PDA

View Full Version : Maine picks up former Nebraska recruit

PapaBear
March 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
As usual, it's the team and coaches that sold the place. Very few schools make a kid feel as welcome as quickly as Maine does.

The article positions him as either a RB or LB, but knowing the depth chart, I can't see him playing RB anytime soon. He could, however, be in the mix at one of the OLB spots.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/articles/2009/03/05/sports/sc_times_trib.20090305.b.pg1.tt05bodtmann_s1.23496 86_spo1.txt

mainejeff
March 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
This caps off an awesome recruiting class (on paper) for Cosgrove and the Maine football program. It's not often that Maine picks up 3-star recruits......hopefully this kid will use the spurning by Nebraska to work extra hard to prove himself in the CAA.

Tribe4SF
March 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
As usual, it's the team and coaches that sold the place. Very few schools make a kid feel as welcome as quickly as Maine does.

The article positions him as either a RB or LB, but knowing the depth chart, I can't see him playing RB anytime soon. He could, however, be in the mix at one of the OLB spots.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/articles/2009/03/05/sports/sc_times_trib.20090305.b.pg1.tt05bodtmann_s1.23496 86_spo1.txt

Bodtmann has always been primarily a LB prospect. I don't believe he played defense in 2008 because of his injury. He had 149 tackles as a junior.

An odd, and sad recruiting story for him. Early commit to Nebraska, and then they pull his offer the week before signing day. If schools are going to do kids this way then the kids need to protect themselves. The converse to what Nebraska did would be if a kid committed to multiple schools to hold his spots, and then informed the losers right before signing. If kids would quit publicizing their commitments they could do this since the schools can't discuss verbals.

JMUFortier
March 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Good recruit to grab. Congratulations. I look forward to seeing you in Harrisonburg this November and bringing some of my Maine Black Bears family.