PDA

View Full Version : Alcorn vs. Jackson St x2????

nwFL Griz
March 21st, 2009, 12:55 PM
Jackson St has their schedule posted (http://jsutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/jast-m-footbl-sched.html) and as of 3/21/2009 they have Alcorn St listed twice. Games on 11/21 and 11/26.

WTF??? If this is correct, this is a shameful situation and somebody is just not trying. There are currently several schools needing another opponent. Cal Poly, N. Dakota, S. Dakota....what's that? Too far away? How about Sam Houston St...or better yet, Alcorn, how about you play SELa like you were originally supposed to, after all you do have an open date on 9/12. (The date of the game you were supposed to play at SELa).

I know lots of teams are scrambling because of schedule concerns....but this is terrible.

If JSUs schedule is not listed correctly, and is just a typo, then my apologies all around.

FYI - schools needing an opponent:

Cal Poly
N. Dak
S. Dak
Stony Brook
Maine
Morgan St
Indiana St
N. Dakota St
Albany
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
Wagner
Austin Peay
Tenn-Martin
Davidson
Dayton
Drake
Morehead St
Valparaiso
Sam Houston St

TexasTerror
March 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
The JSU web site is not most up to date nor accurate web site...

Could say more, but that should sum it up for you.

nwFL Griz
March 21st, 2009, 07:07 PM

Maybe so, but I can say that they were probably the most accurate SWAC site during last years "schedule hunting" season.

Once they posted their schedule, I didn't have to make any changes on my list.

TexasTerror
March 21st, 2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe so, but I can say that they were probably the most accurate SWAC site during last years "schedule hunting" season.

Valid point - perhaps the trouble is when there is no pigskin involved.

JayJ79
March 21st, 2009, 10:15 PM
I highly doubt a football team is going to play the same football game twice in 6 days.

My money is on that being a mistake on their website.

813Jag
March 22nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Jackson St has their schedule posted (http://jsutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/jast-m-footbl-sched.html) and as of 3/21/2009 they have Alcorn St listed twice. Games on 11/21 and 11/26.

WTF??? If this is correct, this is a shameful situation and somebody is just not trying. There are currently several schools needing another opponent. Cal Poly, N. Dakota, S. Dakota....what's that? Too far away? How about Sam Houston St...or better yet, Alcorn, how about you play SELa like you were originally supposed to, after all you do have an open date on 9/12. (The date of the game you were supposed to play at SELa).

I know lots of teams are scrambling because of schedule concerns....but this is terrible.

If JSUs schedule is not listed correctly, and is just a typo, then my apologies all around.

Cal Poly
N. Dak
S. Dak
Stony Brook
Maine
Morgan St
Indiana St
N. Dakota St
Albany
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
Wagner
Austin Peay
Tenn-Martin
Davidson
Dayton
Drake
Morehead St
Valparaiso
Sam Houston St
That game was talked about being moved to Thanksgiving weekend.

GAD
March 22nd, 2009, 04:22 PM
That game was talked about being moved to Thanksgiving weekend.
At one time I believe it was played on Thanksgiving Day.

UMass922
March 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
It wouldn't be unprecedented--UMass and UConn played two regular-season games against each other in 1998 (UConn winning both).

Mr. Tiger
March 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Jackson State's AD is exploring the idea of playing the Alcorn State game on Thanksgiving Day. It was played on Thanksgiving before it was moved in the 80s due to scheduling conflicts with the playoffs. Since the SWAC is playing in the championship game with no end in sight, JSU's AD wants to move the game. But the problem is the game is a classic. So unless a deal can be worked out, Nov. 21 will be the date. Hence, the two dates.

jstate83
March 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM

Cal Poly
N. Dak
S. Dak
Stony Brook
Maine
Morgan St
Indiana St
N. Dakota St
Albany
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
Wagner
Austin Peay
Tenn-Martin
Davidson
Dayton
Drake
Morehead St
Valparaiso
Sam Houston St

It is not a typo.
They put it like that so people HERE will be ready for a date switch at any time.
The Alcorn/JSU game was played on THANKSGIVING DAY until 1980.
The game was moved from Thanksgiving day to the week before Thanksgiving when the playoff's for 1-AA got in full swing.

But since half the conference will be playing ON or the Weekend of Thanksgiving , talk's are under way to move the game back to it's original date on THANKSGIVING DAY.

That would provide a monster crowd and a mega payday for both school's.
People from all over the country come home to the Jackson Metro for Thanksgiving.
Most of the time, that is their only trip home for the year.
Not to mention, BLACK FRIDAY is the next day.

If this game is moved back to Thanksgiving day, I'll gurantee you the ticket sales will go from 30,000-40,000 up to over 50,000 for that game easy.
At $30 and up for ticket, you do the math.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

jstate83
March 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM

Stop jumping the gun son on thing's you are not up to speed on. xlolx

On the real, I'm surprised they got a schedule out this early. xlolx

nwFL Griz
March 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the info jstate. I did not know they used to play on thanksgiving weekend. Makes sense to me now.

813Jag
March 24th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the info jstate. I did not know they used to play on thanksgiving weekend. Makes sense to me now.
that's why you have to be careful who you get info from on this site. xreadx

TexasTerror
March 24th, 2009, 07:56 AM
that's why you have to be careful who you get info from on this site. xreadx

Well, sometimes the official web sites of schools are not the most accurate either. For example, lacking results from completed intercollegiate competition from a month ago.

It's as if it never happened... xsmhx

813Jag
March 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Well, sometimes the official web sites of schools are not the most accurate either. For example, lacking results from completed intercollegiate competition from a month ago.

maybe true but that isn't always the case, I know you know lots of things but sometimes there are people that are closer to the situation than you are. Instead of trying to always be the big man and make a typical statement. Let someone else answer the question. Who knows they may be right. (What a concept)

HIU 93
March 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM

It shows you that at the HBCUs you hate so much, we have more important things to do than sports, like educating kids.

jstate83
March 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM
It shows you that at the HBCUs you hate so much, we have more important things to do than sports, like educating kids.

Please quit entertaining him.
This guy has sent me PM after PM about the same bullshat.
He has a constant negative hard on for the SWAC.xsmhx

jstate83
March 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM

No problem. xthumbsupx
If they move this game back to Thanksgiving, this city will be lit up all week.
People will be here thru Thanksgiving, shop on Black Friday, and then head out to New Orlean's for the B.C. on that Friday night or Saturday morning.

Can you imagine a THANKSGIVING TAILGATE FOOD FEST IN THE SOUTH?
I might have to waddle down the isle to my seat cause there will Thanksgiving dinner at home for after the game and Turkey's frying at Memorial for the tailgate.

813Jag
March 24th, 2009, 11:17 AM
No problem. xthumbsupx
If they move this game back to Thanksgiving, this city will be lit up all week.
People will be here thru Thanksgiving, shop on Black Friday, and then head out to New Orlean's for the B.C. on that Friday night or Saturday morning.

Can you imagine a THANKSGIVING TAILGATE FOOD FEST IN THE SOUTH?
I might have to waddle down the isle to my seat cause there will Thanksgiving dinner at home for after the game and Turkey's frying at Memorial for the tailgate.
If they move that game I may have to double dip, especially since we're staying in New Orleans this year.