PDA

View Full Version : ASU player makes us proud

psc2445
March 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
http://today.appstate.edu/riddle/

Billy Riddle just finished his final season as a Mountaineer, but has already experienced more than most of us. Pretty inspiring if you have time to read

BEAR
March 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Great story! Glad to see an athlete living those kind of actions..positive!

On a side note: I watched a TV show where they said an App. player was living in his car. xeekx The whole show was on the App. mountains and the culture there..it focused on the marijuana crops(we don't have that in the Ozarksxlolx) , but it mentioned a player living in his car. It kind of surprised me, just wondering if any Mountaineer fans knew about this. Didn't mean to derail the thread as I said, great work by Riddle!

AtlantaMountaineer
March 3rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
That story was on 20/20 concerning poverty in Appalachia which is concentrated in Eastern Kentucky/West Virginia (Coal mining country) ASU is in Boone, NC, more of a tourist area and definitely no coal mines. But it is a common misconception about Appalachian State.

ASU
March 4th, 2009, 03:15 AM
I saw that program.....was some high school kid in West Virginia or Kentucky that lived in his car because he couldn't stand the situation at home....he got a scholarship to some school in Kentucky but dropped out the first quarter.

ASU
March 4th, 2009, 03:23 AM
We are all proud of Billy Riddle....a fine Mountaineer football player, student, and person.
His continued work in Africa is amazing. After having malaria a couple of times, and now going back to dig wells, build churches and schools, he reminds me of the Graham family.

I would also like to mention Tom Posser, class of 2008, who played left field on the Appalachian baseball team.....he died recently after rushing into his parents burning house in Etowah, Tennessee, to try to rescue his parents. His parents escaped but he died trying to find them.

phillyAPP
March 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM
http://today.appstate.edu/riddle/

Billy Riddle just finished his final season as a Mountaineer, but has already experienced more than most of us. Pretty inspiring if you have time to read

HE GETS "IT" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is great what he is doing. Makes me feel like i may be underachieving?