PDA

View Full Version : How much does your Scholarship club donate?

Shockerman
March 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM
We have banted this around a bit in Shocker nation about how much of an increase SASO (Shocker Athletic Scholarship Organization) would need to help sustain football. Last year we raised $3,024,710 which allows us to fully fund all of the sports we have. So right now, we are balancing the books every year. This is one of the hangups with football is that knowone knows if we can raise enough to help cover the additional scholarships without affecting our current bottom line. One positve thing is that we have the lowest student fees by far in the region and there is some ability to help fund football through the students. So I will start this out, just copy and paste your organization and the amount it raises each year.

SASO (Wichita State) $3,024,710

PantherRob82
March 9th, 2009, 10:58 PM
UNI's PSC only does 1.1 mil or so. Looks like you have enough for football. ;)

Brad82
March 10th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Rhody FB only gets $100-$200K in donations.
Considered good for FCS level.

bisonguy
March 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM
NDSU's Team Makers raised $2.1 MM for 2008.

bincitysioux
March 10th, 2009, 11:36 AM
North Dakota's Fighting Sioux Club raised $2.02 Million last year.

NDB
March 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
hey, bin.

i thought i remember reading betty engelstad ponying up serious dough for an endowment for the hockey programs, is that right?

bincitysioux
March 10th, 2009, 06:10 PM
hey, bin.

i thought i remember reading betty engelstad ponying up serious dough for an endowment for the hockey programs, is that right?

Yes, I don't remember the specifics of it though. It was announced in either 2007 or 2006. The Engelstad's gave another $20 Million to UND for various scholarships and academic departments. Only details I can remember off the top of my head are a portion for endowed professorships, minority scholarships, and IIRC $4 Million for hockey scholarships.

BearsCountry
March 10th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I can't find the Bears Fund information on the web but they announce each year at one of the basketball games.