PDA

View Full Version : Laney: Enhancements Needed

TexasTerror
November 26th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Not sure if this is old news, but Laney is being very adamant on the Furman-Nicholls game's halftime show about how things should be.

Laney wants to seed the top 8. Says to toss regionalization because we're getting matchups too much earlier than we should.

I'm in agreement. Only negative I see is that there may be fewer travelers, but most of the I-AA is on the east coast so it's easier to travel as is. Not like Big Sky is gonna get favorable road trips or GWFC for that matter. SLC may be a bit more favorable, but it's still a longer trip than some of the A10 to PL trips, etc...

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I thought that they were going to seed the Top 8 teams this season?

TexasTerror
November 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I thought that they were going to seed the Top 8 teams this season?

Laney said something about submitting it to NCAA for revising...

FlyBoy8
November 26th, 2005, 01:00 PM
most of the I-AA is on the east coast so it's easier to travel as is.

news to me. half the auto-bid conferences aren't on the east coast.

Big Sky
Southland
Gateway
OVC

plus the Great West

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Many people on the East Coast will complain if they have to travel more than 2 hours......nothing new there :rolleyes: .

unifight
November 26th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I think they should seed all the way through and getr 1-16, 2-15, etc.

We shouldn't be stuck going to New Hampshire if we win.

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 01:14 PM
You don't think that UNI would have been a #8 or #9 seed?

UNH 1999
November 26th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I think they should seed all the way through and getr 1-16, 2-15, etc.

We shouldn't be stuck going to New Hampshire if we win.

stuck going to New Hampshire? it'll be such a pleasent trip! snow, wind, cold, dark by 4:00 p.m.

nice place to take a vacation to in December. :)

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM
What I find funny is people act like New Hampshire is the only place in the United States with cold and snowy weather. :rolleyes:

UNH 1999
November 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
What I find funny is people act like New Hampshire is the only place in the United States with cold and snowy weather. :rolleyes:

we aren't? you get snow in Maine? good lord!!! wait until the rest of NH learns this terrible news... :)

mainejeff
November 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I would say that from Montana across the country to about Pennsylvania and North is a good bet for snow and temps in the 20's this time of year.

UNH 1999
November 26th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I would say that from Montana across the country to about Pennsylvania and North is a good bet for snow and temps in the 20's this time of year.

i know that... the above post was sarcasm... :rolleyes: regardless, now it's time to watch the civil war... FSU v. UF. Go 'Noles!

TexasTerror
November 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Many people on the East Coast will complain if they have to travel more than 2 hours......nothing new there :rolleyes: .

That's exactly what I meant...