PDA

View Full Version : EWU star players to Pac 10?

Ronbo
March 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM
This was brought up over on eGriz. WR's Boyce and Brown are being looked at by Washington and QB Nichols possibly to Washington State.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/huskyfootball/2009/02/14/huskies_looking_at_eastern_rec.html

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/feb/14/sniffing-around/?print-friendly

Shellin
March 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I haven't heard any rumors whatsoever about Nichols coming here to WSU...I'm sure if that was going to happen there would have been some information out and this is definitely the first I've heard of it. As for the two receivers, there was a lot of talk about it right when the EWU violations were reported but I haven't heard anything since. The article that you linked was from February 14 and as far as I know there hasn't been anymore info.

ncbears
March 10th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Where's the thing about Nichols?

Ronbo
March 10th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Nothing in print, something heard and a rumor. Would make some sense as his old coach is there. Just hearsay right now.

Now I'm hearing rumor that Nichols is looking at going to Washington State.

This was posted by a guy that knows some inside people.

Shellin
March 10th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Fair enough, I really doubt that Nichols would come to WSU now though...granted we're terrible at the QB position right now with Lopina, Levenseller and Lobbestael but a guy with only 1 year of eligibility left showing up after spring practices are already done sounds pretty impossible to me. Definitely not saying that guy is wrong but it doesn't really add up to me at least.

Screamin_Eagle174
March 10th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Fair enough, I really doubt that Nichols would come to WSU now though...granted we're terrible at the QB position right now with Lopina, Levenseller and Lobbestael but a guy with only 1 year of eligibility left showing up after spring practices are already done sounds pretty impossible to me. Definitely not saying that guy is wrong but it doesn't really add up to me at least.

With names like Lopina, Levenseller and Lobbestael, I wouldn't say WSU is terrible at QB.

I'd say they're more Lame, Loathsome and Lacking. xsmiley_wix

Shellin
March 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
With names like Lopina, Levenseller and Lobbestael, I wouldn't say WSU is terrible at QB.

I'd say they're more Lame, Loathsome and Lacking. xsmiley_wix

I agree although you might want to switch up the order to Loathesome (Lopina had 0 TDs and 11 INTs), Lacking (only playing QB cuz his daddy is a WSU coach) and Lame (Lobbestael is recovering from an ACL and MCL tear).

Ronbo
March 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I would think Nichols already knows the WSU offense, wouldn't you? Seems like he could just step right in and give WSU another year to groom a good starter.

Touchdown Yosef
March 11th, 2009, 11:58 AM
What are the rules for transferring up? Will they lose a year and have to sit out or can they walk right in and play?

I hope it would be they have to sit out b/c star players leaving FCS for FBS would set a horrible precedent if it were to become the norm and literally turn a programs into a glorified farm system.

it is good to see players stay where they are and where that have proven their abilities. I would however understand the motivation however with having your post season taken away for something you had no part in.

FCS Go!
March 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM
What are the rules for transferring up? Will they lose a year and have to sit out or can they walk right in and play?

I hope it would be they have to sit out b/c star players leaving FCS for FBS would set a horrible precedent if it were to become the norm and literally turn a programs into a glorified farm system.

Armanti had a tangible offer on the table for a certain BCS school that I won't name but he turned it down last summer. (no it wasn't Michigan or South Carolina)

Rumor has it that if your school is banned from post-season the usual transfer rules don't apply. You can play immediately.

Touchdown Yosef
March 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Rumor has it that if your school is banned from post-season the usual transfer rules don't apply. You can play immediately.

Wow, that is certainly interesting.

eagle1
March 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
There has been no word recently about any of these players leaving for the PAC 10. I think Boyce, Brown, and Nichols would rather stay here and win games even without post-season then go and struggle to win 2-3 games at UW or Wazzu. xsmiley_wix

kalm
March 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Nichols is staying.

The one player right now that might be leaving is Boyce - UW and BSU have been calling. But there's a reason he went to EWU in the first place - foot shorter, step slower -and there's no guarantee he will start or see much playing time.

EWU is appealing the post season ban, which could take all the way into the season before a decision is made. If the 2009 season starts, the ban would not take affect until 2010.

It should not take affect at all.