PDA

View Full Version : App St. vs SIU

siugrad99
November 26th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Guess it's not to early to get this started. App St. is the better team and they have proven it all season long. If SIU comes prepared as Saluki fans expect it should be an excellent game. Best of luck to both teams as I look forward to listening or maybe (fingers crossed) watching on ESPN2 :)

Go Dawgs !

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 05:59 PM
This game will be on TV. IMHO, it might be the match of next week. SIU is a good team, and it'll be a great game. Hope you can make it and congrats on the win today.

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Looking forward to that game.
:beerchug:

APPST '93
November 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Looking forward to being back in Boone on Saturday. If we play like we did today we'll get :spank:

Good luck to SIU. It should be a great game.

AppGuy04
November 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM
anyone got a game time yet, i'm sure its either 2 or 3:30

APPST '93
November 26th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I'm thinking 12 or 12:30 (TV?). B-Ball game at 3:30 will be moved to night game.

AppGuy04
November 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking 12 or 12:30 (TV?). B-Ball game at 3:30 will be moved to night game.

either way, i won't be able to go :(

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 10:18 PM
God I hope we dont get the noon game. You gotta get up so early to tailgate.

GGASU
November 26th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Early forecast is for clear skys high in the low to mid 40's. An early kickoff would be better for ticket sales. Today's attendance was only listed at 6500(I was at the game, and there was at least 10k there), we will need a full house to beat SIU.

APPST '93
November 26th, 2005, 10:28 PM
What's the matter. You too old? I'm still kicking at 35. My liver hurts but the DOC says I should live... :beerchug:

catamount man
November 26th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I'm in a wedding next Saturday, so if you guys are on tv, the VCR will be ready. Good luck to you and Furman! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I hope this game is on the tube.

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 10:38 PM
What's the matter. You too old? I'm still kicking at 35. My liver hurts but the DOC says I should live... :beerchug:

Haha, if your referring to me, I'm just bitchin'. If the game starts at 6 AM, I'll be there, and I'll have pre-gamed for at least 3 hours. xprost2x

APPST '93
November 26th, 2005, 10:43 PM
AHH! You've got to love what Charlie Cobb has done this year! I've been tailgating since I got out in '93 (and through college) and it's about damn time I had some more people out there with me. Heading up Friday night and will also be there at least three hours prior.

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Did you see Peacock shaking all the students hands today? We went nuts. Him and Cobb have truly done an awesome job. We need BUZZ this week more than ever. The defense plays out of their minds when KBS is rockin'.

GGASU
November 26th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Did you see Peacock shaking all the students hands today? We went nuts. Him and Cobb have truly done an awesome job. We need BUZZ this week more than ever. The defense plays out of their minds when KBS is rockin'.

ASU Kep you are exactly right... the game was won when ASU was up 27-23 and the crowd started shaking the field...caused a false start and the very next play Murrell forced a turnover. Williams hits Bettis for a 26 yard touchdown on the next play....GAME OVER.

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 11:18 PM
The loudest "6,500" fans I've ever heard. :)

APPST '93
November 27th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I agree. Are we not reporting all the gate receipts? That's a quick way to help with the renovation. My guess was closer to 11K.

ASU Kep
November 27th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I agree, the stadium yesterday had more fans than at least the Elon game last year...the place was deserted for that one and the official attendance was 11k. How big of a slice do we have to kick up to the NCAA/Opposing team off of our ticket sales? I know nothing about how that stuff works.

ravens
November 27th, 2005, 08:15 AM
The loudest "6,500" fans I've ever heard. :)

Hey Kep looks like they deleted Babe's posts. Seems her spelling wasn't up to snuff though she was ok on anatomy parts. That would make sense as I heard from a reliable source that she is a Biology and English double major Sr. at Appy gone home to Pa's farm in GA for Thanksgiving. :)

ASU Kep
November 27th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Western fans are on very, very shaky ground criticizing App's academic standards. :). Maybe AppalachianBabe wasn't who we thought she was: I'd been thinking she could be a deliberate "plant". Perhaps by a certain inter-state rival of ours? :D

ravens
November 27th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Western fans are on very, very shaky ground criticizing App's academic standards. :). Maybe AppalachianBabe wasn't who we thought she was: I'd been thinking she could be a deliberate "plant". Perhaps by a certain inter-state rival of ours? :D

