PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS to Tx State/GSU announcers!!!

catamount man
November 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Pam Ward & David Norrie have been BLASTING the flawed BCS system throughout this entire telecast!!! Norrie blasted the I-A system by stating how it doesn't matter that a team like Florida State tanks it up at the end of the year, they get to play for a conference title. They have been pimping the I-AA playoff system to the max and it is REFRESHING to hear. Kudos!!! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! :beerchug:

AppGuy04
November 26th, 2005, 03:51 PM
YAY!!

windwalker
November 26th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Yep... they even said that eventually Div I-A would come to their sense and have a REAL national championship!!! ROFL

Go I-AA

TexasTerror
November 26th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Mack Brown (Texas, formerly of App St) is backing a playoff too...

Glad folks are creating noise about it. It'd take away from I-AA more than likely, but a playoff in Div I would be so exciting!

catamount man
November 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Pam Ward just said it again, "No flawed system here, just a playoff!" HA!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! GO CATAMOUNTS & I-AA!!!

ASU Kep
November 26th, 2005, 06:06 PM
They DID pronounce Appalachian wrong, and they DID say "Nealy would be a very competitive QB at many D-I schools" (he already IS a great QB at a D-I school)...maybe I'm nitpicking...but overall, great job!

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Much better than the UNH crew (especially whining Dave "I'm cold" Simms).

That was the best female announcer that I've seen do a football game.

charliej
November 26th, 2005, 06:16 PM

True,but the UNH-Colgate crew also talked up the I-AA playoff system over the BCS.

Tailbone
November 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM

She was great last year in Missoula (vs UNH) too.
Very knowledgable and supportive of i-aa.
I can overlook her faults.

SuperEagle
November 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM
I was very unimpressed with her. How many times did she call us Ga State? And Jerome Austin? At least know the team's and player's names.
And any of you remember this play? TSU had the ball on their own 20. Neally runs and gets hurt. Eagles already up 5. Did he fumble the ball before his knee hit? We recovered the fumble but they called him down? The announcers never showed a replay or even commented on it? That was a HUGE play. I wasn't sure if his was down or not but a replay or a comment would have been nice. Oh well.

FightinBluHen51
November 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Hum, anyone else think that the ESPNies gave their crews some talking points for today? I think so!

UAalum72
November 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Much better than the UNH crew (especially whining Dave "I'm cold" Simms)
The UNH-'gate crew DID praise the playoff system, then spoiled it by saying 'why can't they do it that way in Division One'.

Sir Sousaphone
November 27th, 2005, 01:42 AM
And any of you remember this play? TSU had the ball on their own 20. Neally runs and gets hurt. Eagles already up 5. Did he fumble the ball before his knee hit? We recovered the fumble but they called him down? The announcers never showed a replay or even commented on it? That was a HUGE play. I wasn't sure if his was down or not but a replay or a comment would have been nice. Oh well.

I saw the play, and I remember the announcers saying that he was down without a doubt. I swear I remember seeing a replay on that play as well.

The play I shook my head at was the one where the Eagles fumbled the ball after a long completion, and then recovered. The refs said the runner was down, and the announcers talked for a while saying that it's a shame that I-AA doesn't have instant replay so they could know for sure if it was a fumble or not.. even though GaSo would have the ball regardless. I believe the next play was a touchdown for the Eagles, and they were still bringing up the "was it a fumble?" play a few minutes ago. :bang: