PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Spring Game to be Televised

McTailGator
March 18th, 2009, 08:36 AM
This will be like a 3 hour infomercial for Season Ticket sales as well as possible selling some remaining baseball and softball ticket packages too.

xthumbsupx

Note, McNeese will also be selling the first allotment of 2,500 tickets for the Tulane game, of which McNeese gets to keep the income from.

Tulane has promised us another 10,000 tickets once the first 2,500 are gone.

Fox 29 will be carring the game over the local airwaves in Southwest Louisiana, but the game will also be carried live over the internet at http://www.mcneesesports.com as well.

http://www.mcneesesports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=3694593

appfan2008
March 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM
that is awesome to hear that your game is televised... of course I just wish we had a game... cant wait to have you guys up here in boone!!!

also that is great news that you keep the income from the sale of the tickets...

GannonFan
March 18th, 2009, 09:12 AM
That's pretty cool. I'd still like to go to the Spring Game - for us up north it's a nice way to enjoy the Spring weather outdoors after a long winter, but if I couldn't get down to the game being able to watch it would be great. And hey, with a TiVo, you could analyze the Spring Game for months!!! xlolxxlolxxlolx:o

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
If those 2,500 tickets get sold - McNeese will have already won another battle against Tulane - more fans in the stands! ;)

McNeese already won the scheduling conflict with the Tulane athletic department while their fans made a mockery of Tulane's "not so in the know" fans...

GeauxLions94
March 18th, 2009, 11:19 AM
If those 2,500 tickets get sold - McNeese will have already won another battle against Tulane - more fans in the stands! ;)

McNeese already won the scheduling conflict with the Tulane athletic department while their fans made a mockery of Tulane's "not so in the know" fans...

Tulane has fans???

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Tulane has fans???

They have a few - just for baseball though - congrats Lions! xthumbsupx

GeauxLions94
March 18th, 2009, 02:13 PM
They have a few - just for baseball though - congrats Lions! xthumbsupx

Thanks. We go for two (and the Senator's Cup) tonight in Hammond

McTailGator
March 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM
that is awesome to hear that your game is televised... of course I just wish we had a game... cant wait to have you guys up here in boone!!!

also that is great news that you keep the income from the sale of the tickets...

Looking forward to the game and visiting Boone as well.

FWIW, I think it's a mistake not to have a Spring game due to depth issues.

IMO, THAT's HOW YOU DEVELOP DEPTH, but who am I to argue with a coach that has won 3 NC's. ;)

McTailGator
March 19th, 2009, 08:12 AM

A couple of their fans have stated on their board that it will be embarrasing if McNeese fans outnumber Greenie fans. ;)

I don't think that will happen, because many opposing teams fans try to make it a point to come to the game if McNeese is playing their school because our program is respected within the state.

Grambling, Southern, and ULL, all had their largest home crowds of the year when we played in their stadiums. NOT just because there were a lot of McNeese fans, but because more of their fans than usual wanted to see their team play McNeese.

McTailGator
March 19th, 2009, 08:14 AM

Tulane has a lot of good fans, but like every school, a couple of jackassess that think they are BCS bound every year.

I am pleased to see how many Tulane fans slap their own fans around when they get stupid and act like Louisiana Lafayette fans.xsmiley_wix

slycat
March 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Very cool that your spring game is televised.

BobcatTXST04
March 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Will it be on a National Channel (ESPN 2, Vs., etc) or a local station (Local Fox sports)?

I think it would be great to see an SLC team on National TV!

TexasTerror
March 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM
SHSU has nationally-televised Coaches Shows and a general sports show (12th Street Sports Bar -- which includes Anna-Megan Raley of Chronicle/Sports Radio 610 fame) on Fox College Sports. Would be nice if the Kats or any SLC squad could get the games on FCS during the year (i.e Western Kentucky and a few other programs).

McTailGator
March 20th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Will it be on a National Channel (ESPN 2, Vs., etc) or a local station (Local Fox sports)?

I think it would be great to see an SLC team on National TV!

It will be the Local Fox affiliate in SW Louisiana, plus it will be carried over the internet via McNeeseSports.com.

The goal is to sale tickets.

McTailGator
April 8th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Game is on now.

http://www.McNeeseSports.com

McTailGator
April 9th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Blue beats Gold 28-22 in McNeese spring football game
Courtesy: Louis Bonnette
Release: 04/08/2009

McNeese State put together one of its most entertaining spring football games in recent years here Wednesday with the Blue scoring in the last eight seconds of play for a 28-22 victory over the Gold.

Tailback Todd Pendland raced in from 21 yards for the winning score after the Gold team had taken a one point lead on a two point conversion with only 33 seconds left in the game.

Thirty-six of the game’s 50 points were scored in the final 10 minutes of play.

The game brought an end to the Cowboys spring workouts.

A total of 722 yards were produced by the two teams in the 40 minute encounter (four 10 minute quarters were played). The Gold accounted for 380 yards (82 rushing and 298 passing) and the Blue for 342 yards (113 rushing and 229 passing).

Read the Rest Here:

http://www.mcneesesports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22000&ATCLID=3714989

2008 SLC Offensive Player of the Year Todd Pendland (22) scored the game's winning touchdown on a 21 yard run.
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/400/IA/IARZRSWTSIHFYLD.20090409020000.jpg

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Southern all had their largest home crowds of the year when we played in their stadiums. NOT just because there were a lot of McNeese fans, but because more of their fans than usual wanted to see their team play McNeese.
Thats a flat out lie. xnonox

BarefootApp
April 9th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Good job on the TV coverage. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Boone. Should be a great one.

