PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the guard.....a newbie will be I-AA Champions

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Either Furman will win it all for the 1st time since 1988 , Southern Illinois for the 1st time since 1983, or someone who has never won it!

ashram
November 26th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Furman's young defense impressed me today like they haven't all season. Our offense moved the ball at will practically every drive. The score doesn't show it, but we looked great today. Homer or not I'm picking Furman to win it all.

rokamortis
November 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Furman's young defense impressed me today like they haven't all season. Our offense moved the ball at will practically every drive. The score doesn't show it, but we looked great today. Homer or not I'm picking Furman to win it all.

I am pulling for Furman - but they didn't look all that great today IMHO. Right now I'd have to say ASU or UNH have to be the favorites - but I'd love to see Furman go all the way.

lugo02
November 26th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I say Hampton or possibly UNH

AppGuy04
November 26th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I say Hampton or possibly UNH

we'll see about Hmapton in about 20

JMU Duke Dog
November 26th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Unfortunately the Dukes did not make the playoffs this year but maybe JMU started a trend with new teams winning the national title. A lesson teams should learn is to take everyone seriously or you'll be sitting at home when it comes time for Chattanooga.

Tod
November 26th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Unfortunately the Dukes did not make the playoffs this year but maybe JMU started a trend with new teams winning the national title. A lesson teams should learn is to take everyone seriously or you'll be sitting at home when it comes time for Chattanooga.

i.e. Cal Poly, Texas State... :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

grizband
November 26th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Going further back a couple years, Western Kentucky started a trend. Since 2002, when they won the title, the team who has won the title has never won a I-AA title before (Delaware had won one in DII). Heres to someone like Cal Poly, EWU, UNH, etc continuing this trend.

Tod
November 26th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Going further back a couple years, Western Kentucky started a trend. Since 2002, when they won the title, the team who has won the title has never won a I-AA title before (Delaware had won one in DII). Heres to someone like Cal Poly, EWU, UNH, etc continuing this trend.

ASU, UNI... :nod: :nod:

JMU Duke Dog
November 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM

:o Thanks for straightening out my information! As you all know JMU was new to the national championship scene last year so we are not as knowledgeable in regards to national titles as the Montana Griz.

grizband
November 26th, 2005, 08:31 PM
:o Thanks for straightening out my information! As you all know JMU was new to the national championship scene last year so we are not as knowledgeable in regards to national titles as the Montana Griz.
Hey wasn't meant to "straighten you out." I honestly thought that Delaware had won a title at the I-AA level before, thats how I found out. I hope to see JMU back in the playoffs next year.

golionsgo
November 26th, 2005, 08:38 PM

In all honesty, Furman looked a little overrated and I wasn't as impressed with them as I thought I would be. Nicholls State missed some opportunities and really didn't play all that well. If this game would have been in Thibodaux, the Colonels probably would have won by at TD or more. But the Paladins are still playing and that's what counts this time of year.

JMU Duke Dog
November 26th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Hey wasn't meant to "straighten you out." I honestly thought that Delaware had won a title at the I-AA level before, thats how I found out. I hope to see JMU back in the playoffs next year.

No it's cool. I took your post as helpful information not as attacking at all. Maybe both JMU and Montana could have a rematch in 2006 in Chattanooga unless the Griz would be willing to travel to Harrisonburg for a regular season nonconference game as the Dukes still have three open weeks in early September needed to be filled by two teams.