View Full Version : GMEN gearing up for Tough Sept Games!!!

mikebigg
March 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Talk about a tough opening stretch of games... I love it!xnodx

http://www.thederisoreport.com/2009/03/10/tests-for-grambling-next-year-will-come-early-often/

Tests for Grambling next year will come early, often
by: Nick Deriso March 10, 2009 , 2:04 pm (CT)
Grambling’s players and coaches have already begun to peer down the road at the season’s first month.

They could be in for a bumpy ride.

“This is no slap against anyone,” said third-year coach Rod Broadway, “but our first four games are tough. We could be a better football team and not win as many games because of the schedule.”

On consecutive weekends to begin the year, Grambling plays South Carolina State, Northwestern State, Jackson State and Oklahoma State.

TexasTerror
March 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Glad to see a SWAC school playing a respectable OOC slate. A shame that others in the league don't hop on board the ship, though I guess playing sub-Div I foes may help pay for the dead weight earning nice paychecks at a few schools...?

McNeese75
March 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
xthumbsupx

R.A.
March 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM
A 2-2 September for Grambling is respectable... wins over NSU and JSU.

mikebigg
March 11th, 2009, 08:20 AM

As my high school coach used to say... "I don't see a team on the schedule we can beat, and I don't see a team on there that can beat us". That's the mindset the team has to have for the upcoming season. We could easily open up 3-0 or just as easily 0-3. SCSU will be a big opening test...they were 10-3 last season and anxious to use this game for FCS ranking and the fact that it's Grambling. NWST beat us last year...they want to do it again because this is a geographical in state rivalry and because of the conference rivalry. Plus (and not being cocky) it's because it's Grambling. Jackson State wants revenge...we handled them pretty good in the SCG and they are pissed at both Grambling and the JSU Coaching staff. The JSU Staff knows it and they will be ready this season to flex their muscle when we travel to Jackson that weekend. Coming off the prior two games, we better come ready to play for the 3rd consecutive weekend.

Coach Broadway has his work cut out for him... I think he likes it. He's a detailed and focused coach who believes in hard work and preparation. And he knows what these games means to his tenure at Grambling. I think he's getting more and more comfortable being there after some turmoil his first season...but he's steady and of course he weathered that by winning. He continues to improve the team like last year and he'll find it hard to leave.

jstate83
March 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Be dammed!! xlolx
Our first four games are against Mississippi State, Tennessee State, Grambling, and Southern.
We plan on being no less than 3-1 after 4 games.
Got to make up for offensive screwup's across the board last year.

3rd Coast Tiger
March 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Glad to see a SWAC school playing a respectable OOC slate. A shame that others in the league don't hop on board the ship, though I guess playing sub-Div I foes may help pay for the dead weight earning nice paychecks at a few schools...?

Rumor spreading around "Bearkat Land" that the "Big Lou" Esposito of the "powerhouse" St. Josephs College Pumas (Indiana) will be replacing Prairie View A&M.

http://www.saintjoe.edu/athletics/staff/img/Esposito-Lou.jpg
"Big Lou"

Here's the link to their "Varsity" football schedule. xlolx

http://www.saintjoe.edu/athletics/schedules/schedules.php?team_id=203