PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb Spring Practice

EagleDawg
March 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Any Runnin Bulldog fans had a chance to get by a spring practice? I know they've invited recruits in the class of 09 to stop by and take in a practice but didn't know if the practices were open to the general public. If you have, can you post a report on what you saw? EagleDawg, Jr. , his HS coach and I plan on getting down to GWU for this Saturday's intrasquad scrimmage and then again for the Spring Game on the 28th. I understand that the Dawgs were on Spring Break last week.

Any word on Mario Williams getting a medical redshirt year? If he does, the Dawgs D already the strength of the team could be a special lock down unit. More possessions and better field position for the O courtesy of the D is just another reason to be optimistic for 2009.

Go Runnin Bulldogsxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

elcid83
March 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately, Hudson has been playing baseball so we have not had an opportunity to get to Boiling Springs. Looks like the first time we will get up will be for the Spring Game. Also, I was under the impression that Mario did get his medical redshirt and the coaches knew this back in January.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

EagleDawg
March 15th, 2009, 05:40 PM
ElCid - That's good news about Mario Williams. We'll see you guys on the 28th. I'll try to post after we get back next Saturday on the intrasquad scrimmage.

g-webb1994
March 15th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Mario being back means we might have the best D in the Big South, ahead of Liberty.

Y'all keep me filled in on the QB position in practice this spring. I'm not sold on Doolittle, somebody has got to step up and challenge him for the starting role.