PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Lafayette

Black and Gold Express
November 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM
The game is not over yet, but I wanted to make this its own thread.

Congratulations on a hell of an effort and game. I predicted a 35-17 win, and this game, even if we can score late and make it close to that, was a ton closer than I expected it to be late. I was less than comfortable all game.

Ya'll did yourselves proud. You should be proud of that effort. And fire your annuncers, who with nearly 6 minutes left were verbally throwing in the towel with only an 11 point difference.

GreatAppSt
November 26th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Yeap B&G said it the Leopards brought their spots, fangs and claws and all. Great showing for the PL.

ngineer
November 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM
As I posted on the game thread, Lafayette did us proud. For those of you not familiar with the Lehigh Valley--knowing that Lehigh and Lafayette are 12 miles apart and who go after each other with a vengeance, and who got to see this game, you can imagine the war that was last weekend and every year. App. State kept its composure and it's skills took over late. I expect a UNH/App St final that should light up the scoreboard.
Beautiful setting for a football game. Some nice shots of the area on tv. One exciting and hard fought game by both teams. And finally,
THE COMMITTEE KNEW WHAT IT WAS DOING!!!! :cool:

Pard94
November 26th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Classy posts on behalf of the App State fans. You obviously know your football. You have a great team. Your QB looks like a pro in the making. Best of luck in the playoffs. :beerchug:

YSU can still bite me.

PantherMan
November 26th, 2005, 04:54 PM
As I posted on the game thread, Lafayette did us proud. For those of you not familiar with the Lehigh Valley--knowing that Lehigh and Lafayette are 12 miles apart and who go after each other with a vengeance, and who got to see this game, you can imagine the war that was last weekend and every year. App. State kept its composure and it's skills took over late. I expect a UNH/App St final that should light up the scoreboard.
Beautiful setting for a football game. Some nice shots of the area on tv. One exciting and hard fought game by both teams. And finally,
THE COMMITTEE KNEW WHAT IT WAS DOING!!!! :cool:

While I commend Lafayette on a hard fought game at Appy; the way ASU played, they probably should have lost. Thankfully in the end, the better team did win. I still disagree that the committee knew what it was doing by jumping YSU and a host of other schools to put an 8-3 PL team in the playoffs, but at least they didn't lay an egg like the conference's autobid did. :rolleyes:

lugo02
November 26th, 2005, 05:03 PM
While I commend Lafayette on a hard fought game at Appy; the way ASU played, they probably should have lost. Thankfully in the end, the better team did win. I still disagree that the committee knew what it was doing by jumping YSU and a host of other schools to put an 8-3 PL team in the playoffs, but at least they didn't lay an egg like the conference's autobid did. :rolleyes:

This what I am talking about... PL teams will never earn respect from these stuck-up fans of so called Power Conferences...blame it on the way App State played... as if Lafayette was not even on the field.

Tubby Raymond
November 26th, 2005, 05:44 PM
This what I am talking about... PL teams will never earn respect from these stuck-up fans of so called Power Conferences...blame it on the way App State played... as if Lafayette was not even on the field.

Truth hurts :bang:

lugo02
November 26th, 2005, 05:50 PM

Would a 7-3 team from the Gateway feared any better?

X-Factor
November 26th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Would a 7-3 team from the Gateway feared any better?

I guess we will find out next week when SIU heads to Boon.

lugo02
November 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I guess we will...

lugo02
November 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I guess we will...