PDA

View Full Version : Colgate announces Class of 2013

TheValleyRaider
March 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Football Announces Recruiting Class of 2013 (http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/news/2009/3/12/FB_0312090112.aspx?path=football)

“We feel that this class is a balanced one and meets our needs,” said Biddle. “A number of the incoming players will compete for playing time and will be called upon to play special teams. I think this is a very athletic group.”

31 new members of the Colgate family xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 12th, 2009, 12:48 PM
As listed by position, the Raiders add to their roster six offensive linemen, four running backs, one quarterback, four wide receivers, one tight end, three defensive linemen, three linebackers, three defensive backs, one running back-defensive back, four kickers and one linebacker-defensive lineman – though several of the players played multiple positions in high school and could move to other positions once they arrive on campus.

Four kickers!?!?

Actually, as a Lehigh fan I'm nervous about the six OL and the national reach of the class, matching Lehigh's reach in Cali (3 recruits) and their dominance of Florida (a whopping 7 recruits).

Five down, two to go.. and lots more work for carney. xcoolx

RichH2
March 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Nice class. Sad to see so many kids we were recruiting on the Gate list. Biddle has not lost his touch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 12th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Only 3 guys from NEPA which is a bit unusual. Biddle usually cleans up around here but 'Gate did great in Florida. The FB from Berwick is a tough cookie.

Go...gate
March 12th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Four kickers!?!?

Actually, as a Lehigh fan I'm nervous about the six OL and the national reach of the class, matching Lehigh's reach in Cali (3 recruits) and their dominance of Florida (a whopping 7 recruits).

Five down, two to go.. and lots more work for carney. xcoolx

Colgate's kicking game has had its ups and downs over the years. The wind at Andy Kerr Stadium is a nightmare sometimes. xeekx

RichH2
March 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I can envision 2 kicking on the same play . Cannot figure out how to do 4. LOL

colorless raider
March 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Colgate had no kickers or punters in the program so we sure needed them. It will be a spirited competion no doubt.

colorless raider
March 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Nice class. Sad to see so many kids we were recruiting on the Gate list. Biddle has not lost his touch.

Who on the list was Lehigh after or who visited you?

RichH2
March 12th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Yeager, Capodiferro and 2 others which I cannot rememberand am too lazytolook up

TheValleyRaider
March 12th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'd imagine we could have as many as 3 on the roster for home games. FGs, Punting, and Kickoffs. I doubt they go that route, given Biddle wouldn't want to not have use of a kicker for half the season (with roster limits on road trips). If nothing else, it'll be quite a competition for the spots xnodx