McTailGator
April 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM

No it is NOT...

Go check your freaking attendance that year.

OUR GAME WAS YOUR BEST ATTENDED AT SU.

FACT

NOW LETS SEE IF YOU CAN HONOR A CONTRACT NEXT YEARxrulesx

McNeese75
April 9th, 2009, 09:57 PM

xrolleyesx Link???? Or is that just your opinion?

GAD
April 10th, 2009, 03:04 AM
No they are right, that was an even number year so none of our big draws were home games that year but our attendance was way down that season

McTailGator
April 10th, 2009, 07:37 AM
xrolleyesx Link???? Or is that just your opinion?

It's his desire...

Facts suck sometimes. ;)

We were Gramblings best attended home game in 2003 as well.

813Jag
April 10th, 2009, 09:09 AM
It's his desire...

Facts suck sometimes. ;)

I'm trying to find an offical link but Southern's highest attended game that year was homecoming against Texas College. It drew 27,675. Here's a link from the SWACpage (http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32926) in 2004. Other than the McNeese game we didn't have any big home games.

Edit: From ncaa.org (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2004/Internet/single%20game/IAA_teamattend.html")

All that doesn't take away from the fact we got spanked that night. xsmhx

Retro
April 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Actually, Sujag is correct.. Their Texas College game had 27,000+, while the Mcneese game had 21,000+ per actual home games...

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2004/Internet/single%20game/IAA_teamattend.html

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 10th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Actually, Sujag is correct.. Their Texas College game had 27,000+, while the Mcneese game had 21,000+ per actual home games...

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2004/Internet/single%20game/IAA_teamattend.html

Thank you.

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 10th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'm trying to find an offical link but Southern's highest attended game that year was homecoming against Texas College. It drew 27,675. Here's a link from the SWACpage (http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32926) in 2004. Other than the McNeese game we didn't have any big home games.

Edit: From ncaa.org (http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2004/Internet/single%20game/IAA_teamattend.html")

All that doesn't take away from the fact we got spanked that night. xsmhx

Also the Jackson game, which was a home game got moved to New Orleans.

SU owns stadium records at every in state school we have ever played at. Nicholls, Northwestern, and I think Southeastern. I expect the record to be set at ULL this season and McNeese next season.

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 10th, 2009, 12:23 PM
It's his desire...

Facts suck sometimes. ;)

xcoolx Did you look it up genius. You cant tell me shat about SU, I know my schools history.

lionsrking2
April 10th, 2009, 11:16 PM

SU owns stadium records at every in state school we have ever played at. Nicholls, Northwestern, and I think Southeastern. I expect the record to be set at ULL this season and McNeese next season.

Jackson State was the opponent for our record attendance game.

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Jackson State was the opponent for our record attendance game.

OK thanks for the correction. I wasnt totally SUre about that one, thats why I put I think. xthumbsupx

Jackson is also the opponent for our record home game in 1996 (32,000). Check out the video below. This is an hour before game time. Some kind of way tickets got oversold and 5 buses of Jackson folks had to watch from the track.

No game in the country has the atmoshere of a SU/JSU game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlhX5rexnH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLc3braHY5Q&feature=related

JohnStOnge
April 11th, 2009, 08:40 PM

It's going to be hard to top the ULL record. The Cajuns got 38,783 when they hosted Texas A&M in 1996. They had 33,828 for the McNeese game in 2007. That was the third largest crowd. The second largest was 36,133 for Alabama in 1990.

McNeese72
April 11th, 2009, 09:45 PM

Won't happen at McNeese. The reason is the record for Cowboy Stadium is 27,500 the 1976 game with USL. The fire marshalls won't let that many people in the stadium anymore. :(

Doc

McTailGator
April 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM
xcoolx Did you look it up genius. You cant tell me shat about SU, I know my schools history.

So it took a HOMECOMING game to beat our attendance.

BUT, I remember reading at the end of that season that McNeese was your biggest attended game.

I guess that writter didn't go to homecoming. Or That data was wrong too.

appmaj
April 13th, 2009, 03:48 PM
McNeese @ App. State attendance???

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
So it took a HOMECOMING game to beat our attendance.

BUT, I remember reading at the end of that season that McNeese was your biggest attended game.

I guess that writter didn't go to homecoming. Or That data was wrong too.

The Jackson State game was moved to New Orleans. To say it was Labor Day the attendence was horrible by SU standards.

GeauxLions94
April 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM

Record in Hammond is against Jackson State (12,000 +), but you're more than welcome to come to Hammond and beat it xsmiley_wix

GeauxLions94
April 13th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Won't happen at McNeese. The reason is the record for Cowboy Stadium is 27,500 the 1976 game with USL. The fire marshalls won't let that many people in the stadium anymore. :(

Doc

The fire marshalls didn't want to see the Cajuns, or their fans, suffer too much xwhistlex

McNeese72
April 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
The fire marshalls didn't want to see the Cajuns, or their fans, suffer too much xwhistlex

Not much to worry on that. The Cajuns will never set foot in Cowboy Stadium. Hell! It will probably be another 21 years before they will ever play us again in Lafayette after their beating in 2007. :D

Doc