Now Kep you know no Cat worth their salt would praise Appy's QBs, besides her wooha yelping :hurray: and slurred speech :beerchug: proved her to be an Appy coed.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:15 AM
How about getting back to the original point of this thread........
I think Appalachian State has a suspect run D that Whitlock will have a good day against. App. State has homefield advantage, but I doubt if that bothers the Dawgs. The Salukis are 5-2 on the road this year with losses to a DI and at the UNIDome. Boone won't scare them that much. This looks like a good game between two reasonably balanced offenses (unlike the air show that will probably happen in New Hampshire next week).

APPST '93
November 27th, 2005, 09:22 AM
I think our D plays to the level of the competition. They usually step up when they are faced with a challenge. Take the second half yesterday as an example. They stepped up and forced a couple of big TO's. I have a lot of respect for SIU but I think APP pulls away in the 4th. Will the streak continue? No team has lost in single digits at The Rock this year.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I think our D plays to the level of the competition. They usually step up when they are faced with a challenge. Take the second half yesterday as an example. They stepped up and forced a couple of big TO's. I have a lot of respect for SIU but I think APP pulls away in the 4th. Will the streak continue? No team has lost in single digits at The Rock this year.
When the Salukis win, that streak will still be intact.
:D

APPST '93
November 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Ouch! So we'll lose by 10 or more at home. Don't think soooooo. How many SIU fans will travel to Boone? Best guess will do.

Reed Rothchild
November 27th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Good luck to App St in trying to stop the Saluki offense :rolleyes: SIU's qb is just as much of a gamer as Erik Meyer. The difference is that SIU has a tailback and oline who will run the ball all over the place. Load up for the run to stop that and watch one get dropped over top to an all conference tight end. SIU does not get scared when they go on the road and they are an inspired team.

Go Salukis

tarmac
November 27th, 2005, 09:38 AM
What is the history of the term Saluki?

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Ouch! So we'll lose by 10 or more at home. Don't think soooooo. How many SIU fans will travel to Boone? Best guess will do.
Hard to say. I heard they had between 2000-3000 in Chucktown yesterday. You might see some Maroon in Boone.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:41 AM
What is the history of the term Saluki?
What is a Saluki? (http://siusalukis.collegesports.com/ot/saluki-mascot.html)

siugrad99
November 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM
believe there is a link to "what is a saluki" on the SIU Athletic Site. www.siusalukis.com

As for the game App. St is as solid as they come this season. SIU must not turn the ball over and be able to run with Whitlock to be successful. While I don't think the team will be intimidated by a large crowd, they will have to play smart and I think Sambursky will keep them relaxed. If we get behind by more than a touchdown the crowd could become a factor. Since we are such a run oriented team it is very difficult for us to try to come back running the ball.

Best of luck to both teams, if SIU doesn't win all I ask is they represent SIUC & the GFC well. xprost2x

APPST '93
November 27th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Not trying to be an ass just don't know anything about NDS. SIU put up a whopping 9 points. I think they scored on TO's deep in NDS territory.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Not trying to be an ass just don't know anything about NDS. SIU put up a whopping 9 points. I think they scored on TO's deep in NDS territory.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
NDSU was a very good defensive team. The Salukis made the plays when they counted at beat them at their own game.

tarmac
November 27th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Thats interesting. I never would have guessed a Saluki was an Egyptian dog.

AppState09
November 27th, 2005, 11:15 PM
what site is SIU's message board?

ASU Kep
November 28th, 2005, 12:35 AM
http://www.salukitalk.net/st/index.php

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Western fans are on very, very shaky ground criticizing App's academic standards. :). :D

Isn't that the truth.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I'm in a wedding next Saturday, so if you guys are on tv, the VCR will be ready. Good luck to you and Furman! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I bet if it was WCU, the wedding would be without one participant.

SoCon48
November 28th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I agree, the stadium yesterday had more fans than at least the Elon game last year...the place was deserted for that one and the official attendance was 11k. How big of a slice do we have to kick up to the NCAA/Opposing team off of our ticket sales? I know nothing about how that stuff works.

If we make it to the semis and the game isn't the one on the stoopid Friday night, the joint will packed to the woods.