humiliates them. Won't mean anything because they are MEAC

No, I think UNH and Richmond are very strong. Being a SoCon fan I would hate to see A-10 repeat but Furman will have to play better at Richmond next week and UNH may continue to roll in that little snowny stadium. :confused:

blur2005
November 26th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Fairly predictable results in the first round for the A-10 boys. Just gotta keep rolling, which both teams are doing. I just want to especially congratulate Richmond for proving just how weak the MEAC really is. Thank you SPIDAHS!!

TigerFan17
November 26th, 2005, 10:34 PM

That might be hard to predict...EWU will be on the couch. :cool:

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Doh! I've been ragging on them all season. I should have known that their 4th Q lead was too good to be true :mad: .

ravens
November 26th, 2005, 10:40 PM

I've got A-10 teams winning both games.

GannonFan
November 26th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Both A10 teams came out today and played very well - granted, it was only a win over a Patriot League team (not a strong year for the Patriot) and a MEAC team, but that's two teams into the quarterfinals and both will host in the quarterfinal round (how Richmond beat Furman on the bid is a bit of a head scratcher but go figure). I like both A10 teams in the quarters as well - UNh has a dome UNI team that, as a program, hasn't won outside in the playoffs in almost a decade. Richmond takes on a Furman team that is finding ways to win despite finding ways to keep every game close - Tutt may be the difference that finally topples Furman.

Tod
November 26th, 2005, 11:06 PM

WHAT A-10 bashers???!!!!

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

umassfan
November 26th, 2005, 11:12 PM
A dome team in the snow of New England... we all know the result of that... just as the Colts. :smiley_wi

blukeys
November 26th, 2005, 11:19 PM
WHAT A-10 bashers???!!!!

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

Check the Richmond - Hampton thread. We actually pull for other A-10 teams and that is a bad thing, Especially those of us who are Delaware fans. UD is out of the playoffs and so we shouldn't root for other A-10 teams and we should definitely not be happy if either UNH or Richmond win. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blur2005
November 27th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Check the Richmond - Hampton thread. We actually pull for other A-10 teams and that is a bad thing, Especially those of us who are Delaware fans. UD is out of the playoffs and so we shouldn't root for other A-10 teams and we should definitely not be happy if either UNH or Richmond win. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Why not? I'm cheering for them. They rep our conference and when one of them wins the title, it'll be further proof that the A-10 is still the strongest conference in I-AA.

ravens
November 27th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Why not? I'm cheering for them. They rep our conference and when one of them wins the title, it'll be further proof that the A-10 is still the strongest conference in I-AA.

Now see that is what is wrong with you A-10 fans ( not even going to mention those delusional Big Sky and Gateway fans). You forget SoCon has as many national championships in the past 10 years as A-10, plus one school was so good they had to move up out of the AA. Now if you 3peat this year I will say you are the best, but you have to get past Furman and Appy first. If SoCon wins then you are the second strongest conference. :beerchug:

Pantherpower
November 27th, 2005, 12:20 AM
UNh has a dome UNI team that, as a program, hasn't won outside in the playoffs in almost a decade.

Seem to recall us going on the road in '01 and knocking off the Tony Romo-led EIU Panthers. 4 years=a decade, eh Gannon? ;)

November 27th, 2005, 01:13 AM
WHAT A-10 bashers???!!!!
xidiotx xidiotx xidiotxThat's anyone who doesn't splay at the A-10 alter of course. Forbid that you might see I-AA as a whole and not A-10 centric.

ravens
November 27th, 2005, 08:06 AM
That's anyone who doesn't splay at the A-10 alter of course. Forbid that you might see I-AA as a whole and not A-10 centric.
:bawling: No but if UNH or Richmond make it a 3peat with a third different, even us SoCon will have to fess up that the A-10 has braggin rights as the strongest conference :bow: Go Appy and Furman :hurray:

DC 'gater
November 27th, 2005, 09:11 AM
It hurts to say it but I have to go with UNH. Wow, they whipped us good.

GannonFan
November 27th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Seem to recall us going on the road in '01 and knocking off the Tony Romo-led EIU Panthers. 4 years=a decade, eh Gannon? ;)

My bad, forgot to add the provision about winning on the road outside, against a non-Ohio Valley team. That hasn't happened for quite some time.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM
That's anyone who doesn't splay at the A-10 alter of course. Forbid that you might see I-AA as a whole and not A-10 centric.
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/images/smiles/eusa_clap.gif

nmatsen
November 27th, 2005, 09:26 AM
My bad, forgot to add the provision about winning on the road outside, against a non-Ohio Valley team. That hasn't happened for quite some time.

That Ohio Valley team that year was a seeded 10-1 with its only loss coming to Penn State. We also played that game 1 day after a horrible snow storm followed by a 45 degree day which left the field set up for a mud wrestling match. Instead a 56-54 thriller!

ChickenMan
November 27th, 2005, 09:31 AM
That Ohio Valley team that year was a seeded 10-1 with its only loss coming to Penn State. We also played that game 1 day after a horrible snow storm followed by a 45 degree day which left the field set up for a mud wrestling match. Instead a 56-54 thriller!

I don't know who EIU lost to that year... but I know it wasn't Penn St... PSU hasn't played a I-AA since the early '80s.

UNHWildCats
November 27th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I don't know who EIU lost to that year... but I know it wasn't Penn St... PSU hasn't played a I-AA since the early '80s.

Sat. Sep 8 7:00 p.m. Indiana St. 44-14 W
Sat. Sep 22 12:00 p.m. at Eastern Kentucky 21-17 W
Sat. Sep 29 3:30 p.m. Tennessee Tech 44-33 W
Sat. Oct 6 11:00 p.m. at San Diego St. 7-40 L
Sat. Oct 13 2:30 p.m. SE Missouri St. 12-0 W
Sat. Oct 20 2:30 p.m. at Southern Illinois 49-21 W
Sat. Oct 27 2:30 p.m. Tennessee St. 52-49 W
Thu. Nov 1 7:30 p.m. at Tennessee Martin 56-16 W
Sat. Nov 10 4:00 p.m. at Florida Atlantic 38-10 W
Sat. Nov 17 3:30 p.m. Murray St. 37-6 W
Sat. Dec 1 1:30 p.m. Northern Iowa 43-49 L

SpiderMo
November 27th, 2005, 11:30 AM
ha! is matsen outside in the snow typing his posts? FLAIL.